Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Intel 10th Gen Comet Lake-S Desktop CPUs are available for purchase.

B&H:

View attachment 469214

Very interesting, selling processors that don't exist, or am I missing something. :):)

As far as I am aware, all 10th Gen processors are LGA 1200 but B&H are selling LGA 1151 versions, not just 1 version either, but 2. :think::think:

Okay, I would like to see if you can help me with my Z370 system. It's Asus Z370-A (the only one with Thunderbolt). I am currently running an old version of Clover on it, but could boot into OC 058, if needed.

I just purchased a Asus EX3 card to replace one that failed. I am using a Thunderbolt AML file to get it working and I can do some Hot Plug with the card and this AML file.

My TB shows up on RP21. I have attached my DSDT.aml (unopened by MacIASL or anything else), an ioreg file, Clover config.plist and the current TB AML file I am using.

Can you assist me, perhaps?
Just added:

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 11.16.32 AM.png

Please remove existing Thunderbolt SSDT before copying the new one from the Repository.

Very interesting, selling processors that don't exist, or am I missing something. :):)

As far as I am aware, all 10th Gen processors are LGA 1200 but B&H are selling LGA 1151 versions, not just 1 version either, but 2. :think::think:
They're still updating the website. Availability has changed from In Stock to Coming Soon. Even Gigabyte Vision D product page was not posted on the same day as the rest of the Z490 lineup. But it's there now:

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 11.23.10 AM.png

Just added:

Please remove existing Thunderbolt SSDT before copying the new one from the Repository.

So, all of the older TB efi, aml and kexts have been removed. Only the DTPG.aml file and SSDT-TbtOnPch-Asus-Z370-A.aml file. I'm just wondering if the two renames should be moved to Kernel and Kext patches -> BootPatches? Or are they in the right place?

"Alpine Mania" continues. I have tried @CaseySJ 's call to Method MMRP on the Asrock z370itx/ac and it works with a minor tweak. The FieldUnitObjects RPS0 and RPT0 that exist in Z390 DSDT's don't exist in Z370 tables, where they can be replaced with TBSE. This takes away the need to do the address calculation for the first line of the MMBA method. If this works for other owners of Z370 boards I'll edit the quick guide with updated instructions for Z390 and Z370 motherboards...

Attachments

• SSDT-TbtOnPch.dsl.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 64
I've loaded the newer DTPG.aml file and SSDT-TbtOnPch-Asus-Z370-A.aml file(s) and made sure all the older TB files are not loaded.

This is an older version of Clover (5103), but it boots Catalina and Mojave just fine on this system. Hot plug no longer works, but cold plug does. System reports under TB shows no drivers loaded.

Currently, the two renames are in the ACPI section, but still curious if they should be moved to the Kernel and Kext patches -> BootPatches section.

Thanks for all your hard work!!

Attachments

• patches.png
    patches.png
    448.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Please try the procedure just added to the Alpine Ridge repository (click here):

I'm using a call to MMRP() so please test and let me know if it works or fails. If it fails I can provide a different version of SSDT. Please ensure that any previous Thunderbolt SSDT is removed.
Doubled checked but Fails, System reports under TB shows no drivers loaded.

Hello the following is now displayed under Thunderbolt
Thunderbolt bus
iMac Pro
uid: 0x0000000000000000
firmware version unknown my Apollo Twin. We unfortunately not recognized.

I've loaded the newer DTPG.aml file and SSDT-TbtOnPch-Asus-Z370-A.aml file(s) and made sure all the older TB files are not loaded.

This is an older version of Clover (5103), but it boots Catalina and Mojave just fine on this system. Hot plug no longer works, but cold plug does. System reports under TB shows no drivers loaded.

Currently, the two renames are in the ACPI section, but still curious if they should be moved to the Kernel and Kext patches -> BootPatches section.

Renames are just where they need to be...

Depending on the version of OpenCore it may be necessary to add Table Signature --> DSDT to each ACPI patch. Latest OpenCore also uses Enabled = True/False instead of Disabled = True/False.

I'm becoming quite a fan of the latest OpenCore Configurator. It's getting better over time.

Back