Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hey @CaseySJ - apologies if this has been asked/answered already, but in light of your new Z490 build, are you still going to be updating your Z390 build with updates, guides etc, and of course hopefully also continuing to answer any Hackintosh related questions pertaining to the Z390 that users may have (as in, any bugs we may find as we update etc)?

I'm sure I speak for others also when I say this guide has been amazing. Thanks!
Hello @hamzab,

I'll continue to support the Z390 Designare. After all, I have two of them so I still have a vested interest in the upkeep of this thread.

The kext doesn't support vega cards

Sure it does. You just need an SSDT to fix the fan.

Hello Everyone!

Quick question on upgrading to 10.15.5. I've seen a number of discussions on RadeonBoost.

Since I'm running "RadeonBoost-v1-4+Vega.kext" right now, can I still use it after the upgrade or does anyone know if v1.6

will now work with Vega cards?

Thanks!
Lam

It seems to be working still after the upgrade 1.6 may not have Vega support but neither did 1-4 we added it back. So you could add it back to 1.6 if you do not want to use 1-4.

Hey @CaseySJ ,

I followed this post originally (Have the MSI 5700xt) and have since upgraded up to 10.15.4, everything is working great. But was just reviewing my files today while considering upgrading to 10.15.5 (Although I heard about the CCC bug) and had a couple questions:

1) Are the only differences in this zip file (compared to the zip in the latest post) the boot arguments you added?

2) What is OcQuirks-4 driver exactly? (I'm assuming it was compiled with custom settings) Looking at the official releases none such release even exists... am I ok to replace OcQuirks-4 & FwRuntimeServices with OpenRuntime.efi & OcQuirks Rev22?

Thanks in advance!

Does anybody have an IORegistryExplorer copy of a real Mac with Radeon VII?

Hey @CaseySJ ,

I followed this post originally (Have the MSI 5700xt) and have since upgraded up to 10.15.4, everything is working great. But was just reviewing my files today while considering upgrading to 10.15.5 (Although I heard about the CCC bug) and had a couple questions:

1) Are the only differences in this zip file (compared to the zip in the latest post) the boot arguments you added?
Hello @digimax,

The new ZIP file in the 10.15.4+ Mini-Guide also updates VirtualSMC, Lilu, WEG, AppleALC, etc.
2) What is OcQuirks-4 driver exactly? (I'm assuming it was compiled with custom settings) Looking at the official releases none such release even exists... am I ok to replace OcQuirks-4 & FwRuntimeServices with OpenRuntime.efi & OcQuirks Rev22?
OcQuirks-4 was our first successful attempt at replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. It's still recommended for Mojave, but not for Catalina. Catalina users should switch to OcQuirks Rev 22 that is provided at the end of the 10.15.4+ Mini Guide.

Hey @CaseySJ ,

But was just reviewing my files today while considering upgrading to 10.15.5 (Although I heard about the CCC bug) and had a couple questions:

Thanks in advance!

This has now been fixed in the latest version of CCC, release a couple of days ago.

It seems to be working still after the upgrade 1.6 may not have Vega support but neither did 1-4 we added it back. So you could add it back to 1.6 if you do not want to use 1-4.

Hi @scottkendall,

Any idea how to add that support back in?

Thanks!
Lam

@CaseySJ Got it, thanks for the clarification!

Also, I just finished updating to 10.15.5 and all is still working here with the msi 5700XT! Will now proceed to update Quirks as well. Note: Oddly enough I didn't seem to have any issues with video output after removing/reinstalling the GPU this time around.

@Ploddles Ok, I was a bit confused on that looks like I was just looking at a slightly older blog post. Good to know!

Back