Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Why do you say that iGPU acceleration is not working? In other words, what symptom or system report are you looking at? Have you looked at IORegistryExplorer --> iGPU@2 to see it AppleIntelFramebufferController appears as a child device as shown below? If this appears, it means iGPU is accelerated.

I can't find that entry at all, so that's interesting. Also, when I open the app 'MacX Video Converter Pro', it has a toggle/check to enable hardware encoding. It's enabled on my MacBook, not on my hackintosh.

Attachments

• Michel’s iMac.ioreg.zip
    774.2 KB · Views: 84
I can't find that entry at all, so that's interesting. Also, when I open the app 'MacX Video Converter Pro', it has a toggle/check to enable hardware encoding. It's enabled on my MacBook, not on my hackintosh.
Looks like Internal Graphics might be disabled in BIOS. It must be set to Enabled (not Auto).

Good to know!

If anyone wants to test:

1) With TB Device on, fully enter sleep and then wake. The device shouldn't reconnect.
2) Reboot. Device shouldn't connect as, in my case, it needs a shutdown and unplug.
3) Check IOResources.

I'm wondering if this only applies TB via card. In other words, if you attempt sleep and break your TB and it's simply fixed by a reboot then it's likely you won't get the same missing USB power info.

Anyways, the hope is that the next time someone attempts to tackle the sleep issue is that this is a useful clue.

Happy Mothers days where it applies!
Fellow Mojave user with a Z370 based system. I patched out and created an EC-USBX SSDT using SSDTtime and use UIAC to add my USB ports. I'm using a GC Titan ridge flashed with the NVM33, and pin 3-5 force power jumper.

Did some testing on this, and have no change on my EC, AppleBusPowerController when cold booting, waking from sleep or rebooting after a wake from sleep. It shows up exactly the same, and recognises an iPhone 11 Pro plugged in for charging.

1) Entering and waking from sleep shows no devices as connected on wake same as you. If I quickly unplug / reinsert the TB cable to my dock then it immediately reconnects and correctly shows the drivers loaded under the system profile PCI for the dock ethernet and audio.

2) Rebooting after a wake, without doing the cable unplug / replug also fails to automatically recognise and reconnect the dock when reaching desktop again.

It feels to me like the only thing I am really missing from having a pretty much perfect thunderbolt implementation is the reconnection on wake from sleep. The fact that the drivers remain correctly loaded by macOS and pick up immediately after a quick unplug / replug of the cable means the devices should correctly work if we can just get them to automatically connect again.

So I was wondering about an Issue my friend was facing.

So my friend got Z390 Designare recently. From my understanding the middle two SATA connectors would not work, if two M.2 SSDs are installed. My friend installed 2x M.2 SSDs. However, in this case he can only use those 2 mid section SATA connectors, but not the other SATA connectors.

I'm so confuzzled.

Has anyone experienced this, or am I just being silly?

hello do you know if this is the fake firmware for the gigabyte designer 390 and I can do this with SOP8 SOIC8 Test Clip For EEPROM 25CXX / 24CXX W CH341A 24 25 Series Flash Bios USB

1589213264728.png

s-l640.jpg

that's the file am i right?

So I was wondering about an Issue my friend was facing.

So my friend got Z390 Designare recently. From my understanding the middle two SATA connectors would not work, if two M.2 SSDs are installed. My friend installed 2x M.2 SSDs. However, in this case he can only use those 2 mid section SATA connectors, but not the other SATA connectors.

I'm so confuzzled.

Has anyone experienced this, or am I just being silly?
When both M.2 slots are occupied with PCIe SSDs then SATA ports 1, 2, and 3 are available. SATA ports are numbered from 0, so SATA port 1 is the second port, SATA port 2 is the third port, etc. So the middle two ports are definitely available.

When both M.2 slots are occupied with PCIe SSDs then SATA ports 1, 2, and 3 are available. SATA ports are numbered from 0, so SATA port 1 is the second port, SATA port 2 is the third port, etc. So the middle two ports are definitely available.

Thank you for your fast reply, CaseySJ. I appreciate it.

Back