Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ I was thinking about reinstalling as well. I'm at OpenCore ATM and have Windows installed, and everything except that weird issue is working perfectly. It's not even breaking sleep instantly. It's just constantly darkwakes for half a minute and goes back to sleep with period for about 10-15 mins.:(

Bother you again,@CaseySJ
  • My Thunderbolt root port is at _SB.PCI0.BR1B
This is my DSDT table, My motherboard(Gigabyte X99 Designare-EX) will not load with ASUS X99. How to adjust TbtOnPCH SSDT?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    215.8 KB · Views: 88
Bother you again,@CaseySJ
  • My Thunderbolt root port is at _SB.PCI0.BR1B
This is my DSDT table, My motherboard(Gigabyte X99 Designare-EX) will not load with ASUS X99. How to adjust TbtOnPCH SSDT?
Please add the following ACPI renames to config.plist:
  • Rename _E16 to XE16
    • Find: 5F453136
    • Replace: 58453136
    • Comment: _E16 to XE16
  • Rename _INI to XINI
    • Find: 42523142 085F4144 520C0100 01005B80 4D43544C 000C8881 00E00A04 5B81134D 43544C01 00034847 50450100 07000800 08140D5F 494E49
    • Replace: 42523142 085F4144 520C0100 01005B80 4D43544C 000C8881 00E00A04 5B81134D 43544C01 00034847 50450100 07000800 08140D58 494E49
    • Comment: BR1B _INI to XINI
And copy the attached files to CLOVER/ACPI/patched. Then test as follows:
  • Remove all Thunderbolt devices.
  • Boot the system and log into macOS.
  • Hot-plug a Thunderbolt device.
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and scroll down to BR1B to check if Thunderbolt Bus and the device tree are present. Feel free to post screenshot.
  • Also check System Information --> Thunderbolt.

Attachments

• SSDT-TbtOnPch-GA-X99-Designare.aml
    5.1 KB · Views: 82
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 81
Hi Casey and every one else!

I just upgraded from RX580 to a RX 5700 XT and I'm just wondering if there something I should do to maxmize it performance (not talking about OC or the AMD booster kext).

Ive seen this post a couple of times:
*** Mini-Guide: Using Hackintool to Set Headless Platform ID 0x3E980003 ***

Is that relevant for this card and for Catalina?

Hello @losinka

I have tested the patched firmware, both with Clover and OpenCore. Thanks a lot for the excellent work! :clap:

I run a UAD Apollo audio interface on my Thunderbolt connector. It works quite well. But I have an annoying problem. My computer keeps rebooting automatically after I shut it down.

If I switch off my UAD Apollo before, the computer stays off. Do you have any advice for me on what that might be?

BIOS: F22i
macOS: 10.13.6 High Sierra
OC: 0.5.8
Clover: 5098

Best regards

@maschinenwart: The bios do nothing except CFG_Lock=Disables (if you set it) and GPIO3 Force Pwr=Enabled (if you set it). I don't have UAD Apollo. May be you need to check other bios settings and your Clover/OC ssdt/config. I don't know, sorry...

I also have this behavior with F22g (Thunderbolt devices restarting computer). I'll see what I can dig up when I have time. :)

(Edit: the point I was making is the behavior is bios-independent :) )

Last edited:
Hi Casey and every one else!

I just upgraded from RX580 to a RX 5700 XT and I'm just wondering if there something I should do to maxmize it performance (not talking about OC or the AMD booster kext).

Ive seen this post a couple of times:

Is that relevant for this card and for Catalina?
Hello @Joakim1337, are you unhappy with the RX 5700 XT's performance? :)

We believe that current AMD drivers in macOS are not fully optimized for rDNA architecture, but subsequent versions of macOS should provide improvements. WWDC 2020 is about a month away and we expect Apple to announce the successor to Catalina. Better graphics drivers could be included. So my recommendation for now is to wait.

Thank you for your help @CaseySJ

Feedback: LG UltraFine Display has no display output, the HP docking station and USB work normally.
This is my Thunderbolt firmware. It would be better if it could help me fix the problem of no video output. Video output is very important to me. Thank you again for your help

Is it possible to modify the firmware on AR? My machine's sleep is affected by Thunderbolt, and it will automatically wake up (make sure it is not a USB problem)

Snipaste_2020-05-20_02-56-12.png
Snipaste_2020-05-20_02-57-26.png
Snipaste_2020-05-20_02-58-13.png

Attachments

• GIGABYTE_GA_X99_Designare_EX_AR_HR_4C_B1_rev21_W_Ti_1_7_6_SEC1_sign.bin.zip
    141 KB · Views: 54
So my replacement Designare is dead. The MB lights up but no POST, no red warning lights, no fan spin, no noise at all. This is exactly the same as my 1st one. The replacement for that worked for about 8 months before packing up. Tried new PSU, different CPU, different RAM - (my son wasn't happy with me dismantling his gaming machine for me to test parts (but I pay the bills so my rules :) ))

On its way back to Amazon tomorrow and a new Aorus Master on order. I'm giving up on the Designare, 2/3 DOA and the other one dead after 8 months. Good job I don't need it for business. I wonder if anyone has any ready made SSDTs for it. Now off to have a hunt around the site to see what I can find. :cry:

What an incredible guide!
I'm a fairly experienced hackintosher but usually avoid custom builds - I just don't have the time to troubleshoot anymore. I needed a new machine to update an i7 3770. I'm Running nearly the same machine as this guide: i9 9900k on Designare MOBO in R6 case. Everything working first time NOT a single issue.
Once again: incredible work putting this guide together - thank you so much.

So my replacement Designare is dead. The MB lights up but no POST, no red warning lights, no fan spin, no noise at all. This is exactly the same as my 1st one. The replacement for that worked for about 8 months before packing up. Tried new PSU, different CPU, different RAM - (my son wasn't happy with me dismantling his gaming machine for me to test parts (but I pay the bills so my rules :) ))
Have you also tried booting (a) without AMD GPU, (b) without Fenvi or other WiFi/BT card, (c) but with 8-pin CPU power cable connected (ATX_12V_2X4)? Were any socket pins damaged under the CPU? The Designare Z390 is one of the most popular boards for Hackintosh. If the failure rate was really that high, there would be a firestorm of complaints on the Internet.
On its way back to Amazon tomorrow and a new Aorus Master on order. I'm giving up on the Designare, 2/3 DOA and the other one dead after 8 months. Good job I don't need it for business. I wonder if anyone has any ready made SSDTs for it. Now off to have a hunt around the site to see what I can find. :cry:
What if the AORUS Master also fails to post? :)

Nevertheless, my Gigabyte Z490 Vision D is on pre-order. Hopefully it will be a seamless transition from Z390 to Z490 (but I'm expecting some bumps).

Back