Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I primarily use Clover to boot both macOS and Windows, but OpenCore 0.5.8 and the N-D-K fork of OpenCore 0.5.8 also do a great job with multiple operating systems.

Really? Strange enough, I had problems with 0.5.8 not showing Windows on x58. Now 0.5.9 doesn't show Windows on both, x58 AND z390. Never tried NDK though. I keep OC on a stick for testing purposes, still not satisfied though.

Really? Strange enough, I had problems with 0.5.8 not showing Windows on x58. Now 0.5.9 doesn't show Windows on both, x58 AND z390. Never tried NDK though. I keep OC on a stick for testing purposes, still not satisfied though.

I have NDK's version of Opencore and I am currently on 059, and I boot Mojave, Catalina, Ubuntu (20.04), and Windows 10, and they all boot just fine. I also had them all working on 058, but when 058 first came out, there were issues with Windows 10, even on NDK's version of 058 (because he adds only a very few small, but important changes to OC - meaning even this version of OC was susceptible to this issue with booting Windows 10 on OC).

The additional properties that NDK's version of OC offer I think were critical in my being able to fix this issue quickly and get them all to boot properly. The key properties to adjust in OC are in the Booter Quirks, and the property "Enable for all" (only available in NDK's version of OC). I have an X299 system and Z370 system, and I had to adjust the Booter quirks differently for each system, but once I had those set properly, both the Z370 system and the X299 system booted Windows properly. Upgrading from 058 to 059 was very simple given I had these properties set correctly. But again, my systems are set for NDK's version of OC only.

So, it can be done. People forget that OC still is a beta - a very good beta, but it's still a beta and in very rapid development, meaning lots of changes can come very quickly.

I have NDK's version of Opencore and I am currently on 059, and I boot Mojave, Catalina, Ubuntu (20.04), and Windows 10, and they all boot just fine. I also had them all working on 058, but when 058 first came out, there were issues with Windows 10, even on NDK's version of 058 (because he adds only a very few small, but important changes to OC - meaning even this version of OC was susceptible to this issue with booting Windows 10 on OC).

Good to know it isn't just me, or just that Revision.

The additional properties that NDK's version of OC offer I think were critical in my being able to fix this issue quickly and get them all to boot properly. The key properties to adjust in OC are in the Booter Quirks, and the property "Enable for all" (only available in NDK's version of OC). I have an X299 system and Z370 system, and I had to adjust the Booter quirks differently for each system, but once I had those set properly, both the Z370 system and the X299 system booted Windows properly. Upgrading from 058 to 059 was very simple given I had these properties set correctly. But again, my systems are set for NDK's version of OC only.

I always wished and still wish for those features in standard OC.

So, it can be done. People forget that OC still is a beta - a very good beta, but it's still a beta and in very rapid development, meaning lots of changes can come very quickly.

Nah, I never forgot that. Thats the main reason, why I still have it on a stick.

Just outta curiosity: I assume you used the standard OC, as well, right? Have you ever had some weird mouse "lags", like on the old Razer Orochi, paired over BT entering a standby state, whenever you didn't move the mouse and kinda had a liitle lag, when "waking up"? I'm having those, but only after a couple of boots with OC. After booting with Clover a few times it's gone. I already mentioned it somewhere in this thread. My keyboard and mouse are actually good Corsair products, but still (K70 Mk2 and Dark Core, I intend to switch back to Logitech in the near future).

Btw is it hard to convert standard OC to NDK and vice versa?

Good to know it isn't just me, or just that Revision.

I always wished and still wish for those features in standard OC.

Nah, I never forgot that. Thats the main reason, why I still have it on a stick.

Just outta curiosity: I assume you used the standard OC, as well, right? Have you ever had some weird mouse "lags", like on the old Razer Orochi, paired over BT entering a standby state, whenever you didn't move the mouse and kinda had a liitle lag, when "waking up"? I'm having those, but only after a couple of boots with OC. After booting with Clover a few times it's gone. I already mentioned it somewhere in this thread. My keyboard and mouse are actually good Corsair products, but still (K70 Mk2 and Dark Core, I intend to switch back to Logitech in the near future).

Btw is it hard to convert standard OC to NDK and vice versa?

Haven't used the standard version of OC in quite a while, actually.......when I tried it, it was working, but the incompatabilities with my two Asus boards and my four OS boot systems made it not very useful. I did not experience a mouse lag on either of my two systems, but I don't use BT much, so my experience on that issue on these two systems may not be relevant to your issue with mouse lag.

NDK's version of OC and the standard version are very close. For the most part, there are three main differences, all of which you don't have to enable if you don't want to. There may be others, but the differences are really small.

Two "enable for all" options in Booter Quirks and in ACPI Quirks (both of which do not appear in the standard OC release), and one that relates to the menu entries (under Misc). If you enable a menu entry, the system will always boot that entry first. Don't do this and the system boots using normal behavior. NOTE: If you want the OpenCanopy menu system, according to the standard developers of OC, you should only use the standard version of OC.

Uh, this may relate somehow....on my real Macbook pro, when waking, I do experience a lag (trackpad and keyboard) at times, sometimes severe, sometimes not at all.....so I'm signed up for the Mac beta (10.15.5 beta 4) just to see if Apple can fix this, as I hope it's a bug and not the hardware...

It's not just that I want a new UID. It is, that somethings not gonna work as described in the Micro-Guides. And I would like to know exactly why it sometimes work and other times it wont.

It's not just that i want a new UID. It is, that somethings not gonna work as described in the Micro-Guides. And i would like to know exactly why it sometimes work and other times it wont.
I just replied in the other thread.

Haven't used the standard version of OC in quite a while, actually.......when I tried it, it was working, but the incompatabilities with my two Asus boards and my four OS boot systems made it not very useful. I did not experience a mouse lag on either of my two systems, but I don't use BT much, so my experience on that issue on these two systems may not be relevant to your issue with mouse lag.

My bad, what I meant wasn't really clear: the mouse lag is comparable to the BT mouse lag. Mine supports BT but I actually use the dongle (like Logitech) because BT responsiveness is not good enough (worse when gaming).

But nevertheless, thanks for your insights. I'll give it a try, when I get some time to spare (with the Corona spread there's twice as much work to do like on Christmas, maybe more)

Back