Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

How would I go about disabling the DP/HDMI Audio side of things in Opencore?
I'm having a problem when streaming to OBS or Ecamm etc. Have tried a lot of tricks and days to get it to work and now I think it's something to do with my GPU / iGPU layout.
The streaming freezes, been trying many things and seem to be thinking it's the AMD Radeon FE 16GB and my iGPU setup.. I have weird issues with the display loading up properly as well, black screens etc. I read somewhere in a thread and now can't find it about disabling the DP/HDMI - I don't need them so would like to try?
TIA
Hello there. I'm not sure you really need to disable DP/HDMI audio. I have the Designare board, i9-9900K, with my
SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5700 XT and I have virtually no problem streaming from Ecamm (tried an earlier version of OBS that wouldn't show as 1080p on Youtube, but I think that was a problem with either OBS configuration or a bug; latest Mac OBS outputs 1080p fine now though). In fact, I stream with Ecamm Live twice a week for about 2 hours with virtually no problem. I'm not familiar with that AMD GPU, but I imagine if it works normally, your Ecamm Live should work as well. I'm using the iMac Pro SMBIOS right now, though I previously used the iMac 19,1 for several months and it worked fine as well. I have 64 GB of RAM installed with a 2TB NVMe as my system boot volume and another 1TB Samsung EVO plus for recording the Ecamm Live streams. Works great! My internal GPU is in headless mode, configured according to CaseyJ's guide and has been for almost a year and a half, though I had a RX580 initially back then when I build this rig. Anyway, the 5700xt works pretty flawlessly. Is your system configured somewhat this way? What Catalina version or Mojave version are you running? Is the AMD Radeon passing all the usual tests outside of streaming like Geekbench and VideoProc? What does your config.plist look like and what kexts are in your EFI?

Last edited:
Hi,

I followed the "Mini-Guide for Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.4 and Newer" guide and got everything up and working (so thank you for the great guides) however I did a GeekBench test and the scores were very low (see screenshot)

My Hardware is:
Gigabyte Designare Z390
Intel I9 9900k
Radeon VII
64gb 3200mhz RAM - for some reason on geek bench it's showing as 1600mhz?
2 x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 (one has windows installed on and the other is my macOS)
650w PSU

I also noticed my download speeds are pretty slow (5mb/s) compared to my other devices (100mb/s) and I am using a wired connection. Not sure the two are related (seem unlikely) but you never know.

I also changed my bios setting to match those in the original post, anyway here are the results:
1589957573448.png

If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:
What an incredible guide!
I'm a fairly experienced hackintosher but usually avoid custom builds - I just don't have the time to troubleshoot anymore. I needed a new machine to update an i7 3770. I'm Running nearly the same machine as this guide: i9 9900k on Designare MOBO in R6 case. Everything working first time NOT a single issue.
Once again: incredible work putting this guide together - thank you so much.
Glad to hear it and welcome to the forum!

... however I did a GeekBench test and the scores were very low (see screenshot)
Those numbers are reasonable for GeekBench 5. The single-core CPU score might be affected by background tasks, particularly Spotlight Indexing and Media Indexing that takes place when macOS is first installed. Try GeekBench again after a few hours.
64gb 3200mhz RAM - for some reason on geek bench it's showing as 1600mhz?
Please check System Information --> Memory. What speed do you see there?

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me! That's good to know re GeekBench 5 scores; I thought something might have broken, so that is a relief. And in system overview, it's correctly reporting 3200Mhz so I am hoping it's not a problem?

1589959466019.png

I'm also expecting "something nice" on Tuesday the 18th 19th. ;)
"Something nice" arrived earlier this morning...

After 8 years with the 2012 MacBook Air it was finally time to upgrade. This is the 2020 13-inch MacBook Pro with 10th Gen Ice Lake CPUs.

IMG_1319_resize.jpg
IMG_1320_resize.jpg
IMG_1325_resize.jpg
IMG_1328_resize.jpg
IMG_1333_resize.jpg

There are several interesting differences...
  • SMBIOS = MacBookPro 16,2
  • Has significantly different Thunderbolt implementation:
    • UPSB and DSB0 are gone
    • There is no NHI0 device, replaced by TDM0 and TDM1
    • TDM0 and TDM1 are the new Thunderbolt controllers 0 and 1; they also happen to be root ports (PCI0.TDM0 and PCI0.TDM1)
    • These root ports combine the functions of UPSB, DSB0, and NHI0
    • Thunderbolt devices used to connect to DSB1 and DSB4, but these are also gone
    • Thunderbolt devices connect directly to TRP0, TRP1, TRP2, TRP3 (four Thunderbolt ports) that are directly mapped to PCI0. They are no longer child devices of NHI0 (or TDM0)
    • Thunderbolt USB 3.x is controlled by PCI0.TXHC, again mapped directly to PCI0 and not a child of UPSB
  • Does not use Titan Ridge
    • With Ice Lake processors, we have a new Thunderbolt device ID: 0x8A17 for the controller and 0x8A1D for Thunderbolt device ports
    • All Thunderbolt 3 Macs based on Alpine Ridge and Titan Ridge are driven by AppleThunderboltNHIType3, but this controller is managed by AppleThunderboltNHIType4.
      • Does it support upcoming USB4?
    • Comes with Thunderbolt firmware (NVM) version 80.0
About this Mac.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 5.10.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 3.31.59 PM_resize.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 3.36.22 PM_resize.png Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 3.37.04 PM_resize.png Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 3.44.40 PM_resize.png Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 3.47.14 PM_resize.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 5.00.26 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 5.08.17 PM.png

Last edited:
I have the last model of the 17 inch MBP from 2011-2012. It's a tank in every sense of the word, but this thing has been a beast. I also have a 2019 MBP and it probably weighs less then half the weight, but I just love that old thing. It's still my preference to surf on, the screen is huge. Dropped an SSD in 4 years ago and it was like a new machine. Ah the good old days when you could upgrade your laptop.

Congrats on the system!

hi @CaseySJ ,

I encounter a problem about airplay/hands off/sidecar not working .

My hackintosh hardware like below:

i9-9900k
Z390-designare
RX580 with headless mode
bluetooth and wifi card : FV-T919

sidecar target : ipad pro 12.9 (2020)

I am sure that my SMBIOS update to iMac 19.1 without T2
but it is still not working .

I can airdrop something to it.

but no matter how I switch [settings > display > mirroring option checkbox] , I have no airplay icon on top menu,

even I open sidecar app from settings directly, there is no dropdown option let me select my ipad pro.

Could you take a look on my problem ? what settings I miss?

thanks

hi @CaseySJ ,

I encounter a problem about airplay/hands off/sidecar not working .

My hackintosh hardware like below:

i9-9900k
Z390-designare
RX580 with headless mode
bluetooth and wifi card : FV-T919

sidecar target : ipad pro 12.9 (2020)

I am sure that my SMBIOS update to iMac 19.1 without T2
but it is still not working .

I can airdrop something to it.

but no matter how I switch [settings > display > mirroring option checkbox] , I have no airplay icon on top menu,

even I open sidecar app from settings directly, there is no dropdown option let me select my ipad pro.

Could you take a look on my problem ? what settings I miss?

thanks
Please check the following:
  • System Preferences --> Security & Privacy --> Location Services --> enabled
  • Clover Configurator --> Boot Arguments --> shikigva = 16 or 80 (remove "shiki-id" if it exists)
  • Connect to same WiFi network as other AirPlay devices
  • Login to same iCloud account as other AirPlay devices and iOS devices (for Sidecar)

Back