Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks! Do you know if it’s possible to launch the app only in the background? I don’t want to see the app icon in the top bar.
I have modified its source code to remove the menu bar code, but I can't change its preferences now. So you can just download the code, run it and adjust your preferences, edit the code and create a build, add it to your applications folder, and finally to your login items. It's working excellent since then without spamming my menu bar.

I have attached the changes required to disable the icon, just comment these three lines.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 1.34.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 1.34.14 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 120
@CaseySJ
Much appreciated! At what point should I replace it? and will deleting or replacing these files affect the data on my current OS SSD?
Cheers
Is the system booting now with only OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000? If so, it can be replaced with OcQuirks-4/FwRuntimeServices anytime. It won't affect the data on your OS SSD. It's only used during the early boot phase.

I have found two more advantages of disabling XMP beside not receiving the disk not ejected properly notifications after sleep.
- My most annoying issue was with bluetooth trackpad and keyboard after waking from sleep has been fixed, now it doesn't take 3 seconds delay before they work.
- Wake from sleep is now instant, in my case it's very close to the time my monitor starts, before it took like 2 seconds.

I didn't notice any real world performance drop after disabling XMP. Maybe macOS is not optimized to use it because real mac don't use it or there's an issue with USB when waking with it enabled thus disconnecting bluetooth and external drives.
Good to know. I'll add this to Contributed Files and Tips.

Hope this hasn't been mentioned yet, but since I got so much help from this thread, I thought I'd try to contribute.

I just want to report that I have succesfully connected my late 2010 27" LED Apple Cinema Display to my computer. I used a mini-display port to display port connector that I bought from some no-name company in China (I'm in Japan, so likely won't help anyone if I post a link). Everything works, I get 2560x1440 resolution and didn't have to do anything to get the brightness controls on the keyboard to work.

So, for anyone like me that is too cheap to buy a new monitor, don't worry! You can still use the old Apple Cinema Displays with no problems at all.

I have modified its source code to remove the menu bar code, but I can't change its preferences now. So you can just download the code, run it and adjust your preferences, edit the code and create a build, add it to your applications folder, and finally to your login items. It's working excellent since then without spamming my menu bar.

I have attached the changes required to disable the icon, just comment these three lines.
Wow thank you Sir ill give a try!

The screenshots are correct. Some questions:
  • Are you using an HDMI-to-HDMI cable (no adapters)?
  • What is the make/model of your monitor? Is it a TV?
  • What version of Clover is running? Simply press "A" for "About" at the Clover Boot Menu.
An alternative solution is to use a USB-C to DisplayPort cable such as this one. Or USB-C to HDMI cable such as this one. However, on-board HDMI should work with those updated/debug versions of Lilu/WhateverGreen.
@CaseySJ I'm using two monitors, both from Dell.
  • The main one is a Ultrasharp 27inch connected with usb-c to DisplatPort cable
  • The secondary is a cheap 23 inch model that only has HDMI and VGA ports. I'm using HDMI connected directly to the motherboard. No adapters.
Clover is 5119. I don't think the issue is the cable or connection, because if I boot up with both monitors connected, the main one gets all glitchy and blinking

Did this very carefully twice and it won’t boot?

On-board HDMI will not work until next versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen are released, and platform ID is changed to 0x3E9B0007 and a Framebuffer patch is applied. Details of platform ID and frame buffer patching are in Post #1.

Thank you I'll check Post#1 out.

Also my iMessage has trouble sending big files like multiple pictures or small mp4 video. It just freeze at the end. Any idea as to why it keeps getting stuck?

Thank you I'll check Post#1 out.
Because you have an RX 580, it's best to continue using that. In order to use on-board HDMI we have to switch Platform ID to 0x3E9B0007 and apply a Framebuffer patch. However, switching to 0x3E9B0007 will cause a number of audio/video/photo apps to crash on launch, including (a) Final Cut Pro, (b) iMovie, (c) ACDSee Photo Editor for Mac, etc. This platform ID is strongly discouraged and should only be used temporarily while waiting for an AMD GPU to be delivered!
Also my iMessage has trouble sending big files like multiple pictures or small mp4 video. It just freeze at the end. Any idea as to why it keeps getting stuck?
I have not experienced this myself, but if you have a real Mac, does the same problem occur?

@CaseySJ I'm using two monitors, both from Dell.
  • The main one is a Ultrasharp 27inch connected with usb-c to DisplatPort cable
  • The secondary is a cheap 23 inch model that only has HDMI and VGA ports. I'm using HDMI connected directly to the motherboard. No adapters.
Clover is 5119. I don't think the issue is the cable or connection, because if I boot up with both monitors connected, the main one gets all glitchy and blinking
  • Are you still getting blank screen from the on-board HDMI port (midway through the boot process)?
  • If the Dell Ultrasharp 27" supports HDMI, have you tried connecting that monitor instead of the 23"?

Back