Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I just took a look at your IO reg file to see if I can quickly help, but your card doesn't show up on an RP0X type of branch. Not sure exactly what to change in the .aml file for everything to populate to correctly have it point to your card. @CaseySJ will probably be of more help in that regard. You will need to add the 2 SSDTs for thunderbolt to be fully loaded, the DTPG and the TBTpatch and the follow the DROM mini guide to make a custom one for your system.

I have attached an edited version with a clear DROM to edit once the correct pathway is known and the DTPG to put into your EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
Okey, so lets wait @CaseySJ to check it :)

thanks @qthegaijin

Last edited:
Hey I've done a build following this guide once already, and now I'm trying to do it again with no success so far. I've tried two things. Installing mojave from scratch (unibeast), and secondly booting into a clone of my first build. Neither works both get stuck at the exact same point will post a screenshot. My specs on this new build are as follows, i9900k, designare z390 bios f9 (tried on the stock f7 originally no success with either), 2x 1tb wd blue m.2 (one for windows, installed successfully) 64gb ddr4 corsair vengeance 3200mhz(tried running one stick in different slots also tried using a lower speed), corsair 750 watt psu, nhd15, fractal define r6, i have an msi rx580 gaming x 8gb for hackintosh, and my gtx 1080 for windows (have tried with just the rx580 and with both no success with either). I don't have a pci e wifi bluetooth card for this build yet, i figured i would be able to load the installer at least without it, I didn't think it would be an issue, is this the cause of my issues? Only other differences between this new build and my other one is a different msi rx580 w/ no second gpu and 32gb of the same ram, oh also I mojave on a different m.2 the other one has a crucial p1 1tb but I haven't been able to boot into the installer so I figure this is irrelevant. I'm not new to hack this is my fourth build and I'm very stuck. Also should I be able to boot with a clone of my other hackintosh I cant find any evidence suggesting I can or not, I know I'll have to tweak some things to make it work permenantly at least. any help would be extremely appreciated. cheers

Have you unlocked MSR? Otherwise you will need non-native NVRAM or whatever it is called. Google this site/thread for more info about MSR/native NVRAM.

Here are my results before/after for this (Radeon Speed Boost for Vega 56/64, Radeon VII, RX 5500/XT, RX 5700/XT)

I did not remove Whatevergreen (maybe i should), and used SSDT for slot 1.
It works OK on 10.15.4.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2020-05-09 в 12.37.20.jpg
    Снимок экрана 2020-05-09 в 12.37.20.jpg
    578.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Снимок экрана 2020-05-09 в 12.29.23.jpg
    Снимок экрана 2020-05-09 в 12.29.23.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 102
  • Снимок экрана 2020-05-09 в 12.42.19.jpg
    Снимок экрана 2020-05-09 в 12.42.19.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 89
Hey I've done a build following this guide once already, and now I'm trying to do it again with no success so far. I've tried two things. Installing mojave from scratch (unibeast), and secondly booting into a clone of my first build. Neither works both get stuck at the exact same point will post a screenshot. My specs on this new build are as follows, i9900k, designare z390 bios f9 (tried on the stock f7 originally no success with either), 2x 1tb wd blue m.2 (one for windows, installed successfully) 64gb ddr4 corsair vengeance 3200mhz(tried running one stick in different slots also tried using a lower speed), corsair 750 watt psu, nhd15, fractal define r6, i have an msi rx580 gaming x 8gb for hackintosh, and my gtx 1080 for windows (have tried with just the rx580 and with both no success with either). I don't have a pci e wifi bluetooth card for this build yet, i figured i would be able to load the installer at least without it, I didn't think it would be an issue, is this the cause of my issues? Only other differences between this new build and my other one is a different msi rx580 w/ no second gpu and 32gb of the same ram, oh also I mojave on a different m.2 the other one has a crucial p1 1tb but I haven't been able to boot into the installer so I figure this is irrelevant. I'm not new to hack this is my fourth build and I'm very stuck. Also should I be able to boot with a clone of my other hackintosh I cant find any evidence suggesting I can or not, I know I'll have to tweak some things to make it work permenantly at least. any help would be extremely appreciated. cheers

Greetings,

If you want to leave the MSR unmodified (no native NVRAM) you'll need the https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/virtualsmc.477/ kext in your EFI folder. Follow all the latest instructions on running kexts, etc from the EFI and not from L/E. I've also enclosed the @CaseySJ's Define R6 USB setup. I'm using Clover 5119 which runs from the EFI. If you want to use the Fractal Define R6 patch I've attached, you'll need to go get @RehabMan's https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/usbinjectall.458/ kext updated by @Sniki.

