Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@snoby maybe you have problem with a cable or cables, if you have some other cables try by changing them, also check if they are correctly and fully inserted to the Pi pins, have a look to the Pi pins too

Yeah I'm not going to declare success yet, seems the shasum's don't match on the read. Is there a good way to search this forum? I would like to find what resister and cap I need to solder on to the board to help with stability.
Parts and wiring diagram located in this post:

I'm not sure but I think this post

says the benefits and purpose, but it isn't clear, what is being hex edited.... I think it's an aml file.

Honestly there is SO much information in this post it really should be a wiki.
We'll get to that later. Just focus on getting 3 consecutive (and identical) reads.

Parts and wiring diagram located in this post:
I was searching for this post about 2h :lol: :beachball::banghead:

Hey everyone!
I tried to mod the original Thunderbolt firmware using this forum but I can't get the hang of it and can use a little help from you guys.

Here's the dump from the original THU firmware.
(MBoard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7)
Thanks in advance.
This is from an on-board Alpine Ridge ?

Just booted with OpenCore and I don't see any notable difference with Clover at booting
the reason I wanted to try OpenCore is because I have some weird random mouse lags, but the problem is still there (Magic Mouse 2 with Fenvi BT, and a normal USB mouse) do you have any idea about this?
Hello @Inqnuam,
Is your USB mouse also experiencing lags, or only your Magic Mouse via BT?

If only your Magic Mouse has lag issues, @hiverdude recently posted a similar experience with a solution.
I've quoted his post below:
I was experiencing mouse lag from interference within the Fenvi card if I used my 2.4GHz network. This was frustrating because my router is on the other side of the house from this computer so the 5GHz connection was very poor (only 8Mbit up and down).
Then I remembered that the Designare motherboard comes with a little antenna. I connected it to the two middle ports of the Fenvi card, and this got the connection up to about 20Mbit, BUT what really sealed the deal was when I plunked the antenna on to of the metal base of the lamp on my desk, and I now get 120Mbit up and down, despite the long distance from the router. It was amazing to see how moving the antenna 5 inches, off the lamp base dropped the signal back down to 20Mbit.

Hope it helps!

I was searching for this post about 2h :lol: :beachball::banghead:
That's why we have the Quick Reference spoiler... :)

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 11.53.49 AM.png

Hello @Inqnuam,
Is your USB mouse also experiencing lags, or only your Magic Mouse via BT?

If only your Magic Mouse has lag issues, @hiverdude recently posted a similar experience with a solution.
I've quoted his post below:

Hope it helps!
Both..
But now, like, 2 or 3 hours after booting macOS there's no lags anymore (booted with OpenCore)

I'm using @hiverdude method, I've never used Fenvi's antennas, tried them today and no difference, the same lags issues.

I just bought a thunderbolt cable and test it on my hack with my MBP.
On hack:
Captură de ecran din 2020-06-04 la 21.33.09.pngCaptură de ecran din 2020-06-04 la 21.33.40.png
On MBP:
Captură de ecran din 2020-06-04 la 21.34.32.pngCaptură de ecran din 2020-06-04 la 21.37.49.png
Once again @CaseySJ, thank you and to all those who participate on this forum!

Back