Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ Regarding no onboard HDMI on Catalina...
Thanks! I'm using Catalina. Is there any known workaround? Can I downgrade?

Do I need to perform a clean installation of Mojave? Or is there a safe downgrade path?
Would you know if this is something that could be fixed by new versions of WEG?
Would OpenCore help?

@CaseySJ Regarding no onboard HDMI on Catalina...

Do I need to perform a clean installation of Mojave? Or is there a safe downgrade path?
Would you know if this is something that could be fixed by new versions of WEG?
Would OpenCore help?

It is now working again, check THIS post.

Hi, I have done the installation of mac os 10.15.6 perfectly, but I have a problem with the colors of the monitor that are tending to yellow and in general are very saturated,can someone help me ?

-My video card is a RX 580 and is connected via HDMI to the monitor, the model of the monitor is XB272, I tried to also connect to other monitors, also via DP, but have the same problem....
Hello @fox4133,

In macOS there are no individual settings available to manually adjust color settings for your graphic card or monitor. Instead, macOS uses a color management engine and ICC Display Profiles to deliver accurate colors.

The colors displayed on your monitor are the combined result of (a) your monitor's color settings and (b) the display settings in macOS. So there are two places to look for settings to improve the colors on your display:

1. The display's color profile settings in macOS.
  • In System Preferences > Displays, see the tab labeled "Night Shift".
    Do this FIRST! Make sure Night Shift is disabled. When enabled this will certainly make everything look very yellow.
  • In System Preferences > Displays, see the tab labeled "Colour".
    See which Display profile is selected.
    • Some manufacturers provide ICC Display Profiles for their monitors. If you got one with your monitor, install it on your macOS machine and select it in the Colour tab.
    • I found a review of the XB272 here, where they calibrated the monitor and provide a download link to the calibrated ICC profile they created. Download and copy it to the (User Home)/Library/ColorSync/Profiles folder, then select it in the Colour tab. I'm not sure if it will create correct colors on a mac installation though.
    • Else, you can try selecting the available generic profiles to see if that improves color temperature and saturation.
  • If you have a display calibration device or know someone who owns one (e.g. X-rite or Spyder), I highly recommend doing a monitor calibration to get the most accurate colors for your display.
  • Regardless of which display profile above is selected, if you still feel color temperature is too warm (yellow) you can click on the button "Calibrate". The button is located to the right of available display profiles on the Colour tab.
    • One of the steps allows you to set a target white point.
    • Uncheck "use native white point" if necessary, then move the slider to the right until your colors are less yellow and more neutral.
2. In the menu of your Acer Predator XB272 display.
I'm not familiar with your monitor, so check your manual. In general, settings to look for are:
  • Color Temperature / White Point
  • Color Space / Color Gamut / RGB Mode
  • Saturation

Just as a reassurance, there's nothing wrong with your installation. I have a RX590 card using a BenQ SW271 monitor that has very saturated colors on a default macOS installation as well. Selecting the correct Display profile (I calibrated my monitor and created my own ICC profile) ensures colors are accurate and balanced.

Hope that gets you on your way to better colors.

Hello @CaseySJ
In OC 0.6 Pre-release change log's page I can see "OcDevicePathLib: Added a workaround for PCI0 with 0x1 _UID"
Do you know what are the benefits for us?

View attachment 481765
The comment in the code states that the workaround for PCI0 is for older boards.

I am trying to perform a fresh install. I am stuck at this message on the verbose output.

"Stuck at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3"

Designare z390
RX580 Sapphire Pulse 8gb

I had this rig working a few days ago, and it had been for months, but I was wanting to perform a clean install.

Hi, I have done the installation of mac os 10.15.6 perfectly, but I have a problem with the colors of the monitor that are tending to yellow and in general are very saturated,can someone help me ?

-My video card is a RX 580 and is connected via HDMI to the monitor, the model of the monitor is XB272, I tried to also connect to other monitors, also via DP, but have the same problem....
Just be sure that you monitor isn’t recognized as YPbPr display instead of RGB: https://www.rmehdee.com/blogs/life-...ra-fix-picture-quality-of-an-external-monitor

I am trying to perform a fresh install. I am stuck at this message on the verbose output.

"Stuck at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3"

Designare z390
RX580 Sapphire Pulse 8gb

I had this rig working a few days ago, and it had been for months, but I was wanting to perform a clean install.
Some questions and recommendations:
  • Are you installing Mojave or Catalina?
  • BIOS F9g is recommended now because it includes an explicit CFG-Lock option that also happens to be defaulted to Unlocked. This allows us to enable native NVRAM quite easily.
    • If installing Mojave, the instructions for enabling native NVRAM are located here.
    • If installing Catalina, the Catalina 10.15.4+ Mini-Guide includes instructions for native NVRAM.
  • Regarding gIOScreenLockState:
    • Which version of Lilu and WhateverGreen are you using?
    • Are you using HDMI or DisplayPort?
    • Have you tried enabling CSM Support in BIOS?

You don't find my SSD M.2 Temperature is very high? sometimes it stays at 65°C for hours
the SSD is in M2M with 5700 XT just above
that is nor dangerous?
Capture d’écran 2020-07-26 à 22.52.02.png

Back