Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Provide the ability to change Bus ID.
Easy
Provide the ability to change the root port. However, changing root port is not always so easy.
  • On Z390 and Z490 (and maybe Z370) the process is easy because PCIe slots are mapped to PEG1, RP21, RP23, etc.
Easy too now I know how it works
Even on these boards, global search-and-replace will only work if the target PCIe slot contains a default device named:
  • PEGP under PEG1
  • PXSX under RPxx
I’m not using search and replace method so I have more possibilities
On X99 and X299, the mapping is very different from board to board. They use SL1A, BR01, and other gobbledygook (yup, that's in the dictionary).
as you know I know nothing about all theses things
If you explain me with details and examples I can implant them to HackinDROM
Ideally, we would read the default DSDT and check it automatically for the presence of PCI0, PEGx, RPxx, PEGP, and PXSX. If we don't find these three items, then we would ask the user to manually modify their SSDT.
maybe we can add a mini guide for this in HackinDROM before generating SSDT so users can make their choice before

Last edited:
Please see the micro-guide below that is also available thru the Quick Reference spoiler in Post #1:
Let us know if you still have trouble installing the new AppleIntelBluetooth kext. This is an exciting driver that many of us are eagerly awaiting (hopefully it will support Handoff).
I did the guide and when I restarted, I passed what I told you .... I already did it a long time ago with another version but it gave me problems with airpods...
I wanted to try this new version,maybe fix my airpods problems but the system dont recognize bluetooth...

Yes. I was struggling with an issue where Native Instruments plugins I legitimately own would need to be authorized every time I rebooted. After a long time of searching around online, I finally discovered that they were relying on the CPU's speed to do some kind of calculation for some reason, which isn't usually filled out by people in Clover.

I went in to Clover -> CPU -> and set my Frequency MHz to a value of '3700' (for 3.7ghz), rebooted, and reauthorized the software and the problem has finally went away. Seems kind of an odd parameter to use. I've talked to Waves who and a few other companies who have told me they use the ethernet hardware ID's. Native Instruments is the only one I've ever had a problem with. I was glad to have finally found a fix, and it was cool of them to actually give one/support the Hackintosh community.

Hi @jleahy2. I've run into this issue. I've tried setting my CPU speed in Clover in the EFI/OC/config.plist. I'm running a 10700k and I've tried 3800 (my actual speed) and 3700 as you have and I'm still getting a crash when I boot native access. Have you got this running on 10.15.6? Any advice would be really appreciated.

@CaseySJ Recently made the swap over to OpenCore 0.5.9 on my main drive, but since I jumped over I've found that on both 10.15.5 & 10.15.6 after a bit of time I will get a flag that both "News" and "Stocks" have stopped working and find that they are frozen and have to be force quit it happens every 10-15 mins even if both apps weren't open, has anyone else ran into this issue? I tried searching the thread but didn't see any comments on it.

Also get a flag for "com.apple.hiservices-xpcs" non-responsive at the same time that the others appear.

@CaseySJ Recently made the swap over to OpenCore 0.5.9 on my main drive, but since I jumped over I've found that on both 10.15.5 & 10.15.6 after a bit of time I will get a flag that both "News" and "Stocks" have stopped working and find that they are frozen and have to be force quit it happens every 10-15 mins even if both apps weren't open, has anyone else ran into this issue? I tried searching the thread but didn't see any comments on it.

Also get a flag for "com.apple.hiservices-xpcs" non-responsive at the same time that the others appear.
I haven't encountered this, but there are a handful of reports about this on Apple's support forum. No clear answer or solution. Some folks tried logging in as another user (you can create a new user account from System Preferences --> Users & Groups) and found that the problem does not occur.

Also try logging out of iCloud. Does the service remain stable?

I did the guide and when I restarted, I passed what I told you .... I already did it a long time ago with another version but it gave me problems with airpods...
I wanted to try this new version,maybe fix my airpods problems but the system dont recognize bluetooth...
If you have double-checked your steps and confirmed the USB port settings with IORegistryExplorer, then it may be good to view the video linked in this post:

Did you have previous drivers already installed or are you installing them for the first time now? I just replaced the older drivers and after a reboot things seem to be working just fine. I don't have many devices to test with but everything I had working previously still works (wireless headphones, iPhone, PS4 controller).

Hi @jleahy2. I've run into this issue. I've tried setting my CPU speed in Clover in the EFI/OC/config.plist. I'm running a 10700k and I've tried 3800 (my actual speed) and 3700 as you have and I'm still getting a crash when I boot native access. Have you got this running on 10.15.6? Any advice would be really appreciated.
My issue wasn't that it didn't work, mine was that Native Instruments wouldn't retain authorization after a reboot. That issue was solved by making that modification in Clover.

I'm on 10.14.6 now, as I feel it offered better performance for me personally. However, when I first installed/set this system up, I was on 10.15.x, and I didn't have any issues with NI software. : / I never tried 10.15.6, as I reverted to Mojave. Wish I could offer more advice, but I think I'll be sticking on 10.14.x for a long while.

Hello guys,
What I suggest for HackinDROM:
-remove the possibility to change Thunderbolt BUS ID for on-board controllers
-for AIC ask what is user Motherboard (Z390, Z490, Z370, X99, X299 etc.), depending their choice pic root path selector with appropriating the Mobo will be presented. (I need more informations about theses things, a SSDT example for each mobo so I can analyse them)

Ideally, we would read the default DSDT and check it automatically for the presence of PCI0, PEGx, RPxx, PEGP, and PXSX. If we don't find these three items, then we would ask the user to manually modify their SSDT.
Why not, but I need to understand how PEGx RP and all that works before start coding.

If you have double-checked your steps and confirmed the USB port settings with IORegistryExplorer, then it may be good to view the video linked in this post:
ok i check it thx

Did you have previous drivers already installed or are you installing them for the first time now? I just replaced the older drivers and after a reboot things seem to be working just fine. I don't have many devices to test with but everything I had working previously still works (wireless headphones, iPhone, PS4 controller).

As they do not work well, I deleted them and restarted bluetooth disappeared and now when I reinstall the .kext the drivers are still missing.

Back