Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The only time I had that type of behavior was when I was using Thunderbolt without a header cable or when I tried using Thunderbolt with it completely disabled in BIOS. Your issue might lie somewhere in there.

Any idea ?
I precise that I only flashed the GC-AR. Do I need to flash the z390 Titan Ridge too ?
Many thanks for all the things you're sharing in this thread !

I do not have any UAD, and I do not experience reboots with the cable connected my system just does not sleep. But I would guess that, if dude has a Designare board, that it would need to be flashed if dude is trying to use a flash AR.

- I am using Catalina 10.15.5 (19F101)
- VirtualSMC
- Yes , I am using SMCSuperIO.kext and SMCProcessor.kext.

View attachment 474604
Give it another attempt:
  • Uncheck Use the IOKit monitoring for GPUs
  • Reboot
  • Then check it back on
  • Reboot

I do not have any UAD, and I do not experience reboots with the cable connected my system just does not sleep. But I would guess that, if dude has a Designare board, that it would need to be flashed if dude is trying to use a flash AR.

Many thanks scottkendall !

Last edited:
Give it another attempt:
  • Uncheck Use the IOKit monitoring for GPUs
  • Reboot
  • Then check it back on
  • Reboot
i tested and same ...
Captura de pantalla 2020-06-07 a las 23.23.30.png

i tested and same ...
That's the same level of detail I get with the 5700 XT. I used to get quite a bit more with my Vega 64s but now not so much...

That's the same level of detail I get with the 5700 XT. I used to get quite a bit more with my Vega 64s but now not so much...
My advice at this time would be to not worry about this. It should clear itself up eventually. You may also post a problem report on the developer's GitHub page, but be sure to check first for any similar issues that have already been reported:

I was looking at Thunderbolt compatability on this board with an RME Fireface 400 https://archiv.rme-audio.de/en/products/fireface_400.php It isn't listed but I wondered if you had any indication one way or the other. I also have a MOTU PCIe 424 card https://motu.com/en-us/store/catalogue/pcie-424_400/ which works fine in my current hack, any reason I should doubt its compatability with the designare?
The RME Fireface 400 is a Firewire device, so it should work with one of the compatible Firewire interfaces listed on Page 1 here. Keyword "should". But please check this post by @bmoney who reported success with RME Fireface 800:

Last edited:
Some questions:
  • Are you using Clover or OpenCore?
  • Are you installing Mojave or Catalina?
  • On which system did you create the USB install disk?
Hey Casey, thank you for your response, I'm using MBP 2009 patched into Mojave 14.5, I've used UniBeast to first make a Mojave installer, that didn't work this is what the disk looks like, I presume that's Clover? I'm sorry I'm just learning all this. I would appreciate any help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 4.41.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 4.41.15 PM.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 4.44.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 4.44.44 PM.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 67
Back