Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Holy!! That is a great start!!!! Farther than I have been able to get in terms of it actually sending audio.
Couple more questions for you:

- When you hit restart server on the control panel does the unit still not show?
- Are you able to change the sample rate in the Apple Audio/Midi settings app?
- You are also using the latest driver which was released today!!! USB has horrible clocking issues over usb with that driver but it may have fixed some of the TB errors???!!

I will be able to do my own tests tomorrow (Saturday) with the latest driver over thunderbolt too!
Do I recall correctly that Antelope Zen Tour works on your Sierra or High Sierra Hackintosh?

Just noticed this comment. I could not disagree more....NDK's version of Opencore is superior to the standard version of OC. X99, X299, C621 users all benefit from it and need to use it's advanced booting properties. But even as it relates to Z370 and Z390 motherboards, 058 users of the standard version had no end of h$ll loading Windows 10 - and I did too, but because of the advanced properties that NDK adds, I was able to compensate easily for this issue.
The OpenCore Mini-Guide has just been updated with the N-D-K fork of OpenCore 0.5.8.

Hey I've done a build following this guide once already, and now I'm trying to do it again with no success so far. I've tried two things. Installing mojave from scratch (unibeast), and secondly booting into a clone of my first build. Neither works both get stuck at the exact same point will post a screenshot. My specs on this new build are as follows, i9900k, designare z390 bios f9 (tried on the stock f7 originally no success with either), 2x 1tb wd blue m.2 (one for windows, installed successfully) 64gb ddr4 corsair vengeance 3200mhz(tried running one stick in different slots also tried using a lower speed), corsair 750 watt psu, nhd15, fractal define r6, i have an msi rx580 gaming x 8gb for hackintosh, and my gtx 1080 for windows (have tried with just the rx580 and with both no success with either). I don't have a pci e wifi bluetooth card for this build yet, i figured i would be able to load the installer at least without it, I didn't think it would be an issue, is this the cause of my issues? Only other differences between this new build and my other one is a different msi rx580 w/ no second gpu and 32gb of the same ram, oh also I mojave on a different m.2 the other one has a crucial p1 1tb but I haven't been able to boot into the installer so I figure this is irrelevant. I'm not new to hack this is my fourth build and I'm very stuck. Also should I be able to boot with a clone of my other hackintosh I cant find any evidence suggesting I can or not, I know I'll have to tweak some things to make it work permenantly at least. any help would be extremely appreciated. cheers

Attachments

• screenshot of verbose hangup.jpg
    screenshot of verbose hangup.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 67
@CaseySJ have you had Any issues With the Radeon RX 5700 XT? Any compatibility issues with Catalina?

thanks?

Do I recall correctly that Antelope Zen Tour works on your Sierra or High Sierra Hackintosh?

I only had my Antelope Orion Studio rev 2017 working on Sierra 10.12.2 with the built-in Alpine Ridge controller. Any OS version above that has resulted in errors and no audio.

Holy!! That is a great start!!!! Farther than I have been able to get in terms of it actually sending audio.
Couple more questions for you:

- When you hit restart server on the control panel does the unit still not show?
- You are also using the latest driver which was released today!!! USB has horrible clocking issues over usb with that driver but it may have fixed some of the TB errors???!!

I will be able to do my own tests tomorrow (Saturday) with the latest driver over thunderbolt too!

When you hit restart server on the control panel does the unit still not show?
nop, nothing changes.
yes just changes in the device. so the connection is ok , but only if you change it in system. if you use the antelope screen, the system reboots xDDDD
good question, maybe ?

Last edited:
guys, sometimes fails, also belkin dock falis,.. so im not clear with it.

Could you help me with the Thunderbolt DROM ?
im not clear at all what files do i have add in ACPI :)

thanks.

For Alpine Ridge it's not strictly necessary to flash the firmware in order to activate Thunderbolt Bus. A properly configured SSDT-TbtOnPCH.aml can do the job for on-board controllers.

Is there a working Thunderbolt SSDT for this board (GA-Z170X-UD5 TH)? Thunderbolt itself works perfectly with it, except for hotplug.

I also tested the Belkin Dock on my computer once.

The Belkin Dock only works for me when I unplug and replug the TB cable after booting my computer.

Also, the computer freezes when I turn off my UAD Apollo audio interface. But this only happens if both devices are connected.

Since I only need the dock for my Macbook, I only have my Apollo connected to my computer and therefore no problems.

Could you help me with the Thunderbolt DROM ?
im not clear at all what files do i have add in ACPI :)

thanks.
I just took a look at your IO reg file to see if I can quickly help, but your card doesn't show up on an RP0X type of branch. Not sure exactly what to change in the .aml file for everything to populate to correctly have it point to your card. @CaseySJ will probably be of more help in that regard. You will need to add the 2 SSDTs for thunderbolt to be fully loaded, the DTPG and the TBTpatch and the follow the DROM mini guide to make a custom one for your system.

I have attached an edited version with a clear DROM to edit once the correct pathway is known and the DTPG to put into your EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

Attachments

• SSDT-TBOLT3-RP12-PORT7-GC-TITAN-RIDGE.aml
    2 KB · Views: 86
  • SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 96
Back