UPDATE: 2020.07.09: I've reverted back to USBInjectAll 0.7.3 because v0.7.5 stepped on my Fenvi WiFi card, preventing it from working. After I rolled it back, everything works.

I've had nothing but problems running a Windows SSD attached during either the Z370 or the Z390 builds. I never have the Windows 10 SSD connected at the same time that the MacOS SSD is connected. Just my preference for stability. FileVault and SIP are disabled for now.

.AML files go into EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched, and of course kexts go into EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
Good luck, and make sure the right EFI partition (not the Windows version) is being selected at boot.
For the config below, you'll need to enable the iGPU, because this config is for a 19,1 setup. I don't use the 19,1 setup anymore, but this should work if you jiggle the magic number.

Attachments

• Clover installer Pane 1.png
    Clover installer Pane 1.png
    86 KB · Views: 67
  • Clover installer Pane 2.png
    Clover installer Pane 2.png
    42 KB · Views: 76
  • patched look. UEFI only -turn off CSM in BIOS.png
    patched look. UEFI only -turn off CSM in BIOS.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 77
  • kext look -everything is from EFI, not L_E.png
    kext look -everything is from EFI, not L_E.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 66
  • SSDT-Z370-RX580.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 72
  • SSDT-Z390_RP05-TB3HP.aml
    5.7 KB · Views: 75
  • SSDT-EC.aml
    63 bytes · Views: 85
  • SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-FD-DEFINE-R6-HS12.aml
    695 bytes · Views: 65
  • SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml
    129 bytes · Views: 74
  • SSDT-USBX.aml
    185 bytes · Views: 76
  • Other Kexts.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 71
  • config.plist
    9.6 KB · Views: 80
  • UEFI drivers.zip
    151.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
@CaseySJ @Elias64Fr

So my 4MD4KLB-B monitor has arrived and I have started testing with my gc-titan ridge-running patched Designare NVM 33.

So far, the early results are not good. Here's the hardware, and what I have tried:
2 Monitors- 4MD4KLB-B (TB3)/LG UltraSharp UHD (DP)
CalDigit TS3 Plus Dock (TB3)

Boot Attempts (Hardware Config/Result)

- One monitor- 4MD4KLB-B (TB3) connected directly to GC-Titan Ridge - Computer does not post
- One monitor- LG UltraSharp UHD (DP) Connected to TS3 Plus dock - Computer does not post
- One monitor- LG UltraSharp UHD (HDMI to GPU) --> Computer boots to desktop
- Two monitor- LG UltraSharp UHD (HDMI to GPU) --> Computer boots to desktop --> Hot plug 4MD4KLB-B (TB3) --> inconsistent success (2 of 5 attempts) But it was glorious when it worked!:)

What has been consistent for me since using the patched firmware- I have had to maintain a monitor connected to the HDMI of the GPU. Occasionally, I would see the computer post to the DP monitor (connected to the dock) but maybe 3 out of 10 times. I suspect that if I try the UHD (DP) monitor directly to GPU that both monitors will work, but I'm taking a break at the moment.

Any advice? Is it possible there is a configuration issue?

Three possibilities:
  • If using native NVRAM, MSR 0xE2 needs to be unlocked or we can temporarily enable these two checkboxes in Clover Configurator:
    • Kernel & Kext Patches: KernelPM and AppleIntelCPUPM
  • The EFI memory driver is not working.
    • Please post screenshot of CLOVER/drivers/UEFI
  • May need to perform CMOS Reset by following the procedure described in Designare manual.
    • Afterwards configure all BIOS parameters once again starting with Load Optimized Defaults
    • Unlock MSR 0xE2 if using native NVRAM

@CaseySJ have you had Any issues With the Radeon RX 5700 XT? Any compatibility issues with Catalina?

thanks?
My PowerColor Red Dragon 5700 XT has not had any issues since the day it was installed (i.e. long time ago).

guys, sometimes fails, also belkin dock falis,.. so im not clear with it.

Could you help me with the Thunderbolt DROM ?
im not clear at all what files do i have add in ACPI :)

thanks.
For now you may just add the two files in the Thunderbolt DROM micro-guide without making any changes. For test purposes this is okay. The guide for GC-Titan Ridge is located here.

Is there a working Thunderbolt SSDT for this board (GA-Z170X-UD5 TH)? Thunderbolt itself works perfectly with it, except for hotplug.
If you can post the firmware file for the board, we can adapt it. However, you can also try the files in the GC-Alpine Ridge micro-guide temporarily.

Back