Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@faithie999

What a disappointment to lose your TB bus based on SLEEP failure, then have to go through that extensive restore procedure!

The following information is based on my Z390 Aorus Pro with a flashed GC-Titan Ridge AIC. Flashing was done per @CaseySJ mini-guides. I'm running fully updated Mojave 10.14.6, BIOS F11, Clover 5107, i9-9900K, RX-580 (headless), jumper cable between the GC-TR AIC and DP on the RX-580. Apple TB Display with the TB3->TB converter plugged into a GC-TR TB3 port, and the other LG display plugged into an HDMI port on the RX-580.

The attached Aorus Pro BIOS - TB.zip file contains three jpg files (BIOS-TB-x) with screen shots of my BIOS setting for Thunderbolt.

Also a file - AP_04_25_2020 - saved from my BIOS with my current BIOS settings. You COULD SAVE your current BIOS settings to a file (in the EFI partition of a thumb drive), and load my BIOS setting to see if there are any other settings that might make a difference.

Finally a screenshot of my Clover Configurator Acpi screen with a "Disable GPE.TINI - TB3 Slow Boot" patch that significantly increases boot time with the GC-TR AIC installed. Credited to @Elias64Fr . (Since you are doing a lot of rebooting!)

Are you confident that the flashing of the GC-TR AIC was successful? Would it make sense to re-flash the card if none of this information I've offered helps?

It seems that typically two seemingly very similar hackintoshes can act very differently.

Good luck!
thanks for your quick reply!
I will take a look at your BIOS settings in a few minutes. I'm alternating TB troubleshooting with several outdoor projects! I will also load your bios settings and give that a try.

I have the TINI patch deployed already. I removed it and the (bad) behavior is the same.

in your config, you mentioned Mojave. that is something I was considering trying on a spare drive. to fully replicate your setup, are you using iMac19,1?

now, one more interesting nugget. I don't want to cause NUC thread drift, but the other day after I experienced the wake failure on the Aorus, I booted my NUC8 with built-in AR which I flashed with Eliasv1 ROM. I connected the TB display and got the same results--no wake from sleep, and "no Thunderbolt devices" upon reboot using an HDMI monitor. so based on 2 data points, it is an AR phenomenon. on my list of troubleshooting steps is to flash the AR AIC with Eliasv2.

Thanks, although I am unable to send @adamsmasher a direct message. The IP I am unable to access the site from is 86.13.116.170 which is VirginMedia in London. Works fine for me on cellular data or through a VPN.

If it helps, I too am on Virgin Media in London and have had no problems accessing this site. I've been on it daily for the past 5 weeks (I.E. since Lockdown) as I've used this time to finally upgrade my Hackintosh.

If it helps, I too am on Virgin Media in London and have had no problems accessing this site. I've been on it daily for the past 5 weeks (I.E. since Lockdown) as I've used this time to finally upgrade my Hackintosh.
If you type traceroute www.tonymacx86.com in Terminal, do you see 86.13.116.170 somewhere along the route?

With WE on, DP works properly with a little drop in performance - about 6000 points (65000 vs 71000)

If you type traceroute www.tonymacx86.com in Terminal, do you see 86.13.116.170 somewhere along the route?

Not that I can see. Don't mind sharing my Terminal output with you via PM if you want?

EDIT: It's worth noting that I use Google's DNS servers, as Virgin Media DNS servers are terrible and have caused me a lot of pain in the last few years. Not sure if that makes a difference. Google DNS is setup on the Mac as I think the Virign Media routers no longer allow you to change the DNS.

Wow. GB5 score before RadeonBoost = 55128, after = 79567. Zoom. BTW, Using both RadeonBoost and Whatevergreen to keep dual monitor support.

Last edited:
My system can't recognize these two devices, can you help me see how to solve it?

Attachments

• 截屏2020-04-26 上午12.44.04.png
    截屏2020-04-26 上午12.44.04.png
    132.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 截屏2020-04-26 上午12.44.17.png
    截屏2020-04-26 上午12.44.17.png
    319.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 截屏2020-04-26 上午12.45.25.png
    截屏2020-04-26 上午12.45.25.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 截屏2020-04-26 上午12.45.46.png
    截屏2020-04-26 上午12.45.46.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 116
My system can't recognize these two devices, can you help me see how to solve it?
No need to worry about devices 0x3EC2 and 0x1911. Your screenshots are okay -- no problem.

Back