Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@phrfpeixoto , @CaseySJ ,

Hello guys thank you for answering.
I have to admit I'm desperate !!!
Just received my brand new Fenvi-T919.

It does not work neither.
The computer runs perfectly fine without it, on Windows and on Mac (No Bluetooth on Mac- and Ethernet Wired).
It just runs the POST test perfectly only once without it. Then never runs it again.

So this morning I tried plugging my brand new Fenvi-T-919, shopped from Amazon- Delivered from Fenvi Source.
The computer does not pass the POST test on it.
However if I plug in, after the Post Test has been done on the rest of the PC (fenvi Unplugged) the card will work (WIFI and BT works well). But, it will only work for 1 single boot. Which means when I shutdown the computer, it will try to run post test and not work, boot Looping.
I tried Clearing CMOS, which did not solve the problem.
I tried plugging into the PCI-Ex1 Slot which did not solve the problem.

Here are some Videos to help you understand the problem.

What can I do, I'm Desperate, and really rely on you help and your hands. :(
What can I test more ?

Thank you

You clearly have a situation where multiple variables can interfere. I think that as @CaseySJ mentioned, you should go through an exhaustive elimination process:

Take the software out of the equation: Unplug your HDD/SSD, cut power (entirely) from the system, let it rest for a few seconds, Then remove all the non-essential hardware and load optimized bios defaults. Make sure the system posts and complains no OS is found.

Add-in your new Fenvi card. If it posts you can start to put your system together again, piece by piece, making sure the system continues to post consistently after each step. If all goes well, try setting up your BIOS settings back to the recommended for macOS, still making sure the system posts consistently. Finally, try to boot the OS.

If the issue shows up right away when adding the Fenvi:
- Try different slots on the motherboard.
- Try a different PSU.

I wouldn't bother replacing/testing your processor/RAM because those rarely go bad (unless you have a really crappy PSU). At this point, if the issue is still there, most likely you have a faulty Motherboard - Try testing your hardware on a different one (test under windows, on ANY motherboard that support it). Make sure each component work separately

If the issue happens during the system rebuilding after the Fenvi card had been validated, then you have to backtrack: What change did you do last when the issue started happening? Undo that and try variations (IE: If you changed multiple BIOS settings, backtrack and try the changes one by one) until you find the offending change.

Last edited:
*** OcQuirks / FwRuntimeServices Experiment: Conclusion ***

As a follow-up to the original post describing this experiment, I'm happy to say that TEST 4 works on my system even from the NVMe SSD. This is so far the only combination of parameters that works universally across USB, SATA, Thunderbolt, and NVMe PCIe (on my system).

We may finally have a viable alternative to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. But let's wait for additional user feedback.

Attached ZIP contains both:
  • OcQuirks-4.efi
  • FwRuntimeServes.efi
To install this on your system -- for Clover v5xxx only:
  • If you're running Clover 4xxx, please see this mini-guide for instructions to upgrade to Clover 5xxx.
  • Mount EFI partition of macOS SSD.
  • Move or delete existing memory fix driver from CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder.
  • Copy the two new files into the CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder.
  • Ensure that EmuVariableUefi.efi is present in that folder.
  • Ensure that slide=0 is present in config.plist --> Boot Arguments.
Please ensure you have another working EFI folder to boot from in case these drivers do not work.
THX MAN YOU SAVED MY LIFE.

Hi,
I followed your very good and well explained instructions and was able to install Mojave on Z390 designare with i9 .
I have a Fenvi Bluetooth/Wifi card. Wifi and bluetooth work but the Magic Mouse 2 is not recognised.
it sees my iPhone and other Bluetooth devices.

This is the card I have:
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07T9JD93Y/?tag=tonymacx8607-21

Any idea?

You clearly have a situation where multiple variables can interfere. I think that as @CaseySJ mentioned, you should go through an exhaustive elimination process:

Take the software out of the equation: Unplug your HDD/SSD, cut power (entirely) from the system, let it rest for a few seconds, Then remove all the non-essential hardware and load optimized bios defaults. Make sure the system posts and complains no OS is found.

Add-in your new Fenvi card. If it posts you can start to put your system together again, piece by piece, making sure the system continues to post consistently after each step. If all goes well, try setting up your BIOS settings back to the recommended for macOS, still making sure the system posts consistently. Finally, try to boot the OS.

If the issue shows up right away when adding the Fenvi:
- Try different slots on the motherboard.
- Try a different PSU.

I wouldn't bother replacing/testing your processor/RAM because those rarely go bad (unless you have a really crappy PSU). At this point, if the issue is still there, most likely you have a faulty Motherboard - Try testing your hardware on a different one (test under windows, on ANY motherboard that support it). Make sure each component work separately

If the issue happens during the system rebuilding after the Fenvi card had been validated, then you have to backtrack: What change did you do last when the issue started happening? Undo that and try variations (IE: If you changed multiple BIOS settings, backtrack and try the changes one by one) until you find the offending change.

