Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi @Inqnuam - thank you for responding. Ill give this a go although im not great at adjusting these -and report back- dont you think its odd that just this one device isn't happy?
Please try this SSDT
backup your SSDT before

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-NPE9-4-HackinDROM.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 62
Hi - Removed current Tb SSDt - replaced with attachment - thank you for that - no change - except now PCI bus doesnt list Focusrite TB device and Gigabyte as you can see from my png b4 and after - really appreciate your assistance

Attachments

• focusrite pci bus.png
    focusrite pci bus.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 62
  • PCI with Hackindrom.png
    PCI with Hackindrom.png
    83 KB · Views: 68
Hi - Removed current Tb SSDt - replaced with attachment - thank you for that - no change - except now PCI bus doesnt list Focusrite TB device and Gigabyte as you can see from my png b4 and after - really appreciate your assistance
can you upload your IOReg after replacing the new SSDT please?

@Inqnuam - here it is - my card is in slot 5 by the way

Attachments

• hackindrom.ioreg
    9.2 MB · Views: 58
@Inqnuam - Hi Loaded it - thanks again - PCI devices now listed ok again - no change to the Focusrite though. Blackmagic Mini Monitor hanging off the same bus working fine....The device isn't faulty - here's my io reg after the change

Attachments

• Latest.ioreg
    9.3 MB · Views: 79
@Inqnuam - Hi Loaded it - thanks again - PCI devices now listed ok again - no change to the Focusrite though. Blackmagic Mini Monitor hanging off the same bus working fine....The device isn't faulty - here's my io reg after the change

@CaseySJ
what I changed from your "original" SSDT:

Slot number (cosmetic effect) from "Built In" to "Slot-5" and set a correct Buffer ("0x09" to "0x07")

Using HackinDROM I updated the entier ThunderboltDROM with TB Bus ID 0
Vendor name: Apple Inc.
Device name: Macintosh

added ThunderboltConfig section
changed Package (0x0F) to "0x11"

Sorry my "competences" stops here
Maybe Casey can help you

@Inqnuam - grateful for your time and input....hopefully I can get past this.....

Back