Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Just went thru created CCC backup
Updated current Kexts
Attempted upgrade thru system preferences
Asked to restart first, restarted and auto selected and begin the install Mac OS drive on clover boot screen.

But it seems to be just sitting at Apple logo screen now no progress bar or changes.

I def take a lot of enjoyment in it, blows my mind following the thread in a lot of the things you and others are always working on.

I’ve been looking into things and the vision D definitely caught my eye but the new 10th gens for sure haven’t been aww inspiring in comparison to what has been being released recently so hopefully the 11th gen CPU def bring some welcomed changes to what intel can do

EDIT: Seems my clover update never actually installed, so was running into boot issue due to being on older version of clover.
Updated to clover v5118.
Restarted, & auto started install successfully, progress bar and time remaining now reflecting.
I have updated clover to v5118 but the install never goes any further than the reboot :(
Which option should be chosen when the reboot happens (boot macOS Install Prebooter fro Preboot) or something else?

Please do share the settings :D #21,640

Thanks!
Hey there! any chance I can get your TB settings, please?

I usually set it as per kpg's:
TBT Root por Selector PCIE16_3 (Prime X299 Deluxe) / PCIE16_2 (WS X299 Sage 10G)
Thunderbolt USB Support Enabled
Thunderbolt Boot Support Enabled
Wake From Thunderbolt(TM Devices) Off
Thunderbolt(TM) PCIe Cache-line Size 128
GPIO3 Force Pwr On
Wait time in ms after applying Force Pwr 200
Skip PCI OptionRom Enabled
Security Level SL0-No Security
Reserve mem per phy slot 32
Reserve P mem per phy slot 32
Reserve IO per phy slot 20
Delay before SX Exit 300
GPIO Filter Enabled
Enable CLK REQ Disabled
Enable ASPM Enabled
Enable LTR Disabled
Extra Bus Reserved 65
Reserved Memory 386
Memory Alignment 26
Reserved PMemory 960
PMemory Alignment 28
Reserved I/O 0
Alpine Ridge XHCI WA Enabled
Cheers!

Is anyone still have problems accessing the site? (like me) I'm still having to use a VPN. I just realized that it's not my ISP, as my neighbor has the same provider. On their WIFI I can access the site, so when I take my router out of the mix, I can access it. So, if you are still having problems accessing, are you running an ASUS brand router, or is your router using TrendMicro filtering?

@CaseySJ
My build is as follows

Bios F9g
Z390 Designare
Sapphire Rx 580 Nitro +
Fractul R6 Blackout
Clover 5102
Catalina 10.15.2
ALL EFI FILES from the May2020 Update.

My ACPI/patched folder is attached.
My question is; can I and should I be using any of the patches from "Fractal Design Define R6 2.zip" and if yes, how should my "patched" folder be looking, because for my particular circumstance it wasn't exactly clear, i.e. "Fractul R6 Blackout" with the "May2020 update.zip" files.

I tried adding the "Fractal Design Define R6 2.zip" files to my "ACPI/patched" and writing and replacing any conflicts i.e. "SSDT-EC.aml" but then I could not boot, so as per the attached file, I am currently on the stock "May2020 update.zip" files.

Perhaps you can attach an alternate file named "May2020 update FractulR6.zip" to the "Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.4 and Newer Mini Guide".

Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this forum, it is appreciated.
Hello @killadaninja2,

Casey's Z390 Designare build guides provide all the information and files needed to get macOS running with the common hardware. The users of this comminity have provided many customizations for specific hardware and setups on this common platform, and Casey has kindly collected and indexed those customizations in this build guide so others can benefit.

Your Fractal Design case is specific hardware, so I wouldn't expect someone else to create a ready-made zip-file for your specific system. Instead, please read up and learn from the many resources already available and be amazed at what you will find!

Let me point you in the right direction:
All the information you need is available in the main build guide in post #1 (probably the same place where you found the Fractal .zip file). Your specific question is answered is a section called Custom USB SSDT for Fractal Design R6 Case. It explains what the SSDT is for and how it needs to be installed.

Is anyone still have problems accessing the site? (like me) I'm still having to use a vpn. I just realized that it's not my ISP, as my neighbor has the same provider. On their WIFI I can access the site, so when I take my router out of the mix, I can access it. So, if you are still having problems accessing, are you running an ASUS brand router, or is your router using TrendMicro filtering?

It could be that your IP has been inadvertently blocked. If you message the Admins with your IP address they can check and unblock it.

It could be that your IP has been inadvertently blocked. If you message the Admins with your IP address they can check and unblock it.
I've had my IP address get blocked before, and you get a message from the site telling you as much. What's happening for me is the page does not even load.

I've had my IP address get blocked before, and you get a message from the site telling you as much. What's happening for me is the page does not even load.

It is good advice, take it :

It could be that your IP has been inadvertently blocked. If you message the Admins with your IP address they can check and unblock it

It has happened to me more than once.
There is no message, pages just refuse to load.
It is caused by the forum software.
The last time that I was blocked was for perpetrating 'a SQL injection attack' - As if.

Is anyone still have problems accessing the site? (like me) I'm still having to use a vpn. I just realized that it's not my ISP, as my neighbor has the same provider. On their WIFI I can access the site, so when I take my router out of the mix, I can access it. So, if you are still having problems accessing, are you running an ASUS brand router, or is your router using TrendMicro filtering?

I still can't access it on Virgin Fibre in London without a VPN. Posted my IP address on this thread when it was previously discussed a month ago but nothing has changed.

I still can't access it on Virgin Fibre in London without a VPN. Posted my IP address on this thread when it was previously discussed a month ago but nothing has changed.
Contact @adamsmasher via PM to see if your IP address has gotten blocked by the forum software. Let him know what your IP address is that is getting blocked.

@CaseySJ Hey again :)
I'm running the latest OpenCore 0.5.8 EFI. and I'm experiencing Wake ups. My hack doesn't reliably sleep. How would you approach this issue? What are the common solutions?

Thanks.

Back