Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

...Do you think that one day the Bluetooth of the MB will work in macOS? ...
That is the hope. The early version is looking promising, but nasty things might happen on dual boot systems where Windows and macOS install competing firmware onto the module.

Is there any version that works in macOS? It would be enough just to use only in macOS and not Windows.

How would I go about disabling the DP/HDMI Audio side of things in Opencore?
I'm having a problem when streaming to OBS or Ecamm etc. Have tried a lot of tricks and days to get it to work and now I think it's something to do with my GPU / iGPU layout.
The streaming freezes, been trying many things and seem to be thinking it's the AMD Radeon FE 16GB and my iGPU setup.. I have weird issues with the display loading up properly as well, black screens etc. I read somewhere in a thread and now can't find it about disabling the DP/HDMI - I don't need them so would like to try?
TIA
Some folks have been able to disable HDMI audio (not DisplayPort audio) by adding the following WhateverGreen boot argument -igfxnohdmi, which is described on GitHub as follows:
  • -igfxnohdmi to disable DP to HDMI conversion patches for digital sound.

Thx¡¡¡
I have a doubt,to check where is the existing controller fenvi in IORegistryExplorer HS11 or HS12,in my case i dont have Fenvi...
If you don't have a Fenvi then simply skip the steps related to HS11/HS12. Review the posts in the last 2-4 pages of this thread by @CristianP. You might face some issues if you boot Windows and then macOS.

How would I go about disabling the DP/HDMI Audio side of things in Opencore?
I'm having a problem when streaming to OBS or Ecamm etc. Have tried a lot of tricks and days to get it to work and now I think it's something to do with my GPU / iGPU layout.
The streaming freezes, been trying many things and seem to be thinking it's the AMD Radeon FE 16GB and my iGPU setup.. I have weird issues with the display loading up properly as well, black screens etc. I read somewhere in a thread and now can't find it about disabling the DP/HDMI - I don't need them so would like to try?
TIA

I had lots of issues with crashes when I first started with this Hackintosh. I tried blaming the video card, the cpu, the motherboard, the sound card... The end result was that XMP was the problem turned that off set the memory clock speed myself and have since not experienced the crashes. From time to time World of warcraft crashes but that is a world of warcraft bug with the Vega running at 4k. My wife system experiences the same crashes with XMP enabled but not in wow she has RX580. I also get strange crashes for no reason when I enabled the IGPU.

Regarding turning the sound off one way would be to get an external sound card like a creative Sound Blaster G5 or G6 and remove applealc.kext and turn onboard sound off in the bios. That should effectively kill all internal sound.

If you don't have a Fenvi then simply skip the steps related to HS11/HS12. Review the posts in the last 2-4 pages of this thread by @CristianP. You might face some issues if you boot Windows and then macOS.
i tested with airpods and works but the quality of sound its not good....i prefer wait to new version....thx¡¡

Catalina 10.15.4 requires special treatment:
  • Unlock MSR 0xE2 by following this procedure.
  • Create a new EFI folder by following this procedure (don't worry, your existing serial numbers be used).

Thanks so much for your help – apologies for missing the MSR post (this is quite a thread). Will monitor the thread more closely in the future, especially when updates are out.

Re: new EFI folder – I wasn't sure when during the process this part should happen. The OS seems to be booting fine without it, but I assume I should still revise my EFI on my primary hard drive using the new files, correct?

Back