Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello @Olass,

If your UAD Apollo x4 Quad is working properly with GC-Titan Ridge, then there's no need to make any changes. But if you would like to experiment with "Thunderbolt Bus" then it's necessary to flash the firmware chip with an external device such as a Raspberry Pi or CH341A USB Programmer. All of the details are located in the Quick Reference spoiler in Post #1:

Hello Mr CaseySJ
Yes my UAD Apollo is working properly. But it is a little hotter.

I think a good way of communicating with Antelope developers would be as follows:
  • Complete the Thunderbolt configuration (Thunderbolt DROM) by following the appropriate guide in this thread.
  • Attach the Antelope, then reboot the system with Antelope already connected.
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and save the file: File --> Save As...
  • Grab a screenshot of System Information --> Thunderbolt
  • Grab a screenshot of System Information --> PCI
  • Grab a screenshot of System Preferences --> Sound
  • Then send the IOReg file and 3 screenshots to Antelope Audio engineers.
  • When you get their reply, please tell us what they say so we can help you with next step
Hello.
No, isn’t correct.

I have used ONLY a Gigabyte Titan Ridge Pcie Card un my both x299 and x299x Mobos.

both of them are without onboard thunderbolt.

In the X299x had worked 20 segs yes.

I have to complete also the configuration in the system . Maybe after complete it , works ? Lol

regards!

Would also suggest running this terminal command to see what the antelope driver says upon loading, it is what verbose mode will output when booting and include that in the message to the devs. :headbang: :

Code:
log show --last boot --style compact --predicate 'senderImagePath contains "Antelope"' --info --debug

Hello Guys! I have read everything. I have been these past 2 days with a lot of work in the studio.
Today Friday. iwant to test everything :)
It appears that is the case. I am tempted to snag a Thunderbolt dock to see if I get the same results as @srmusico .
Nope! i didn't used the dock to connect the Antelope Interface. I just have also a dock to test it shelf . But not to connect then the Antelope. (Also I only have 1 cable.)

BTW, I have bought a USB 3 PCIe card just to test jajaja. My drops happens all the time. And curiously in X299. In my other systems Z390, iMac, Macbook Pro,.... works fine.

Lets test everything. I will attach here all the info if is needed, just to test. then we can send everything to Antelope team.

Hello Guys, i have read everything. I have been these 2 days with a lot of work in the studio.
Today Friday i want to test everything :)

Nop!, i didnt used the dock to connect the Antelope Interface. I just have also a dock to test it shelf . But not to connect then the antelope (also i only have 1 cable).
Very cool. Here are some questions for you for your testing:

- Are you able to get the Zen Tour to connect again and output audio for the 10-20 seconds consistently? If so when it does connect please run the code I posted in terminal and save the output. I am curious if it has any errors but still connects.

- When you load up the Antelope Launcher app, does it show the Zen Tour as connected and can the control panel launch? Does it still show as available after it stops playing?

This is what my terminal output reads when the unit is connected but not able to pass audio. This is the same error that other users who have attempted antelope over activated thunderbolt have gotten as well:

