Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I’m seeing a huge gain in GB4 scores using this kext and ssdt.

@Casey have you gone back to using the SSDT?

I'm itching to try the kext however just weary of breaking something. And don't mind waiting till things settle down a bit.

I'm itching to try the kext however just weary of breaking something. And don't mind waiting till things settle down a bit.
I used it, benched higher. Made no difference in any video rendering app I tried though (Fcpx, resolve).

I used it, benched higher. Made no difference in any video rendering app I tried though (Fcpx, resolve).

Interesting. I was going to do some synthetic tests before and after (like Bruce, quick handbrake conversion etc). Maybe we should all get an air table going or something?

If you make a backup copy of the EFI folder (in Finder, select the EFI folder and press CMD-D to duplicate) it will be easier to return everything back to normal. Then go ahead and try the kext alone or in combination with the SSDT.

Hey all.

Taking a poll - how many of you are successfully using Catalina on the Designare with a >/= 4K monitor on any dedicated graphics card without any system freezing or crashing? As in, you’ve never had any issues at all.
My main system with PowerColor Red Dragon RX 5700XT on Catalina has never encountered such issues. And it's rather loaded with all sorts of apps and utilities, and huge media libraries.

Last edited:
Hey all.

Taking a poll - how many of you are successfully using Catalina on the Designare with a >/= 4K monitor on any dedicated graphics card without any system freezing or crashing? As in, you’ve never had any issues at all.
Very solid here. Catalina 10.15.4 with Dell UP3216Q and Dell U2713HM on Radeon VII. Heavy Adobe CC use and some 3D work.

Back