Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ Hi Casey I need your help please, my Hackintosh build got past the second OS install and reboots. (took multiple reboots for finish) Kept showing a weird screen with colors and patterns. Finally, it just happened to go through and work.
(previous error screen during install)

(worked initially)

Then once in the Mojave os I was able to run multibeast just like your instructions, but after I was done I couldn't locate the library/extensions folder in finder to finish the final steps in post-installation. I was clicking around trying to find the Mojave disk and then all of sudden it froze. I restarted but when it boots up it shows a circle with a cross where the apple logo should be and doesn't do anything.

How can I fix this @CaseySJ ? Do i need to redo everything from the start? or is there any easier way to fix it? Thank you!

plugged key board and usb stick in the back

im trying to install mojave 10.14.6
on gigabyte F8 bios designare mb with i9-9900k
AMD sapphire pulse RX580 8gb graphics card
860 samsung evo 1tb m2 (two partitions , 1 for mojave and 1 for windows (exfat)
64 gb ddr4 ram
Hello @ryanatmstr

The first screenshot indicates a problem with the UEFI memory driver. Because you're installing Mojave, we use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi for the initial installation and later we replace that with something called OcQuirks/FwRuntimeServices. But don't worry about that right now.

Instead, insert the USB Install Disk into the system and reboot. When the Gigabyte BIOS Splash Screen appears, press F12 to open the BIOS Boot Menu (not the Clover Boot Menu). Select the USB flash disk.

Now Clover Boot Menu will appear. Select the internal Mojave SSD and see if it boots up.

At the Clover Boot Menu you may also:
  • Press spacebar to reveal a set of quick-access parameters
  • Use arrow keys to select Verbose and press spacebar to toggle it on
  • Press Esc key to return to main Clover Boot Menu and select the internal Mojave SSD
  • Now you will see detailed boot logs

Let's check some things:
  • First, the pins:
    • Because Asus TB-EX3 is detached from motherboard and has no power source, we need to connect Pin 1 (3.3V power).
    • When three read attempts all produce difference checksums, we should not attempt to write to the chip!! Only when three consecutive read attempts are successful we know that all required pins are okay, power is okay, chip is in good state. Then we can reprogram the chip.
Are you able to read the chip successfully with all required pins connected?

Are you referring to pin 1 on RPi or Winbond side? I got pin 1(3.3v) on RPi going to pin 8 of wb. After the flash attempt reading the bin files using the strings command brings back nothing, whereas before they were not empty, different checksums but at least not empty. I will do the wiring from the beginning and try again.

Thanks @CaseySJ for your help
attached is screen shot of doing the boot from Mojave SSD
View attachment 480190
Please connect the USB install disk to your Mac, mount its EFI partition, and post a screenshot of:
  • CLOVER/drivers64UEFI if using Clover 4xxx
  • CLOVER/drivers/UEFI if using Clover 5xxx

Are you referring to pin 1 on RPi or Winbond side? I got pin 1(3.3v) on RPi going to pin 8 of wb. After the flash attempt reading the bin files using the strings command brings back nothing, whereas before they were not empty, different checksums but at least not empty. I will do the wiring from the beginning and try again.
Correct — pin 8 on the Winbond chip.

Edit: Pin 1 on Pi to Pin 8 on Winbond.

Last edited:
Correct — pin 1 on the Winbond chip.

Sorry, just to clarify so I don't fry the chip. Do I connect the 3.3v pin from RPi to pin 1 of Winbond, together with pin 24(CE0)? Pin 1 already goes to pin 8(VCC on wb).

Sorry, just to clarify so I don't fry the chip. Do I connect the 3.3v pin from RPi to pin 1 of Winbond, together with pin 24(CE0)? Pin 1 already goes to pin 8(VCC on wb).
On the Winbond chip, Pin 4 is ground and Pin 8 is Vcc. Pin 1 is chip-select.

So I should correct myself: Pin 8 on Winbond should be connected to Vcc on the Raspberry Pi (any of the 3.3V power pins on Raspberry Pi).

Any recommended alternatives to the aptio fix or can it just be removed once apple features are all up and running. Am in fear of bricking things

Sure, try darkwake=0. I think you've already enabled all the usual suspects listed in the Sleep Aid.

Hi @CaseySJ,

I've got an update. With Darkwake=0 set as a boot argument within Clover, and with WiFi on, the Hackintosh wakes a lot less frequently at around every 3 to 4 hours (before, without Darkwake = 0, it was exactly every hour). However, as my logs show, instead of it being a Darkwake from Normal Sleep, it is now a Wake from Normal sleep. The reason is the same, they both had the reason as /Network using AC. So from my understanding, with Darkwake=0, the PC actually fully wakes up now due to the same /Network reason code, rather than a Darkwake.

However, where it gets interesting is the entry directly below the Wake either says 2020-07-13 07:29:32 +0100 WakeDetails DriverReason:PXSX - DriverDetails: DriverReason:WiFi.ScanOffload when Darkwake=0 IS active, OR, DriverReason:WiFi.ScanOffload-Previous authentication no longer valid when Darkwake=0 WASN'T active. From Googling around, I can't really figure out what these both are. Any ideas?

I've uploaded my log file below (please note that the Darkwake=0 change went in from midnight on 13th July, and I left the PC sleeping all night). Do you mind taking a look at the log? And should I be trying the remaining fixes from the Sleep Aid, such as the TCPKeepAlive=0, as when using sudo pmset -g log | grep Maintenance, I can see a few references to mDNS responder, and TCPkeepalive (I've attached the log output for the above Maintenance command too)

Thank you!

Attachments

• Hackintosh Sleep Log For Casey 13-07-20.txt.zip
    77.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Maintenance Wake Log for Casey 13-07-20.zip
    2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Any recommended alternatives to the aptio fix or can it just be removed once apple features are all up and running. Am in fear of bricking things
Please see this link in the Contents spoiler of Post #1:
Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 6.15.44 AM.png

** REMINDER **
macOS 11.0 Big Sur has been released to developers that are paid members of Apple's Developer program. We know it is tempting to talk about it here, but discussion of Developer Betas is not permitted.

Please see Rules regarding (a) public beta (green box) and (b) developer beta (red box).
  • Discussion of Public Beta software is allowed, and a public beta of Big Sur is expected later this month.
  • Discussion of Developer Beta software is not allowed as it is subject to NDA. Already we have seen violations where certain YouTube channels and other publications have published benchmarks, which are expressly forbidden under the terms of the Developer Transition Kit.

RULES:

Rules - Developer and Public Beta.png

Back