Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I have noticed that Backups seem to be veery slow since the 10.15.5 update. This is happening with the 3 SATA Time Machine backups and the OWC Thunderbay 4 DAS. @CaseySJ have you notice this?
Been working on the Z490 Vision D build guide so haven't checked...

Been working on the Z490 Vision D build guide so haven't checked...
Wow, looks like the kind of board that I would like to work on. I did a restart an all seems ok.

I wonder if this is due to any network-mounted filesystems (or NAS). Try disconnecting all external drives to see if the problem recurs.

Since im unsure when it happened I will try to leave it with no external drives overnight to see if it occurs again. I do have a NAS, however it wasn't mounted at the time haven't mounted it in a couple of days.

I did also successfully do the Supplemental update to 10.15.5, updated Kexts, and in-place update.

Hi guys!

I haven't posted in a long time here. I think that's been because I've been happy with my hackintosh project, working with FCP and Logic among other programs. I havent made any hardware changes to my rig yet, but it still performs really well! I want to say thank you all again for the help I received putting this computer together.

I'm getting ready to finally upgrade to Catalina. I'm still running Mojave (using the latest 10.14.6 update) and for some reason the App Store wont download new programs or update existing ones. I've heard that this might be a Mojave issue so I'm hoping that the move to Catalina will make it go away.

Could someone point me in the direction of a how-to or similar to upgrade? Can I just use the updater in system preferences, or is the process more complicated than that?

Hi guys!

I haven't posted in a long time here. I think that's been because I've been happy with my hackintosh project, working with FCP and Logic among other programs. I havent made any hardware changes to my rig yet, but it still performs really well! I want to say thank you all again for the help I received putting this computer together.

I'm getting ready to finally upgrade to Catalina. I'm still running Mojave (using the latest 10.14.6 update) and for some reason the App Store wont download new programs or update existing ones. I've heard that this might be a Mojave issue so I'm hoping that the move to Catalina will make it go away.

Could someone point me in the direction of a how-to or similar to upgrade? Can I just use the updater in system preferences, or is the process more complicated than that?
Mojave to Catalina upgrade requires a little bit of preparation and patience. It's not a turnkey upgrade, but we have a fairly complete guide here:

Mojave to Catalina upgrade requires a little bit of preparation and patience. It's not a turnkey upgrade, but we have a fairly complete guide here:

Thanks! I'll read that right away!

Back