Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

If you're using HWMonitorSMC2, please expand the sections for CPU and GPU and post a screenshot (CMD-Shift-5). Also ensure that any Soft Power Play Table for the Vega has been removed.
No soft power table, I'm not using HWmonitor but I have the intel power gadget that I use to monitor the temp and the frequency.
Right now there is no overclock and temp are everywhere.
Attach some details and the high temps were on using safari on CNN page....
Something else happened, I try the Vega back and happens the same and update the bios to F9b with same effect.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 01.22.29.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 01.22.29.png
    200.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 01.24.07.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 01.24.07.png
    217.2 KB · Views: 97
Just a quick thanks to CaseySJ and other contributors for the amazing work on the Catalina fresh installation. My machine seems to be doing well and no major issues ( i9-9900k, z390, 5700XT).

Quick question, I'm using a RX 5700 XT. Will that override integrated graphics when using the AMD config.plist? Just wondering if I can use the integrated graphics for background tasks such as codec exports in Premiere, etc.
With config-AMD-GPU.plist you will get the best of both worlds: both AMD GPU and iGPU will be used for various tasks. Although iGPU will not drive a display monitor, its compute units will be fully used.

Hey again, fellas. Just a little update on my USB freeze issue: I visited my local MicroCenter this morning and picked up a WD Blue 1TB SSD, cloned installation from the M.2 onto the SSD, reset SMBIOS and other necessary information, and it's now been running all day without any hiccups, everything working 100%.

Will probably leave it running tonight as well to test the longevity of it, as I will deliver it Wednesday morning this week. I know M.2 drives in general are "supposed" to work, but I think some are hit and miss. A lot of guys have had good luck with Inland M.2 hack builds, but I really believe I wasn't one of them. The M.2 drive we have was erased and partitioned to be used solely as extra storage in his system. Hope this helps someone out in the future! Thanks guys!

No soft power table, I'm not using HWmonitor but I have the intel power gadget that I use to monitor the temp and the frequency.
Right now there is no overclock and temp are everywhere.
Attach some details and the high temps were on using safari on CNN page....
Something else happened, I try the Vega back and happens the same and update the bios to F9b with same effect.
Those temperatures are too high:
  • Is the CPU cooler working? Are all radiator and case fans running?
  • Is the cooler properly attached to the CPU? Was a thin amount of thermal paste used?
  • If you have Windows on this machine, HWINFO64 can be used to monitor temperatures. This can tell us whether the high temperature problem exists only in macOS or also in Windows.
HWInfo.png

Hey again, fellas. Just a little update on my USB freeze issue: I visited my local MicroCenter this morning and picked up a WD Blue 1TB SSD, cloned installation from the M.2 onto the SSD, reset SMBIOS and other necessary information, and it's now been running all day without any hiccups, everything working 100%.

Will probably leave it running tonight as well to test the longevity of it, as I will deliver it Wednesday morning this week. I know M.2 drives in general are "supposed" to work, but I think some are hit and miss. A lot of guys have had good luck with Inland M.2 hack builds, but I really believe I wasn't one of them. The M.2 drive we have was erased and partitioned to be used solely as extra storage in his system. Hope this helps someone out in the future! Thanks guys!
Please let us know if the system remains stable. If so, I can add an appropriate warning.

With config-AMD-GPU.plist you will get the best of both worlds: both AMD GPU and iGPU will be used for various tasks. Although iGPU will not drive a display monitor, its compute units will be fully used.

Sounds great, I do see it listed under PCI section system report. Thanks again, it was a breeze getting my build to 10.15.5!

Hi,

I purchased a SATA card because my two M.2 drives are eating up the internal ports/channels, and I needed more storage. I bought a iocrest 4 port SATA PCIe card:

https://www.newegg.com/syba-si-pex40057-sata-iii/p/N82E16816124060

It's Marvell 88se9230 based which I thought AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext would cover. It only works for a few minutes with a couple drives connected to it then the system reports the drives as unplugged. I'd try it on a different slot but my cooler is blocking the only other available one unless I move my graphics card which I'm hesitant to do. Can anyone recommend some troubleshooting steps or a known good card? I'm running 10.14.6. Thanks in advance.

Could also be faulty:

Hi,

I purchased a SATA card because my two m2 drives are eating up the internal ports/channels, and I needed more storage. I bought a iocrest 4 port SATA PCIe card:

https://www.newegg.com/syba-si-pex40057-sata-iii/p/N82E16816124060

It's Marvell 88se9230 based which I thought AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext would cover. It only works for a few minutes with a couple drives connected to it then the system reports the drives as unplugged. I'd try it on a different slot but my cooler is blocking the only other available one unless I move my graphics card which I'm hesitant to do. Can anyone recommend some troubleshooting steps or a known good card? I'm running 10.14.6. Thanks in advance.

Could also be faulty:

I was running this with no problems whatsoever - worked OTB without any additional tweaking.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07MV23HJH/?tag=tonymacx86c0c-20

It's no longer in my Designare system but it's been working flawlessly in another hackintosh I'm using as a server.

When this keyboard/mouse lockup happens during Mojave "Welcome" screen, please try disconnecting both the mouse and keyboard, and connecting them into a USB 3 port (any of the blue, red, or yellow USB ports).
Casey, You're Genius !!! okay Mojave is Successfully installed.
could you tell me what Kexts should I pick with multibeast 11.3.0-4?
I got gigabyte Designare z390 with I9 AMD sapphire Radeon RX580, corsair Force mp510 NVME, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x16 gb ram and highpoint rocket raid 2720SGL with 8 attached crucial MX500 Drives to it
UEFI boot mode? or Legacy?

Thank you SO very much!!

Back