Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ , @yosoyoco, @jleahy2

Hi - Ok - refreshed original firmware - sys prof = no Thunderbolt loaded. Im now on the original Mac OS firmware as opposed to the recent update. Behaviour is as it was - everything working properly except the Focusrite . Will try without the Tbolt SSDT next.....beyond frustrated - I was really hopeful....

@CaseySJ , @yosoyoco, @jleahy2

Hi - Ok - refreshed original firmware - sys prof = no Thunderbolt loaded. Im now on the original Mac OS firmware as opposed to the recent update. Behaviour is as it was - everything working properly except the Focusrite . Will try without the Tbolt SSDT next.....beyond frustrated - I was really hopeful....
If you describe the problem to Focusrite Tech Support, they might offer some suggestions. At the very least they may ask you for certain log files that might contain important clues.

Is there a way to flash the firmware on the builtin Thunderbolt controller on Designare Z390? Or this is only related to the separate PCIe card? Trying to find the tutorial but there is so many crossover posts so going there and back with no luck at all. I have a flash programmer so I believe just need to get a correct firmware to flash and localize the chip on the board. So if anyone could help me or just tell me if this is actually possible at all with builtin option. Thanks.

If you describe the problem to Focusrite Tech Support, they might offer some suggestions. At the very least they may ask you for certain log files that might contain important clues.
I've spoken at length with the senior guy there who's as helpful as he can be given I'm not using supported hardware - he team viewed in and said settings look OK - the driver in Sys Prof PCI says Driver installed and gives a Thunderbolt address. I tried it without the Bolt SSDT, but generally things were erratic so its back in now. Could it be an addressing error in IOreg?

Is there a way to flash the firmware on the builtin Thunderbolt controller on Designare Z390? Or this is only related to the separate PCIe card? Trying to find the tutorial but there is so many crossover posts so going there and back with no luck at all. I have a flash programmer so I believe just need to get a correct firmware to flash and localize the chip on the board. So if anyone could help me or just tell me if this is actually possible at all with builtin option. Thanks.
Please have a look at Section 8 of the Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides at the top of Post 1. If you then have any questions, feel free to ask.

I've spoken at length with the senior guy there who's as helpful as he can be given I'm not using supported hardware - he team viewed in and said settings look OK - the driver in Sys Prof PCI says Driver installed and gives a Thunderbolt address. I tried it without the Bolt SSDT, but generally things were erratic so its back in now. Could it be an addressing error in IOreg?

In your I/O reg, there's no PCIeAudio.Engine under the Focusrite PCIe.Device
It's either a driver problem or the machine is not in thunderbolt mode.

In your I/O reg, there's no PCIeAudio.Engine under the Focusrite PCIe.Device
It's either a driver problem or the machine is not in thunderbolt mode.
Hi - @yosoyoco - Thanks for commenting - Is that the same with this one from today? Green Thunderbolt light on device and app is communicating with it - just won't talk to system audio - just also uploaded a page from it - is it here that it doesn't look right?

Attachments

• 1st august 2020.ioreg
    9.2 MB · Views: 84
  • IO device.png
    IO device.png
    287.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Hi - @yosoyoco - Thanks for commenting - Is that the same with this one from today? Green Thunderbolt light on device and app is communicating with it - just won't talk to system audio - just also uploaded a page from it - is it here that it doesn't look right?
Not the same hardware but here is what it looks like with my RME interface

Attachments

• IO Device.png
    IO Device.png
    472.9 KB · Views: 82
Not the same hardware but here is what it looks like with my RME interface

thanks for that - so Im missing the IO streams?.....is that a thunderbolt io stream in yours?

Back