[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

ok
I'm not running studio - just the free version

deleted the render cache
turned off background render
my export settings look like this:

View attachment 477603

render completed in 24 secs this time!
I'm not a video guy, but I wanted to run the same test. Can you tell me what application DR Studio is?

Because Windows does not recognize the Thunderbolt controller and the UID is 0x00000000 it could mean a couple of things:
  • One of the surface mount devices near the Winbond chip got damaged or removed.
  • The Winbond chip itself is damaged.
Some suggestions:
  • Carefully try to connect the CH341A to W25Q80DV chip and just read the firmware. Raspberry Pi is the preferred tool because it provides more useful information during read and write. Anyway, carefully try to read the firmware. Follow the Supplemental Procedure.
  • If you cannot read the chip, then some options are:
    • Take motherboard to a local PC repair shop and ask them to try and read the chip.
    • If the chip is damaged, PC repair shop could replace the chip and program it for you.
    • If the cost of this is higher than the cost of a new motherboard, then you have these options:
      • Option 1: Buy an add-in Thunderbolt card such as GC-Alpine Ridge or GC-Titan Ridge. Your motherboard's on-board controller will not work, but a PCIe card can be added.
      • Option 2: Replace the motherboard.
409714-c38c5005aebedc9f1e3b3741bec0a6c3.jpg.png

okay i think that's it a picture the white is the kane transmitter that went with the clipper omg
no it also does not work on mac tuhnderbold works with the 33 firmewares and the 50 firmwares
It is possible that the damage caused during original flashing (see photo) is not properly fixed.

When original Thunderbolt firmware is flashed backed, then Thunderbolt 3 devices should connect without any trouble in MacOS.

Connect a simple Thunderbolt device or a USB 3.x flash disk to the Thunderbolt ports in macOS. Do they work? After connecting the device, please run IORegistryExplorer and post screenshot of the RP05 section so we can see if the Thunderbolt or USB-C device is attaching.

i still have a gigabyte 170 z ultra gaming because thunderbold works, i can also use the frimware for the designer 390 because i have the same connections from the board

no the old board is gone i have a new one

@CaseySJ Hey, if we can't Hackintosh in 2030 then I'll shift my focus to building the biggest baddest VM of MacOS Little Dipper (or whatever it is in 2030) then.

Hopefully your timeline calms some nerves. Thanks for making that. Looking forward to learning how to spoof a CPU ID.

@CaseySJ Hey, if we can't Hackintosh in 2030 then I'll shift my focus to building the biggest baddest VM of MacOS Little Dipper (or whatever it is in 2030) then.

Hopefully your timeline calms some nerves. Thanks for making that. Looking forward to learning how to spoof a CPU ID.
The day before the keynote I asked how long Mojave users expect to stay on Mojave. It's possible some will choose to remain on a supported OS like Mojave well past the 'expiration' date.

So the transition to ARM does not render existing systems inoperable. These system can continue to run indefinitely (theoretically of course).

To: @bmoney @ralphonz @jleahy2 @kellymac12 @iamjoehan

cc: @boob @ssccrab

So, as evidenced by @boob et al, those settings don't make a difference - I'm still getting crashes. However, I got my USB C to USB 3.x adapters today, and the plot thickens. I've just had a USB crash in the middle of trying to do a CC clone. Normally that would take my external SSD offline and the clone would fail. Today, though, I connected the SSD through a USB 3.0 hub and then into one of the adapters and into the first TB/USB C port - that hasn't crashed, whereas all the other USB ports have. @CaseySJ can you throw any light on this? I was assuming that all USB 3.x traffic via the TB ports would be routed to the same chipset as the built-in ports, but that would imply that the USB C port should crash at the same time as the rest of the ports... Any thoughts welcome!

Cheers

@CaseySJ You wrote that the 2 system definition are not suitable for something like high sierra. I'm running as iMac 14,2 but I have 64gb ram installed now, way over the model limit. How could I deal with this?
If you're running High Sierra on the Designare Z390, it's okay to use any compatible system definition. I would suggest something like iMac18,3.

To: @bmoney @ralphonz @jleahy2 @kellymac12 @iamjoehan

cc: @boob @ssccrab

So, as evidenced by @boob et al, those settings don't make a difference - I'm still getting crashes. However, I got my USB C to USB 3.x adapters today, and the plot thickens. I've just had a USB crash in the middle of trying to do a CC clone. Normally that would take my external SSD offline and the clone would fail. Today, though, I connected the SSD through a USB 3.0 hub and then into one of the adapters and into the first TB/USB C port - that hasn't crashed, whereas all the other USB ports have. @CaseySJ can you throw any light on this? I was assuming that all USB 3.x traffic via the TB ports would be routed to the same chipset as the built-in ports, but that would imply that the USB C port should crash at the same time as the rest of the ports... Any thoughts welcome!

Cheers
USB 3 traffic on the Thunderbolt ports is controlled by the Titan Ridge chip.
USB 2 traffic on the Thunderbolt ports is controlled by the Chipset (Z390).

By using a USB 3 hub on a Thunderbolt port, you are bypassing the Z390 chipset.

Back