Code:
Timestamp               Ty Process[PID:TID]
2020-03-06 17:26:02.124 Df kernel[0:197] (AntelopeUnifiedDriver) Antelope Thunderbolt Audio (Version:3.30 Build:901dc5c 2019-07-30/11:27): starting for device 1d4b a140
2020-03-06 17:26:02.327 Df kernel[0:1de] (AntelopeUnifiedDriver) AntelopeTBMessageChannel: max DMA stall 25
2020-03-06 17:26:02.327 Df kernel[0:1de] (AntelopeUnifiedDriver) AntelopeTBMessageChannel/207: error: Timeout waiting for DMA completion
 (once)
2020-03-06 17:26:02.327 Df kernel[0:1de] (AntelopeUnifiedDriver) AntelopeTBMessageChannel/440: error: Timeout waiting for DMA message header
 (once)
2020-03-06 17:26:05.040 Df kernel[0:197] (AntelopeUnifiedDriver) AntelopeTBAudioDevice/882: error: error getting device info
2020-03-06 17:26:05.040 Df kernel[0:197] (AntelopeUnifiedDriver) AntelopeTBAudioDevice/785: error: failed to read device info
2020-03-06 17:26:10.041 Df kernel[0:197] (AntelopeUnifiedDriver) AntelopeTBAudioDevice/924: error: no reply getting channel info
2020-03-06 17:26:10.041 Df kernel[0:197] (AntelopeUnifiedDriver) AntelopeTBAudioDevice/791: error: failed to read channel info
2020-03-06 17:26:10.041 Df kernel[0:197] (AntelopeUnifiedDriver) AntelopeAudioDevice::setPluginPartition() -- partition 0 -1 -1 --> 00000000
2020-03-06 17:26:15.041 Df kernel[0:197] (AntelopeUnifiedDriver) AntelopeTBAudioDevice/1011: error: device failed to return sample rates
2020-03-06 17:26:15.041 Df kernel[0:197] (AntelopeUnifiedDriver) AntelopeTBAudioDevice/800: error: failed to read sample rate ranges
2020-03-06 17:26:20.175 Df kernel[0:954] (AntelopeUnifiedDriver) AntelopeTBAudioDevice/705: error: error getting sample rate 0x0 0 0
2020-03-06 17:26:20.176 Df kernel[0:954] (AntelopeUnifiedDriver) AntelopeTBEngine/856: error: failed to set format <private> -> e00002c2
2020-03-06 17:26:20.176 Df kernel[0:954] (AntelopeUnifiedDriver) AntelopeTBEngine/856: error: failed to set format <private> -> e00002c2

** Update: Fixing Handoff, Unlock w/Apple Watch, Continuity Camera **

It's all working 100% now -- even Continuity Camera is back! What did I do?
  • Shutdown iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch
  • Restart iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch
  • Log out of iCloud on iPad
    • When iOS asked if I wanted to delete local copies of various items I said yes
    • Everything was on iCloud anyway
  • Log out of iCloud on iPhone
    • When iOS asked if I wanted to delete local copies of various items I said yes
  • Log back into iCloud on iPad
  • Log back into iCloud on iPhone
  • Then un-pair Apple Watch using iPhone, and re-pair the Watch.
Then on Hackintosh:
  • Logout of iCloud
    • When macOS asked if I wanted to delete local copies of various items I said yes
  • Reboot
  • Log back into iCloud
  • Then shutdown, remove power plug, wait full 5 minutes.
    • You may not need to wait so long... I was just doing other things...
  • Reconnect and power up.

Hi @CaseySJ It seems that my Apple Watch doesn't unlock my hackintosh anymore, nor it receives the notification to install an application. I had it working, but lately, it stops working. It's on the same WiFi network.

Any experiences with this?

Hi CaseySJ,

You have pre-ordered one, I presume? I am expecting a 40-page build description on May, 21 latest.... Haha!
I'll most likely place a pre-order in the coming days!
Let us know when you do... I'm itching to do so also :)
Things we do for the greater good... :)

Components: New

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D Motherboard with Built-In Thunderbolt 3 (Titan Ridge) Controller
https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-Z490-LGA1200-Thunderbolt-Motherboard/dp/B087GY811K/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=z490+vision+d&qid=1588950328&sr=8-1
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813145191?Description=gigabyte%20vision%20d&cm_re=gigabyte_vision_d-_-13-145-191-_-Product&quicklink=true

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 3.03.55 PM.png

Last edited:
could I just swap my catalina os from Z390 designare to x2999x aorus master and adjust parameter ? i know it would be better to start from scratch or i start scratch and use my time machine to restore my z390 catalina ?
Once you have created an EFI folder based on @dolgarrenan's guide for the X299X Designare, you should be able to simply transplant the old NVMe SSD directly onto the X299X motherboard. No need to reinstall macOS itself -- just need to have an EFI folder that is tailored to the new board.

Hi @CaseySJ It seems that my Apple Wacht doesn't unlock my hackintosh anymore, nor it receives the notification to install an application. I had it working, but lately, it stops working. It's on the same WiFi network.

Any experiences with this?
In my case it seems Unlock with Apple Watch expires after every N sleep/wake cycles and works again after a reboot. Is it the same for you? Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the feature in System Preferences --> Security & Privacy?

Ok I successfully installed Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.4 and Newer with an AMD RX 580 card. Everything works except the HDMi after 10.15.4 loads with dual monitors. The display port works; but my HDMI for the second monitor does not work yet it works when the machine starts up and then goes black after Catalina loads up. What could be causing this issue? Thank you so much.

Back