Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

If the Apollo is running very warm, I don't think it's due to the Thunderbolt connection because it has its own 12VDC power supply. The Thunderbolt cable, therefore, is not delivering power. It is only exchanging data.
correct , but you have new version for SSD could you send to me
Thank you very much

Thx, but Detect is already set!
The output from kextstat shows that USBInjectAll is not loaded. USB ports will not be configured properly until that driver works. If you recently copied it to /Library/Extensions, then please run Kext Utility to rebuild kernel cache.

Alternatively:
  • Move all Hackintosh kexts to CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • Delete them from /Library/Extensions
  • Rebuild kernel cache by running Kext Utility
"Hackintosh" kexts are the ones listed in the table at the top of this post:

Hello Elias,

Thank you for adapting and testing NVM50 on Z390 Designare. Do you experience any problem connecting USB-C devices to the two Thunderbolt ports after system has been booted?

Also, if you have a USB-C hub, does it work on either of the two TB3 ports?

I just noticed these issues on Z490 Vision D.
@CaseySJ

I have an external SSD Drive (USB-C Gen 2 10Gbps), no USB-C issue after booting without any devices. XHC2 device appear on IOReg. When I connect SSD Drive, it is instantly detected.

I noticed during SSDT/Firmware experimentation that when I have :
  • kPowerStateSuspended increasing value after boot, XHC2 is operating (my current SSDT)
  • kPowerStateOff increasing value after boot, XHC2 is operating only after Sleep/Wake.
Capture d’écran 2020-06-02 à 19.37.07.png

This behaviour depends on SSDT XHC2 content :

The following is my current XHC2 methods :
Capture d’écran 2020-06-02 à 19.43.28.png

Sometimes, when I don't want to use XHC2 and want to have device disabled (but operate after only one Sleep/Wake), I use my second SSDT :

Capture d’écran 2020-06-02 à 19.46.36.png

On this second SSDT, my only issue is that XHC2 doesn't operate after boot (XHC2 device detected but no effect after Drive plugging). I have to Sleep/wake one time. After this, It will normaly operate by switching between kPowerStateOff (with no device plugged), kPowerStateOn (with device plugged), kPowerStateSleep (during first Mac Sleeping State) and kPowerStateSuspended (during all other Mac Sleeping State).

I have the following BIOS config :
  • Discrete Thunderbolt Support Enabled
  • TBT Vt-d base security Disabled
  • Thunderbolt Boot Support Disabled
  • Wake from Thunderbolt Devices Disabled
  • Security Level to User Authorization
  • Thunderbolt Usb Support Enabled
  • GPIO Force Prw Enabled

Last edited:
This config.plist does not follow the guidelines in Post #1. It contains alcid=16 instead of alcid=11.
  • Are you using Lilu and AppleALC in CLOVER/kexts/Other?
  • Does /Library/Extensions contain any Hackintosh kexts? If so, those kexts should be deleted; then run Kext Utility to rebuild kernel cache. But make full bootable backup before deleting the files.
My kext are in the efi in kext folder in other no kext in library/extentions
Where can I change alcid=16 to alcid=11 please ?

My kext are in the efi in kext folder in other no kext in library/extentions
Where can I change alcid=16 to alcid=11 please ?
It can be changed in Boot Arguments. Just open your config.plist in Clover a Configurator, select Boot section on left side pane, then change alcid to 11.

It can be changed in Boot Arguments. Just open your config.plist in Clover a Configurator, select Boot section on left side pane, then change alcid to 11.
Yeah It work very nice Thank you so much !
I think my computer is now ready !!! to work with ! Thank you for your bible !

PS : Native NVram work for me

Hi Casey,

long time no talk... I just saw this new addition on the OpenCore page:

Is this something that would provide any benefit (sleep/wake issues, etc.), or do we already accomplish some of that with the one key wake up and USB fixes?

Last edited:
have just done a clean install of Catalina on a new ssd, so I still have Mojave on another drive. Everything works great on my Mojave installation. on this new installation I followed each step to the letter. I kept having issues when trying to install Catalina, screen would go black. finally decided to try using a TB dock and monitor instead of monitor with HDMI directly out of the motherboard. now I was able to install Catalina. but now I can't seem to get the HDMI port to work on the Catalina installation. it works great on the Mojave drive. any thoughts?
AFAIK, onboard HDMI port only supports up to 4K 30Hz. Have you tried to change the refresh rate to 30 Hz? If not give it a try because mine still works ok on 10.15.4
Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 2.30.26 PM.png

Back