Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello
Please don't mix your own hex with HackinDROM generated.
Use only HackinDROM or only the Manual Method or ThunderboltUtil if you can use it.
Theres 2 checksum to do when you modify hex in Thunderbolt DROM. CRC8 with Xor output 0xdb and CRC32c.
If you change Vendor and Device name you have to calculate byte length 3 times. 1st for Vendor Name 2nd for Device name and finally the byte length for the entire DROM.
Please upload your .aml file, also a screenshot of your ACPI folder.
Thanks for the quick response!

It seems like I brought this issue upon myself by modifying things I didn't fully understand. Good to know that the byte length changes depending on how the file is configured. Still, I've attached a screenshot of my ACPI folder along with my .aml.

I feel silly for having potentially created a problem where there was none in the first place and I hope this isn't wasting too much of your time.
Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 7.23.55 AM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-TBOLT3-RP21-GC-TITAN-RIDGE-APPLE-DROM [HackinDROM].aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

It's seems like I brought this issue upon myself by modifying things I didn't fully understand. Good to know that the byte length changes depending on how the file is configured. Still, I've attached a screenshot of my ACPI folder along with my .aml.
View attachment 480859
Have you changed the .aml file name in OC config.plist too?

I feel silly for having potentially created a problem where there was none in the first place and I hope this isn't wasting too much of your time.
No problem Sir!

It seems like I brought this issue upon myself by modifying things I didn't fully understand. Good to know that the byte length changes depending on how the file is configured. Still, I've attached a screenshot of my ACPI folder along with my .aml.

View attachment 480859

Check if these names match
Capture d’écran 2020-07-18 à 13.41.14.png
Capture d’écran 2020-07-18 à 13.43.20.png
`

Yes sir!

I seem to be okay on that front.
View attachment 480864

On a side note, may I ask why you don't have SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml? Is it because you're only using the onboard Thunderbolt controller and no AIC?
Have you assigned Thunderbolt Bus ID to each of your Thunderbolt controllers? on-board TB controller should be 0.

Last edited:
Please delete the .dsl file from ACPI folder.
Done.

Have you assigned Thunderbolt Bus ID to each of your Thunderbolt controllers?
Using your updated tool, I assigned the Titan Ridge AIC V1 to Bus 2. I'm not positive what the onboard one is using, however.

I should also note that only my AIC controller has a flashed firmware on it. The Designare controller is still stock/unmodified.

Done.

Using your updated tool, I assigned the Titan Ridge AIC V1 to Bus 2. I'm not positive what the onboard one is using, however.

I should also note that only my AIC controller has a flashed firmware on it. The Designare controller is still stock/unmodified.
Please with HackinDROM Generate a fresh new SSDT for your PCIe TB controller, change the bus id (to 2 for example). replace the new .aml with the old one.

@roastable After analyzing multiple generated SSDT for your device I can confirm there's no problem with the generator.
If after replacing your fresh new SSDT with the old one the problem is still there so the issue is not coming from the generator. maybe @CaseySJ knows the answer.

Last edited:
Please with HackinDROM Generate a fresh new SSDT for your PCIe TB controller, change the bus id (to 2 for example). replace the new .aml with the old one.
Fresh SSDT with bus id 2 has been placed into ./ACPI/.

System Information doesn't show Bus 2, however. I also added the IOReg info in case that might be of help.
Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 8.19.43 AM.png

@roastable After analyzing multiple generated SSDT for your device I can confirm there's no problem with the generator.
If after replacing your fresh new SSDT with the old one the problem is still there so the issue is not coming from the generator. maybe @CaseySJ knows the answer.
For the crash reported in post 23765 I'll keep an eye out for it again. I unfortunately don't know how to reproduce it.

EDIT: If I have two Thunderbolt controllers, should they be using RP05 and RP21 separately?

Back