Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

There is an SSDT in there for the 580s, 5700xts, and the Vegas. Essentially what they are saying to do is to install the SSDT, disable the iGPU, and remove WhateverGreen (though some people are leaving WhateverGreen in and enabling the iGPU as well on SMBIOS 19,1). The speed difference is remarkable for my video card, and my Final Cut runs pretty well too!

Can you also make one for the Sapphire RX 570 4GB? And does this differ from the one in the start-post?

Hi everyone. I updated my Kraken to the latest X53, and it cannot be controlled with liquidctl. Is there any other way that I am not aware of? Thx!

Can you also make one for the Sapphire RX570 4GB? And does this differ from the one in the start-post?
I didn't make it, someone in the thread did. If I'm understanding correctly, they are injecting an AMD frame buffer and customizing the operation of the cards supposedly better than WEG is doing it.

Hi @CaseySJ,

[...]
Thunderbolt devices may not work until (a) they are hot-plugged, and (b) we subsequently reboot. Please give that a try.

That's what I tried:
- booting without anything attached. TB tree shows up
- hotplugging the Razor Core X. No effect
- reboot while still connected. TB tree shows up but no device connected
- unplug and replug. No change

FYI: System profiler shows a link status of 0x7 instead of 0x1 for the port that has a device connected to it

Hi @CaseySJ,

That's what I tried:
- booting without anything attached. TB tree shows up
- hotplugging the Razor Core X. No effect
- reboot while still connected. TB tree shows up but no device connected
- unplug and replug. No change

FYI: System profiler shows a link status of 0x7 instead of 0x1 for the port that has a device connected to it

Take SS of your IO Reg with the SSDT and one without the SSDT.

The behavior your explaining is the same behavior I get when I put the alpine ridge in the Second PCI-e 16x slot. Both the Titian Ridge and Alpine Ridge only work when they are in the PCI-e 16x slot running at x4 the bottom one. However, I notice that you do not have that slot on your board instead you have two regular old PCI slots rather than a PCI-E x4. While your board is listed as supported it does not look like you meet this requirement (Support by PCH PCIe x4 slot only). Maybe it has something to do with this since the slot you are likely using it is not PCH.

Last edited:
Take SS of your IO Reg with the SSDT and one without the SSDT.

The behavior your explaining is the same behavior I get when I put the alpine ridge in the Second PCI-e 16x slot. Both the Titian Ridge and Alpine Ridge only work when they are in the PCI-e 16x slot running at x4 the bottom one. However, I notice that you do not have that slot on your board instead you have two regular old PCI slots rather than a PCI-E x4. While your board is listed as supported it does not look like you meet this requirement (Support by PCH PCIe x4 slot only). Maybe it has something to do with this since the slot you are likely using it is not PCH.

I attached some screenshots. Strange that there are no attributes on Port5...
Thunderbolt 3 + USB-C was working with the original Firmware on Windows - devices don't show up there anymore after flashing the V3 firmware.

Additional note: Behavior seems to be the same - no matter if I use the TB-Header or Jumper cable. The mainboard manual mentions that the Thunderbolt card needs to be installed in the X4 slot (second physical X16 slot) right next to the TB-Header socket.

Attachments

• ioreg-noSSDT-NHI.png
    ioreg-noSSDT-NHI.png
    578.9 KB · Views: 81
  • ioreg-noSSDT-port5.png
    ioreg-noSSDT-port5.png
    305.6 KB · Views: 87
  • ioreg-SSDT-NHI.png
    ioreg-SSDT-NHI.png
    675.8 KB · Views: 84
  • ioreg-SSDT-port5.png
    ioreg-SSDT-port5.png
    279.9 KB · Views: 82
I attached some screenshots. Strange that there are no attributes on Port5...
Thunderbolt 3 + USB-C was working with the original Firmware on Windows - devices don't show up there anymore after flashing the V3 firmware.

Additional note: Behavior seems to be the same - no matter if I use the TB-Header or Jumper cable. The mainboard manual mentions that the Thunderbolt card needs to be installed in the X4 slot (second physical X16 slot) right next to the TB-Header socket.

Yea, after flashing it will not work in Windows. I assumed the second one was x8 not x4.

@CaseySJ has anyone confirmed they have a working CG-Alpine Ridge rev1? Mine is rev2!

Yesterday I tried to use the alternative Bluetooth kexts from "zxystd" according to the Micro Guide in post #18992.
I copied the two kexte (IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and IntelBluetoothInjector.kext) to clover/kexts/other.
The new SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V8.aml replaced by the V7.aml (in clover/acpi/patched).
The following boot arguments have to be added, as described in the Micro Guide:
uia_exclude=HS11
or uia_exclude=HS12
Try which argument you need! Without the hyphen sign"-" at the beginning! Otherwise the boot argument does not work.
I omitted the uia_include=HS14 boot argument because the V8.aml already inserts the HS=14.

My experience: Everything MacOS specific worked, handsoff, continuity, airdrop from my iPhone, sleep/wake etc.
When I started my hack today, he no longer found the Intel Bluetooth module in the system settings.
I suspect it is due to an issue that is mentioned and described on the github page or post #19096 (from CODYQX4)
For more information about this issue, please see the relevant page at https://github.com/zxystd/IntelBluetoothFirmware

Now I have returned to the original build, but have kept the V8.aml. I also left the Intel Bluetooth kexts in the directory clover/kexts/other, because they don´t interfere. I changed the boot arguments as follows:
uia_exclude=HS14;HS12
Removed uia_exclude=HS11 boot argument

Now the Broadcom Bluetooth connection (from my Fenvi FV T-919) is used again.
I left the V8.aml file in clover/acpi/patched so that I can test new advances in Intel Bluetooth kexts development from zxystd in the future.

Finally, I have a question @CaseySJ:
What is the file SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml used for again?
Can the NO-CNVW.aml file be removed if the Intel Bluetooth kexts from zxystd are successful?
Sorry for the question, but I'm a newbie in hackintoshing. I can't remember an answer under your post #1.

Last edited:
Back