Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ Just a quick note on upgrading from Mojave to Catalina with a fresh install. Everything is working better than before. I used to have some USB issues and not charging at high current etc. I couldn't (on Mojave) get iMessage to work after many deep dive attempts etc. Now all is great. And as usual, I learn more as I go deeper. This thread is a godsend and im looking forward to the next build, although I will wait to upgrade when we have full PCI4.0 and next gen MB's this current Z390 Gigabyte Designare is still rocking it for me with FCP etc. Once again thank you!

Jules

Show Package contents on both files and open their info.plist files copy the Vega info from the V1-4 and paste it into the V1.6.

@scottkendall,

Thank you. I should have thought of that!

I'll report back how things go after my upgrade to 10.15.5 and the new RBoost.v1.6+VEGA.

Lam

This has now been fixed in the latest version of CCC, release a couple of days ago.

Well, it's not completely addressed. For example, if you backup to a NAS (I do), with 10.15.5, you no longer can do that. See below:

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 6.38.54 PM.png

In fact, Mike Bombich of CCC posted an article about this, but I doubt it will do much good. I keep hoping this is just an unintended problem that Apple will fix with a supplemental upgrade, but who knows?

The article on 9-to-5 Mac: https://9to5mac.com/2020/05/28/macos-10-15-5-bug/

Hello guys,
I have been these days full of work and i could't do anything about the Thunderbolt Antelope work.

@CaseySJ , @qthegaijin finally i had sent the X299X Aorus Master back to store.
Now i have 1 Gigabyte X299 Designare EX and 2 Gigabyte Z390 Designare to test.

X299 Designare works like a charm, seems that the audio problems with usb that i had with Radeon VII + Asus X299 Prime Deluxe its gone... (i need to test it more , but i think that is ok now...)

What Firmware should i have to flash into the X299 Designare EX integrated TH Chip?
Could help if i save mine with the flash tool and post it here?

Other question that i had from years to now, all these Motherboard who have integrated thunderbolt but with Thunderbolt expansion head , could accept also a pcie thunderbolt card??
this could be a good option to have maybe more than 2 Thunderbolt ports.

I have sent all the previous data from the X299X to Antelope Team and they are very interested in how this is growing.

Regards!

For 5700XT owners who have upgraded to 10.15.5, has the updae cured the random lockups? For those who are not following the Z490 thread, I posted a similar question over there, since I'm getting ready to put the new system together, wondering if anyone has experience with an RX 590 and a 5700XT; specifically for video work with FCPX, how much better is the 5700XT?

@scottkendall,

Thank you. I should have thought of that!

I'll report back how things go after my upgrade to 10.15.5 and the new RBoost.v1.6+VEGA.

Lam

Good Luck I did not update mine till earlier to day but I updated the OS the day it was released.

hello,
i need helping finding a good graphics card 1-300$ that would be good for video editing everything i search for or get recommended is either too expensive or not in stock let me know of any suggestions

thank you!

Sure it does. You just need an SSDT to fix the fan.

I have a Vega 56 air cooled. With this Kext it is very noisy. How to fix this? where to find a SSDT to fix the fan?
Thanx!

Back