Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ Thanks for your quick response! Attached is the screen shot for clover 5.14.10
Is the “drivers64UEFI” folder still present? If so please delete that folder completely and see if you can use the USB flash disk to boot Mojave.

Hello @hamzab, I would not bother hacking that .plist file.

You may have overlooked it, but the potential fix you found states it does NOT work with Catalina. For Catalina it refers to setting TcpKeepAlive to 0, but you've already tried that.

If it's any consolidation ... I'm experiencing the same wake from sleep issue with Wifi.ScanOffload reason as you, and I have exhausted the List of Sleep Aids to no avail. After a while, I've learned to live with it.

The only two options I haven't tried yet are the Micro-Guide: True One-Key Wake from Sleep Without Changing DarkWake, and the Micro-Guide: Disable Wake from USB (Wake only with Power Button).

Hope this brings you closer to a solution ... or acceptance

Quick update from me @CaseySJ and @iRamon - it appears turning off Find My Mac solves this issue. I get no more wakes whatsoever in the night. I therefore am going to turn it off as it's less headache for something that I don't really need. My data is backed up to the cloud, so God Forbid if this machine is taken, all I'm losing is the monetary value of the parts.

However, @CaseySJ as I'm turning off Find My Mac, can I use File Vault safely to encrypt the contents of my Hard Drive, and furthermore, can I also enable SIP, or does it need to be disabled for the Hack to run properly?

Thanks!

Hello everyone is been a long time since I asked a question, short review of this amazing building thanks to @CaseySJ, everything is working juts good, no problems at all, but, I have a question about updating my 10.15.3 to the lattes, any subjection there? I'm using FCPX and now I need to update to the 10.15.5 to get the lattes update.
Thanks for your help.
LuisQ
Hello again @qmediaservices,

Updating from 10.15.3 to either 10.15.4 or 10.15.5 is more complicated than most updates. We recommend (a) enabling native NVRAM and (b) using a new EFI folder, but copying-and-pasting existing Serial Number, Board Serial Number, and System UUID into the new config.plist.

Sound scary?

It's not so bad. Please see the post below and ask for help should you require it.

I decided to add Thunderbolt 3 to my build
Bought Titan Ridge ver 2.0

read enough of this to get into trouble
which firmware, ssdt and patches should I use for most functionality from thunderbolt
OpenCore 0.6.0 and Catalina
Good choice. Please have a look at these posts first and if you still have questions, please ask:
  1. Firmware is located in the Repository (NVM 50 seems best one for this card).
  2. SSDTs are located in the Thunderbolt DROM Micro-Guide for this card.
No "patches" are needed. Only (a) firmware and (b) SSDT.

@CaseySJ On the Consolidated List of Sleep Aids it says "Wake for Network Access works properly. Specifically, WiFi speed is no longer severely degraded after wake-from-sleep."

Does that mean that we can enable wake-on-lan without issues with wifi? How can I enable it?
I believe the jury is still out on that, unfortunately. Some of my tests showed that WiFi speed was normal after wake-from-sleep (with "Wake for Network Access" enabled), but other tests later on showed degraded WiFi speeds. So buyer beware...

Wake-on-LAN is handled by "Wake for Network Access" in System Preferences --> Energy Saver.

@CaseySJ ,
Hi,
Gigabyte answered me.
For them it might be a SMBUS conflict.
So they advised me to tape the Pin of the PCI-E card, and to uncover only B5-B6.

Anything to modify in BIOS to prevent doing this ?
So that must be a Firmware problem right ?

Thank you
Unfortunately this is not a firmware issue. Looks like Gigabyte is helping you troubleshoot the problem. Please continue to work with them. Hopefully they will be able to identify the source of the problem.

Quick update from me @CaseySJ and @iRamon - it appears turning off Find My Mac solves this issue. I get no more wakes whatsoever in the night. I therefore am going to turn it off as it's less headache for something that I don't really need. My data is backed up to the cloud, so God Forbid if this machine is taken, all I'm losing is the monetary value of the parts.
Good to know! I'll add that to the Sleep Aid.
However, @CaseySJ as I'm turning off Find My Mac, can I use File Vault safely to encrypt the contents of my Hard Drive, and furthermore, can I also enable SIP, or does it need to be disabled for the Hack to run properly?
SIP can certainly be enabled.

File Vault can also be enabled, but I have no experience with it. So if you succeed in enabling File Vault, please let us know how you did it...

Good to know! I'll add that to the Sleep Aid.

SIP can certainly be enabled.

File Vault can also be enabled, but I have no experience with it. So if you succeed in enabling File Vault, please let us know how you did it...

Thanks. Going to enable file vault on this test rig now as the last new feature and begin to regression test.

If that passes, I’ll then proceed to install as new and turn off find my Mac (without any changes to darkwake or TCPkeepAlive) to see how it fares.

I believe the jury is still out on that, unfortunately. Some of my tests showed that WiFi speed was normal after wake-from-sleep (with "Wake for Network Access" enabled), but other tests later on showed degraded WiFi speeds. So buyer beware...

Wake-on-LAN is handled by "Wake for Network Access" in System Preferences --> Energy Saver.
I'll try it. Thanks

Back