Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Congratulations! Welcome to the club (of mad scientists). :)
:lol: Thank you Sir!!
I'v definitely better UAD Thunderbolt experience with sample rates!

I just switched SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1 to have Apple TV and the all DRM stuff, and because I've i9-9900KF I guess this SMBIOS is better in my case. I'll let you know if I see some differences.

Where can I send you some beers? :mrgreen:

Really your guides are very easy to understand, thank you very much, you helped me a lot for my first hackintosh and computer build!

Hello @qadri,

We have intentionally disabled USB 2 protocol on all of the USB-C/TB3 ports in order to maintain a limit of 15 USB ports. Only USB 3 and Thunderbolt devices will work.

The USB-C cable that comes in the iPad Pro box does not support USB 3. You have 3 options:
  • Use any Thunderbolt 3 cable
  • Purchase a USB-C to USB-C cable that supports USB 3.x (see bottom of Note 5 below)
  • Use a USB-C to USB Type A cable that supports USB 3.x
This is explained in the Catalina build guides as follows:

View attachment 473598
Thank you very much MR CaseySJ for helping me. You are a great man

OK, so I have followed the guides, and I borrowed a Raspberry Pi and bought the clips and cables. ( I also have a degree in computer engineering and have written many linux kernel modules so I'm not a newbie ). I am following updated supplemental Procedure. I have tried the following command:

sudo flashrom -p linux_spi:dev=dev/spidev0.0,spispeed=1024 -r Designare.bin

1591238681741.png

So I think I followed the directions wiring the system up...
1591239783751.png

1591239809153.png

But I can't seem to get the chip to reply... Any tips?

@jb007 - can you comment on this post? - I've triple checked my connections and tried reducing the speed value on the spi bus to no avail. Please and thank you :)

Last edited:
Just installed the opencore bootloader on an USB thumb drive for some testing. Worked the first time, thanks to the very clear mini guide in this thread. Well done!

Now, can someone remind me of the improvements compared to Clover?

According to them, these:

@CaseySJ and @NorthAmTransAm

@tonymacx86 is getting this motherboard and will put together a Build Description.

I, too, am sorely tempted to get this motherboard.

Hi Stork, when do you expect to have a build description for the ProArt Z490? I am a beginner in Hackintosh, and I tried to install mac on my i9-10900K + ProArt Z490 + RX 5700XT build, but I am always stuck at the boot. I attached the OpenCore log below. I tried all the options I could think of, but no luck. I am really hoping you guys could help me out and get the build description soon. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• opencore-2020-06-03-191816.txt
    256 KB · Views: 71
Hi Stork, when do you expect to have a build description for the ProArt Z490? I am a beginner in Hackintosh, and I tried to install mac on my i9-10900K + ProArt Z490 + RX 5700XT build, but I am always stuck at the boot. I attached the OpenCore log below. I tried all the options I could think of, but no luck. I am really hoping you guys could help me out and get the build description soon. Thank you in advance!

Not to jump in, but have you worked through this?

not to jump in, but have you worked through this?

Hi canyondust,

Yes, I have followed the instructions to make my plist. I also copied the plist file from a success ASUS Z490 build (yilmazca - Asus-prime-Z490A-hackintosh), but no luck at all. I attached my EFI zip file below, I would really appreciate if you could take a look for me. Thanks!

(**UPDATE) I found an interesting error that the error message says it couldn't find "\_SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB", however in my DSDT, I can only find "\_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.RHUB. *" ('*' could be INIR, PS0X, PS2X, PS3X). But I don't know how can I correct the naming to match what I have on my motherboard.

IMG_1401.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Hello @Elias64Fr,

Just got a chance to examine your modified NVM 50. Regarding SubsystemID, are you referring to these three bytes? If so, does this make a functional difference or a cosmetic difference on the Designare Z390? In other words, if these 3 bytes are not changed, what effect do you observe?
View attachment 473393
Hi, @CaseySJ
What app is this, can you tell me? I want to research my own firmware.
Thanks!

Hi guys,
I'm using AdGuard (paid licence) to block ads (tonymacx is on my whitelist), it works really good on my MacBook Pro and an old iMac. But it doesn't on my hackinotsh. I contacted AdGuard support service I sent them debug logs of the app and they told me this:
Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 09.38.15.png

Do you have any idea why this not working on the hackinotsh? I installed using the May Update 2020 with 10.15.4 fresh install guide.
Iv not installed any antivirus or network monitoring app.

Last edited:
*** OpenCore 0.5.7 / 0.5.8 / 0.5.9 Mini-Guide for Designare Z390 ***

can i use this ^^^ guide also to build my first dualboot hackintosh but with Mojave and not Catalina:
Z390 Designare
i9 9900k
vega 56 (or rx590 it depends what I can get due to the out of stocks of radeon cards here)
G.Skill Aegis DIMM Kit 32GB, DDR4-3200
Crucial P1 SSD 1TB, M.2
Samsung evo850 1tb (for win10)
Corsair TX-M Series Modular TX750M

I want to go open core bc all say its the future, its harder to setup but i would go over it.

Back