Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Happy to answer your questions:
  • Yes it's okay for Thunderbolt Domain UUID to change. But the UID is fixed.
  • iStat Menus might not display the temps, fan speeds and voltages correctly. Instead, please try HWMonitorSMC2 from CloverHackyColor on GitHub.
  • You're always welcome to contribute to the website using the Contribute button at the very top left of the page.
  • Thanks for your willingness to participate in future beta tests.
AWESOME!!!!! MY CLARETT 4 PRE is GOOD TO GO.
amazing work to all that made this happen. thank you for the clear guides!! @CaseySJ - there is some 898 in the beginning of the file that I had to remove - is it supposed to be there? the DSDTs? I've added the port7 and now have 40gb on the other bus channel. fantastic!

thanks, sent you a token of appreciation.

ITWORKS.png

Last edited:
have you tried EliasFr64's NVM20 version 1, in the repository here? I have found that it works for my Apple TB monitor (with a TB3 to TB2 adapter), as well as my TB1 Seagate HD dock. In addition to the TB display, the camera, microphone, and display speakers all work as well. What doesn't work on my machine is wake from sleep. But I think that is more likely related to the presence of the AR AIC or wrong configuration of the USB ports on the card. Rather than the modified firmware (sleep and wake work fine if the AR card is not installed).

Right now I'm in the middle of trying @dgsga's no-flash approach on my AR in the hope (probably false hope) that wake from sleep works using that approach.

I have tried all the Titan and Alpine Ridge flashes and NVM33 works by far the best out of all the Titan Ridge ones. Also, I think you mean NVM23 for the Titan. NVM20 V1 is for the Alpine card while I got video pass threw I did not get Thunderbolt Hotplug. To get sleep to work I had to remove the THB_C cable and Jumper 3-5 pin.

Also, are the camera, mic, and the likes over TB? or are they over USB?

Last edited:
AWESOME!!!!! MY CLARETT 4 PRE is GOOD TO GO.
Glad to hear it!
... @CaseySJ - there is some 898 in the beginning of the file that I had to remove - is it supposed to be there? the DSDTs? ...
"898"? Do you have a screenshot of that?

Glad to hear it!

"898"? Do you have a screenshot of that?

there it is... cannot compile with that first few things that is in the dL file - there are other things in there too that don't work "stock". I just started deleting until compile passed the test to save - did I delete anything important? lol - I can hot plug :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 7.42.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 7.42.48 PM.png
    512.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 7.44.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 7.44.34 PM.png
    174.9 KB · Views: 93
So, I've ordered another one from Newegg and this one is going back to Amazon. I'll see if the new one works. I'm still running Mojave and was going to try installing Catalina on an image for testing. However, testing it in Windows has me holding back on that until the replacement card comes.

Quoting myself here and reporting back about Wifi issues I had with installing a Fenvi T919 for the first time. Turns out it was, in fact, a defective card. If you hit issues while booting and the verbose output shows something like the image in this post. Then it's probably the card.

Replacing the card fixed all issues. Wifi and Bluetooth working just fine now.

there it is... cannot compile with that first few things that is in the dL file - there are other things in there too that don't work "stock". I just started deleting until compile passed the test to save - did I delete anything important? lol - I can hot plug :)
I just download the file from the Thunderbolt DROM Micro-Guide and it's perfectly okay. Are you using MaciASL from the acidanthera GitHub site?

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 5.51.42 PM.png

Is anyone still working on Antelope interfaces and Thunderbolt? I have the z390 Designare working great with my Apollo Thunderbolt. I am toying with the idea of buying and antelope to test with.
Sorry. No antelope news from my side.

@gandem and @scottkendall: thanks for your response!

Can I assume that the drom.aml file you're talking about is: SSDT-TBOLT3-RP05-PORT7-GC-TITAN-RIDGE.aml, or have I got that wrong? Drom is a section in the file, correct?

This is the file that must be adjusted for port 7 to work (in fact, I just looked and there it was!).

Thanks, guys!

AND, when you’re done flashing you can turn the Pi into a PiHole and Adblock your whole network. It’s pretty sweet.

have you tried EliasFr64's NVM20 version 1, in the repository here? I have found that it works for my Apple TB monitor (with a TB3 to TB2 adapter), as well as my TB1 Seagate HD dock. In addition to the TB display, the camera, microphone, and display speakers all work as well. What doesn't work on my machine is wake from sleep. But I think that is more likely related to the presence of the AR AIC or wrong configuration of the USB ports on the card. Rather than the modified firmware (sleep and wake work fine if the AR card is not installed).

Right now I'm in the middle of trying @dgsga's no-flash approach on my AR in the hope (probably false hope) that wake from sleep works using that approach.

Can you link me that SSDT? Built in Alpine Ridge here, and I’d love to give that a shot, too.

I've been looking at the specs and owner's manual. It's looking quite good actually...
I'll most likely place a pre-order in the coming days!
Let us know when you do... I'm itching to do so also :)

Back