Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Quick question- I've kept my monitor via GPU's HDMI. I got a color-accurate monitor so I switched it to the GPU and, just for giggles and grins, I plugged in my main into the MB's HDMI.

Now, I got a black screen and its still black when I go back to the GPU's HDMI. I have no display! lol Haven't done a hard restart yet because I'm in the middle of transferring files but would that fix it? Does the native HDMI on the MB just not work?

I've always followed this guide for fresh installs since I've had this build. But a recent fresh install using the Catalina 10.15.5 mini guide went fairly well, but I cannot use my 2xBay Hotswappable USB 3.1 SATA Docking station properly. If there is one disc inserted and I try to insert another, it unmounts the currently inserted drive. And the same thing happens when I remove a drive. And when I unmount the drives in OSX, then pull them out, I get a message saying that the drive was not ejected properly. Even if I wait for it to disappear from the finder, stop spinning, and wait 2-3 min....
Some questions:
  • What is the make/model of the docking station?
  • Was it working properly prior to 10.15.5?
  • Which USB port is the dock station plugged into? Or is it connected through a Hub?

** Reminder: Profanity is a violation of the Rules **
(Even if it's part of a common phrase)

Excerpt from Rules:

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 9.34.45 AM.png

Quick question- I've kept my monitor via GPU's HDMI. I got a color-accurate monitor so I switched it to the GPU and, just for giggles and grins, I plugged in my main into the MB's HDMI.

Now, I got a black screen and its still black when I go back to the GPU's HDMI. I have no display! lol Haven't done a hard restart yet because I'm in the middle of transferring files but would that fix it? Does the native HDMI on the MB just not work?
On-board HDMI will not work until next versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen are released, and platform ID is changed to 0x3E9B0007 and a Framebuffer patch is applied. Details of platform ID and frame buffer patching are in Post #1.

@CaseySJ The info you requested for debugging the HDMI port. Config.plist available here
The config.plist is configured properly. Because you're running Mojave, please check the following:
  • The debug versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen should be copied to /Library/Extensions
  • Then run Kext Utility to rebuild the kernel cache
  • Reboot
If the on-board HDMI port still fails to work, please post screenshots of the following:
  • /Library/Extensions folder
  • CLOVER/kexts/Other folder (EFI partition of Mojave SSD)

@CaseySJ Just got my copy of this build working with Mojave 10.14.6, only issue I’m having is when I eject the macos/clover bootloader usb after post installation is complete, I get a crossed out circle (/) when Booting Mojave from the Mojave SSD. Any ideas?

@CaseySJ Just got my copy of this build working with Mojave 10.14.6, only issue I’m having is when I eject the macos/clover bootloader usb after post installation is complete, I get a crossed out circle (/) when Booting Mojave from the Mojave SSD. Any ideas?
This is usually a simple thing to fix. Please do this:
  • Mount EFI partition of the Mojave SSD
  • Expand the CLOVER folder and subfolders so we can see (a) drivers64UEFI or drivers/UEFI, (b) kexts/Other
  • Post a screenshot
Most likely there's an incorrect memory EFI driver or multiple memory EFI drivers.

The config.plist is configured properly. Because you're running Mojave, please check the following:
  • The debug versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen should be copied to /Library/Extensions
  • Then run Kext Utility to rebuild the kernel cache
  • Reboot
If the on-board HDMI port still fails to work, please post screenshots of the following:
  • /Library/Extensions folder
  • CLOVER/kexts/Other folder (EFI partition of Mojave SSD)
@CaseySJ I'm NOT running Mojave. I'm running Catalina.
I do have the kexts on /Library/Extensions and did run Kext Utility after replacing them.
Here are the screenshots:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 14.40.12.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 14.40.12.png
    673.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 14.42.27.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 14.42.27.png
    842 KB · Views: 59
@CaseySJ I'm NOT running Mojave. I'm running Catalina.
I do have the kexts on /Library/Extensions and did run Kext Utility after replacing them.
Here are the screenshots:
If you're running Catalina, then all Hackintosh kexts should be moved out of /Library/Extensions and copied only into CLOVER/kexts/Other. Please see Steps 3, 4, 5 here:
However: Please make a full bootable backup before doing this because one simple mistake can render your system unbootable.

After copying the necessary kexts into CLOVER/kexts/Other, feel free to post a screenshot of that folder.

Back