Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

same problem with the firmeware from the red box functonirt also not under osx only the fobs firme would but no functional under windows hase nor someone an original firm would be for the designer 390 please for help
Please ask a friend or co-worker to translate from your native language to English. I cannot understand your post.

the firmewäre runs under windows and under osx not the me they have longed in the foherigen poste what can I dothere there is a firm would run under windows ?

this the messeg not all thunderbold ports are functioning properly please contact pc manufacturer for firmware update ? can help ?this networking driver version unknow

this is the problem .jpg

I stand corrected then! Did you get headless mode working on OC or Clover? I'd try iMac19,1 on my machine if there's an easy way

UPDATE: Wait no I tested it just now: on iMac19,1 with iGPU enabled and headless mode, I get 38 seconds, tested it twice. Reran with iMacPro1,1 w/o iGPU and I get 34 seconds. This is strange....

Do you have Hackintool to conform if your hardware encoding is fully supported? I also ran and posted my HEVC result. Give it a go and see what kind of performance you get in Resolve.

Update on HEVC encoding with iGPU QuickSync
1min 10 seconds in Resolve 16
38 seconds in FCPX
I see, thanks for the test

Can you do a comparison between iMac 19,1 and iMacPro 1,1 with the same software since we are trying to figure out which SMBIOS configuration yields the fastest encoding result?

As for my result above, according to the monitor report, AME is fulling utilizing my RX 580 on both 19,1 and 1,1. This was the setting i had used.
Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 4.06.52 PM.png

HEVC encoding in FCPX (Again, note that I am using RX 580)
iMac 19,1 - 46 sec
iMacPro 1,1 - 49 sec

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 5.49.57 PM.png

Last edited:
I see, thanks for the test

Can you do a comparison between iMac 19,1 and iMacPro 1,1 with the same software since we are trying to figure out which SMBIOS configuration yields the fastest encoding result?

This has been a very interesting experiment. I changed my SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1 and here is what I am getting.

iMacPro1,1
H.264 - 32s in FCPX
HEVC - 50s in FCPX
H.264 - 35s in Davinci Resolve
HEVC - 48s in Davinci Resolve

Now what is baffling me is the result I got when I went back to iMac19,1 and emptied the render cache, reran the test.
iMac19,1
H.264 - 46 in FCPX
HEVC - 50s in FCPX
H.264 - 45s in Davinci Resolve
HEVC - 50s in Davinci Resolve

Somehow I was not able to reproduce the time I was getting this morning. My only guess is that somehow the morning run had background render on, or I must have set the frame rate wrong. Ran several times and this is pretty much the result I got. What is also puzzling is my H.264 took longer while HEVC shorter time to export than the last test I ran earlier this after. I have to see what kind of result hylkepylke will get with HEVC decoding, but seems like there is not a huge difference in HEVC, but in H.264, the result is not flopped.

** The end of Hackintosh as we know it **

Today's momentous announcement of the transition to Apple Silicon means that Macintosh will eventually become a completely closed and proprietary system.

But this won't happen right away. There is plenty of time. The chart below is one way of forecasting the future. It is not an official chart (obviously), but it does show three inevitable phases for Hackintosh, in green, orange, and red.

End of Hackintosh v2.png

Last edited:
M2 drives, PCI lanes and SATA ports.

Hi there. So, I am planning a dual boot Hack along the lines of this build and had a question about M2 drives. I've been delving through the gigabyte forums but everyone seems to have a different opinion. If I run Win in the top M2 and OSX in the bottom (both PCI SSD's) I lose SATA ports 0, 4 and 5. This I can handle. With PCIx4 set to PCH the GPU still has the full 16 lanes but I'm trying to figure out what I have left for PCI cards. Is it just 4 lanes shared across the x8, x4, two x1's and the M2's. As the M2's are each different OS they'll only be running one at a time so not so much of a bandwidth issue but I wonder if there are still knock ons to do with addressing.

Basically I need to be confident that I can get away with 2x PCI M2's, Fenvi wifi, MOTU PCIe424 (connected to 2 x 24IO boards), Genenric Firewire 400/800 card connected to Fireface 400. They're all x1 cards and the MOTU won't be running at the same time as the fireface. If the TB3 > 2 > 1 conversion works I can scrap the generic firewire card. Don't want to bank on that though. In terms of what will be operational at any given time I think 3 lanes to the active M2 would allow full speed operation but that leaves 1 lane shared across audio, FW and wifi/bluetooth. Having written all this down it doesn't seem like a lot, I've crammed a lot more into a board before but NVME is new to me and I don't want to shoot myself in the foot before I begin.

Many thanks,

Jim

Last edited:
Back