@CaseySJ , @phrfpeixoto ,
It seems like a LOT of customers having trouble with This Fenvi T919 and Gigabyte Motherboards.
If you google it, you see there are just many problem with this WIFI card.
Moreover, I have to make you remember that I built the exact same Hardware on my friend's computer. So Problem on PSU, motherboard, or Ram seems unlikely possible.
I have to add, that I bought a brand new Fenvi-T919 card thinking mine was corrupted. This did not solved the problem.
I removed every part of the computer. (Graphic Card), setup to only one RAM, switched up everything.
The problem only happens when this WIFI-card is connected.
I Tried every PCIE slot and every PCIx16 slot, did not work.

So
https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B07VCCZS54
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...07VCCZS54#R122CX26G3KG78&tag=tonymacx86com-20

Those are just some comments out of there with several people having the same problem.

Some are talking about "Toggling ERP and the dummy power load", some others are talking about "reconfigure my internal usb extension mapping and the pcie slots.".
Some just advice going to the Fenvi HB1200/1200M, which works better.

You should stop advising for now using this Fenvi-t919 with this motherboard until a fix is found.
What would you advice me to do/change in BIOS settings ?

Thank you for your help

Last edited:
Hi,
I followed your very good and well explained instructions and was able to install Mojave on Z390 designare with i9 .
I have a Fenvi Bluetooth/Wifi card. Wifi and bluetooth work but the Magic Mouse 2 is not recognised.
it sees my iPhone and other Bluetooth devices.

This is the card I have:
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07T9JD93Y/?tag=tonymacx8607-21

Any idea?
Hello @hyevans

Because I do not own the Magic Mouse 2, I can only speculate about the cause. Maybe this device needs to be paired by first connecting the lightning-to-USB cable?

My original Magic Mouse 1 works perfectly.

If anyone with a Magic Mouse 2 can provide troubleshooting advice, it would be appreciated.

If anyone with a Magic Mouse 2 can provide troubleshooting advice, it would be appreciated.
Magic mouses are susceptible to interference from 2.4GHz Wifi, switching wireless to 5GHz is often enough to solve the problem.

@CaseySJ , @phrfpeixoto ,
It seems like a LOT of customers having trouble with This Fenvi T919 and Gigabyte Motherboards.
If you google it, you see there are just many problem with this WIFI card.
Moreover, I have to make you remember my friend which has the exact same setup than I have, Is also having the same problem. So Problem on PSU, motherboard, or Ram seems unlikely possible.
I have to add, that I bought a brand new Fenvi-T919 card thinking mine was corrupted. This did not solved the problem.
I removed every part of the computer. (Graphic Card), setup to only one RAM, switched up everything.
The problem only happens when this WIFI-card is connected.

So
https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B07VCCZS54
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...07VCCZS54#R122CX26G3KG78&tag=tonymacx86com-20

Those are just some comments out of there with several people having the same problem.

Some are talking about "Toggling ERP and the dummy power load", some others are talking about "reconfigure my internal usb extension mapping and the pcie slots.".
Some just advice going to the Fenvi HB1200/1200M, which works better.

You should stop advising for now using this Fenvi-t919 with this motherboard until a fix is found.
What would you advice me to do/change in BIOS settings ?

Thank you for your help
Hello @Bobby22

I understand your concern, but nearly every product has problems. If you look at Amazon reviews for almost anything, you will find some complaints.

I have 6 of the Fenvi FV-T919s and not a single one of them has ever caused any problem. So my track record with the Fenvi is a perfect 6 for 6 on the following boards:
  • Gigabyte Designare Z390 #1
  • Gigabyte Designare Z390 #2
  • Gigabyte Z490 Vision D #3
  • Asus X99 Deluxe II #4
  • ASRock Creator #5
  • ASRock Taichi #6
How can I tell people not to buy this card?

We should, however, make sure that the product is sold by Fenvi because there can be some counterfeit cards. Here's what I mean:

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 1.32.20 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 1.32.50 PM.png

In your case I would suggest:
  • Returning the Fenvi
  • Trying a different brand -- just search your favorite online retailer for either BCM94360CS or BCM94360CD

Hi @Bobby22,
I personnally have four of the FV-T919 cards on my Gigabyte Hackintosh machines which none of them induced any issues. All my Apple peripherals including Magic TrackPad 2, Mouse 2, Keyboard 2 work perfectly. And ,if I were to build a new hackintosh today, the T919 card will still be my first pick. Having said that, "very recently" I did see couple of thread about posting failures when the T919 is attached to Z390 Designare. My question is, have you tried it on other motherboard and see if it works?

I have had zero issues with my FV-T919 from day one.

@Bobby22

My T919 is also working perfectly with an Apple Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Keyboard. I had a slight issue with Handoff, but after unscrewing and screwing back in all 4 Antennas, it works perfectly, so maybe try doing that

Back