Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Kinda had a feeling about that. Please try this:
  • Replace SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml in the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder with the attached V8. Save the original file so you can revert back.

Hi @CaseySJ ,

I have the Define R6 case (with USB-C at the front) and earlier used the SSDT you mentioned in the starting post. What should I edit in that SSDT to work with these BT drivers (instead of using the files you mentioned in the quote)?

Ouch, okay. Try the Process of Elimination by first disconnecting all spinning (traditional) hard drives from all USB ports. Then check whether or not the remaining drives are ejected randomly.

Hello @CaseySJ,after a while i tested all usbs connections and i have also changed the usb cables.....in mojave and catalina,and same problem,the system eject hdd ramdomly or when transfer data ,this is crazy ¡¡,so did in the new card pci 3.0 usb¡¡...(https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00HJ1DULE/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21)

What I do not understand,for example today i transfered with carbon copy cloner 500gb from hdd red nas 3gb to hdd red nas 4tb and in the middle i have had error,te system have ejected one drive.And after i have continued the transfer and it has not disconnected...this situation makes me desperate¡¡¡

I don't know if I do something wrong in the installation or I don't know....Remember the same disk in macbook dont have any error.

Before this MB i had z370 aorus gaming 7 with same disk and I didn't have these problems either...

if something similar has happened to someone...

Thanks for listening...

EDIT:Now i have connected only 1 hdd(seagate 2tb external usb 3.0)and after 2 hours its ejected without doing anything....
The other hdd (Western digital nas its not connected)

Last edited:
Hey Legends!
I'm an audio engineer about to start my first hackintosh build based on the z390 designare. I'm hoping to have a dual boot system (windows 10 and catalina) so i'm not sure how much different the process is going to be (need to read more).

Before I dive in to the hack build I was going to set it up for windows first to enjoy the computer for awhile before I go deep. Is there anything people would recommend doing, especially with hard drives when building the computer straight up? Should I set up any specific partitions? I will have three 500gig Samsung SSD's, one of which is a 970pro m2 which i was planning on running the OS from.

My current computer is an older (2011) mac mini server edition, so I would love to be able to drop the SSD from that machine into this new build and not have to reinstall all my plugins and programs etc, but I don't think that's going to be possible?

Anyway I will be following your guide closely when it comes time to set up. So thanks for posting.
You could back up the current system with TimeMachine, install on the new build onto a new speedy NVMe SSD (It will run circles around your current SSD) and then use Migration assistant (utilities folder) to restore to the new system. It should keep all of your plugins' serializations depending on the particular application. You may need to update some applications anyway if you're coming from a 2011 mini unless you intend to run an older system version on your new build.

You could back up the current system with TimeMachine, install on the new build onto a new speedy NVMe SSD (It will run circles around your current SSD) and then use Migration assistant (utilities folder) to restore to the new system. It should keep all of your plugins' serializations depending on the particular application. You may need to update some applications anyway if you're coming from a 2011 mini unless you intend to run an older system version on your new build.

Yes, copy protection of music software is going to be your main hurdle. Some software wants you to give up installs. In cornercases you need your Mac Mini for this. I don't particularly like iLok's and equivalents, but for this they are really nice

[deleted]

Last edited:
I've had two bad experiences with Migration Assistant where it overwrote system files from my backup to my newly-installed system, which Apple says it shouldn't do. anyway, I would suggest selecting Applications and Data files, and don't select Computer and Network Settings when you are going through the Migration Assistant setup.

Couple of suggestions:
  • Check if MSR 0xE2 has been re-locked. If so, unlock it again.
  • Try creating a new CLOVER EFI folder on a USB flash disk by following Step 1 of this guide, but skip the 3rd bullet (which puts the macOS installer on USB disk).
@CaseySJ, thanks, managed to undo CFG Lock again as yes it appears to have reset itself. Does it reset if I was to reset the bios on the board via pins/battery removal?
All worked okay and got back in to the Mac with all my files etc. Then did the CFG Lock via modgrubshell
However it's now giving me this below. I presume I'm back to ACPI folder and the .aml files but not too sure what to change or redo? Any clues greatly appreciated..

IMG_7719.jpg

Attachments

• opencore-2020-04-21-082117.txt
    256 KB · Views: 284
Do I need to set a headless Platform ID 0x3E980003? (my SMBIOS setting in OC is iMac19,1) And if I will need it, so how can I do that for OC? (your guide works fine for clover but will it working with Hackintool -> path... for OC too?)
If you followed the OpenCore mini-guide, then Platform ID 0x3E980003 is already set. Simply run Hackintool to confirm:
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 5.57.20 AM.png

@CaseySJ

In posts #18,992 and #18,999 you have uploaded SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V8.aml. Are these 2 different aml files or the same one. If different who should use the 1st one as opposed to the 2nd one.

Thanks.

Hi, back again. So I've learned the importance of a bootable back up haha.
I couldn't manage to get my drive back up from r5109, and had recently backed up via Time Machine, so I installed a fresh copy of Catalina.
However, I'm having trouble getting my PCIe Bluetooth card to work. I have SSD-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml in patched, and it's not listed in IO. My wireless keyboard and mouse work at bios and boot manager screen, but not in macOS. The Bluetooth option in System Preferences isnt showing, So something is up. that I can't figure out

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 8.53.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 8.53.20 AM.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 8.55.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 8.55.25 AM.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 82
Back