Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Although it's possible to change only the model name without changing serial numbers, different apps might respond to this in different ways. In the past did your (a) serial number, (b) board serial number, and (c) System UUID remain the same when you switched SMBIOS name?

Most but admittedly not all apps only check those three parameters.
Ok, I will check that out. Did you check my previous post. Just trying to find out if there is anything else I need to do with my config.plist other than change my SMBIOS.

Im my motherboard bios my IGPU is enabled. I also have this output from VideoProcc

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 9.36.48 PM.png

@CaseySJ, thanks so much for your support. I was able to successfully install 10.15.4 without any data loss. Everything is going smooth with my Vega 56, just some slow wake up issues but I will look through your guide on that first.

I wanted to ask if there's anything specific I need to do before I put my Nitro 5700 XT in, or will MacOS auto detect the card and work okay?
We only need to check if agdpmod=pikera is included in Boot Arguments. Catalina will handle the rest.
Also, do you have a link/guide you can lead me to for changing the theme in clover? The new theme is really awful looking IMO but I can deal with it if it's a huge hassle.
Clover now includes a Theme Manager that's installed in the Applications folder. It can install and update over 125 themes.

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 12.37.53 PM.png

Ok, I will check that out. Did you check my previous post.

Just trying to find out if there is anything else I need to do with my config.plist other than change my SMBIOS.
Just saw the previous post. Have the apps already been registered/licensed with model name = iMac19,1? Switching to iMacPro1,1 can speed up Final Cut Pro, but the problems you described earlier are most likely due to something else (slow disk IO for example). Just switching model name is worth a try (i.e. without changing serial number, board serial number, and System UUID).

Also I would suggest temporarily disabling the two items below by checking the Disable column to the right.
Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 12.55.49 PM.png

Im my motherboard bios my IGPU is enabled. I also have this output from VideoProcc

View attachment 466931
That's good...

Last edited:
Ok, I will check that out. Did you check my previous post. Just trying to find out if there is anything else I need to do with my config.plist other than change my SMBIOS.

No matter what I do, I can't get Video Proc to show my Graphics Card, it just says N/A and I swear when it runs the test, the CPUs spike and not my GPU...

Your Image at least proves I'm not nuts, an AMD dGPU can be listed by VideoProc.

Hello @nifranza,

This is usually due to an iCloud or AppleID issue. Some suggestions:
  • Check if your macOS serial number is not already in use. Click here and copy/paste your serial number from About this Mac. If you see a red ERROR message then you're GOOD.
  • Sign out of App Store. From the Store menu, select Sign Out. Then sign in. If that does not help, then sign out of App Store and iCloud. Reboot. Sign back in.
Thanks, fixed!

Just saw the previous post. Have the apps already been registered/licensed with model name = iMac19,1? Switching to iMacPro1,1 can speed up Final Cut Pro, but the problems you described earlier are most likely due to something else (slow disk IO for example). Just switching model name is worth a try (i.e. without changing serial number, board serial number, and System UUID).

Also I would suggest temporarily disabling the two items below by checking the Disable column to the right.
View attachment 466940

That's good...

I disabled those 2 item as you said and switched to iMac Pro 1,1. Now I cannot boot. I get to the white apple screen and then my machine abruptly power cycles

I disabled those 2 item as you said and switched to iMac Pro 1,1. Now I cannot boot. I get to the white apple screen and then my machine abruptly power cycles
We can re-enable the Kernel & Kext Patches directly from the Clover Boot Menu, like this:

Select Options:
screenshot4_resize.jpg

Select Binaries patching
screenshot5_resize.jpg

Select Custom kexts patches
screenshot6_resize.jpg

Reenable the patches (your screen will look different from this)
screenshot7_resize.jpg

Then press Esc several times to get back to Clover Boot Menu and try again. If it boots, then re-enable these patches in config.plist.

Please post the original system DSDT like this:
  • At Clover Boot Menu, press F4. Wait few seconds. Nothing will happen on screen, but files will be quietly written to disk.
  • Then boot into macOS and Mount EFI partition.
  • DSDT.aml will be in CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder.
Thanks a lot for your time. Attached original DSDT dump from clover

PC03 / BR3B /SL0A

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    125.5 KB · Views: 62
Back