Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Sorry. Thought I did it correctly. How do I do it correctly?
At the top right of every post there is a post number. Simply hover the mouse over the number, right-click and select Copy Link in Safari. Then paste it into a reply.

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 11.46.13 AM.png

Those instructions are for a fresh install. But if this is a different computer that needs its own serial numbers then of course Thing 2 can be ignored. Please note that my previous post has been updated. It contains 4 "things".

Finally got around to performing a fresh Mojave install.
I was able to get into the Mojave installer by using the method that you talked about in your previous reply to me. It started and i began the OS install. I got to the firstreboot, and on that reboot selected from clover “install Mac OS Mojave” which is guess is the continuation of the install I began. I have now been stuck at this for about 15 min.

Attachments

• 6F9B1707-A469-47B9-AC68-EFDE6919098F.jpeg
    6F9B1707-A469-47B9-AC68-EFDE6919098F.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 72
Finally got around to performing a fresh Mojave install.
I was able to get into the Mojave installer by using the method that you talked about in your previous reply to me. It started and i began the OS install. I got to the firstreboot, and on that reboot selected from clover “install Mac OS Mojave” which is guess is the continuation of the install I began. I have now been stuck at this for about 15 min.

OK, sorry about this, but I ended up waiting a few more minutes after posting this, and the installer started up again. It has rebooted a second time and I think that it is about to go into Mojave for this first time. My next question is what do I do about configuration. Do I follow the original guide or is there an updated version for Mojave?

And in case anyone asks, I chose mojave because I use pro tools and a lot of audio software/production plugins are not certified for Catalina yet.

Thanks!

The installer and preinstaller can only be removed by downloading the 10.15.6 Combo Updater from Apple and running it.

Native NVRAM needs to be enabled in order to install 10.15.4 and later versions successfully. Now that you have native NVRAM enabled, the Combo Updater should fix everything.

Thanks once again!

Got everything working after using the combo updater. Then getting the clover theme manager setup.

I guess that's what I get for not keeping up with the updates ;)..

Thanks for the great resource!

Thanks so much for the reply.

-No, I'm not using the NVMe Fix kext (Sorry, I must have missed that in the documentation).

-If this refers to the USB, yes I can boot directory with the macOS installer flash disk. (If you're referring to something other than the USB, sorry, this is my first build so my terminology may be off)
NOTE: If I use clover on USB to boot and then run Mojave from NVMe, it boots. It's only when using clover on NVMe and then booting with Mojave from NVMe that fails.

-I have not tried to install and boot from a standard SSD (I will try this. Great idea).

If your are on macOS Catalina 10.15.4 or newer (or trying to install it) please check this guide by @CaseySJ.
Use May 2020 Update EFI folder from that guide. It contains the new OcQuirks which replace the AptioMemoryFix and all OsxAptioFix variants.

There are so much files in your EFI folder. Keep it simple as Casey's May 2020 EFI.

You can also use OpenCore 0.6.0 instead of Clover

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 22.21.46.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 22.21.46.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
You should use only one of theses files. EmuVariableUefi-64.efi or OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi.
really? you sure about that?

OK, sorry about this, but I ended up waiting a few more minutes after posting this, and the installer started up again. It has rebooted a second time and I think that it is about to go into Mojave for this first time. My next question is what do I do about configuration. Do I follow the original guide or is there an updated version for Mojave?

And in case anyone asks, I chose mojave because I use pro tools and a lot of audio software/production plugins are not certified for Catalina yet.

Thanks!
I would recommend OpenCore now for new Mojave installations. It's perfectly okay if Clover was used to build the USB install disk. But for post-installation we can do the following:
  • If you haven't used MultiBeast so far for post-installation, we can instead switch to OpenCore 0.6.0.
    • This requires unlocking MSR 0xE2, which is easy to do now with the new OpenCore 0.6.0 package.
    • Because this is a new installation, no serial numbers have yet been assigned. And you have not yet signed into iCloud.
    • So we can follow the OpenCore 0.6.0 Official guide posted earlier this morning, but instead of copying and pasting serial numbers from an existing installation, we can use OpenCore Configurator itself to generate new numbers:
    • OpenCore DataHub.pngOpenCore ROM.png
    • If you'd like to try OpenCore and have any questions, feel free to ask.

I would recommend OpenCore now for new Mojave installations. It's perfectly okay if Clover was used to build the USB install disk. But for post-installation we can do the following:
  • If you haven't used MultiBeast so far for post-installation, we can instead switch to OpenCore 0.6.0.
    • This requires unlocking MSR 0xE2, which is easy to do now with the new OpenCore 0.6.0 package.
    • Because this is a new installation, no serial numbers have yet been assigned. And you have not yet signed into iCloud.
    • So we can follow the OpenCore 0.6.0 Official guide posted earlier this morning, but instead of copying and pasting serial numbers from an existing installation, we can use OpenCore Configurator itself to generate new numbers:
    • View attachment 482810View attachment 482811
    • If you'd like to try OpenCore and have any questions, feel free to ask.
Thank you so much! i will report back.

Back