Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

On the config.plist that works, just add Boot Argument: agdpmod=pikera. It's likely the case that the working config.plist has AppleIntelCPUPM and KernelPM checked-on, which allows it to boot even if MSR 0xE2 is locked:
View attachment 463682
You were exactly correct! That config was old and had those checked and when I disabled those options again, it wouldn't boot, so I checked the MSR again like you said and it was indeed locked again! Not sure why Hackintool did that but now I know what to look out for. So now all is well. Thanks again! Appreciate you!

Great question. Z490 is rumored to support PCIe 4.0 so it will certainly be interesting to wait for the release. If there's a Gigabyte Z490 Designare -- hopefully with two DP-In ports -- then it may be too tempting to pass up!

Here's an excerpt from an article published yesterday on AnandTech.com. Where's the Designare? Is it the Vision D? "D" as in "D"esignare?
View attachment 463818

Looks like I'll be upgrading sooner than I thought (well, if Casey upgrades that is!)

Posting my Geekbench 4 scores below - Single Core 6138. Multicore 30528.

Are these comparable to what others are getting here? I'm running iMac 19,1

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 23.07.52.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 23.07.52.png
    183.8 KB · Views: 110
Hi @CaseySJ ,
Happy to hear at last we are getting native support for intel wifi and bluetooth. Right now I copied bluetooth kexts downloaded from given github page, but I am using "SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml". Can you help me change the aml file.
Thanks for the tremendous help all along.
Because feedback from this community can be helpful to the development of Intel WiFi and BT drivers, I'll describe how to install the Intel Bluetooth driver. But please log all problem reports with the developer on their GitHub site.

** Micro-Guide for Installing Intel Bluetooth Driver (Beta) by "zxystd" **
Please do not quote this micro-guide in its entirety. Post a link instead.​

User 'zxystd' has been porting the Linux Intel Bluetooth and WiFi drivers to macOS. Of the two, only the Bluetooth driver is ready for beta testing. This micro-guide describes how to install the beta Bluetooth driver. However, no technical support will be provided here. Please log all issues with the developer on their GitHub page.

To try out a development version of a native Intel WiFi driver, refer to the Micro-Guide here.

Prerequisites:
  • The Intel CNVi module that is preinstalled on the Designare Z390 motherboard should be present. Some users have intentionally removed the module, so those users should reinstall it.
  • You must be using USBInjectAll.kext and the custom USB SSDT. If you followed either the Mojave or Catalina build guides in this thread, you're all set.
  • OpenCore users can follow the same procedure below, but make changes in the appropriate places inside the OpenCore folder.
Procedure:
  • Download the Intel Bluetooth drivers from this site. These drivers are still in Beta stage.
    • Two files are inside the ZIP.
  • Mount EFI partition of the macOS SSD.
    • Copy the two Intel Bluetooth kexts to CLOVER/kexts/Other
    • Run IORegistryExplorer and scroll the device tree on left side until you get to HS11 and HS12 (under XHC). Determine if your existing Bluetooth controller (Fenvi) is attached to HS11 or HS12.
    • Open your config.plist in Clover Configurator and add the following Boot Arguments:
      • If your existing Bluetooth controller is on HS11, use:
        • uia_include=HS14 uia_exclude=HS11
      • If your existing Bluetooth controller is on HS12, use:
        • uia_include=HS14 uia_exclude=HS12
    • Fractal Design Define R6 case owners:
      • Replace your existing SSDT-UIAC-...aml in CLOVER/ACPI/patched with SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-FD-DEFINE-R6-USB2-ON-TB-V4(Internal bluetooth).aml attached below. Save the original file somewhere (e.g. your Documents or Downloads folder).
    • For all other PC cases:
      • Replace SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml in CLOVER/ACPI/patched with SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V8.aml attached below. Save the original V7 file somewhere (e.g. your Documents or Downloads folder).
  • Reboot.
  • If you find a problem with this procedure, please let me know. Support for that is provided!
  • To re-enable the Broadcom Bluetooth controller, simply do the following:
    • Keep the Intel Bluetooth kext files in CLOVER/kexts/Other.
    • Keep the new USB SSDT V8 in CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
    • But just change boot arguments as follows:
      • If the Broadcom Bluetooth is connected to HS11:
        • uia_exclude=HS14 uia_include=HS11
      • If the Broadcom Bluetooth is connected to HS12:
        • uia_exclude=HS14 uia_include=HS12
    • Reboot.
Verification:
  • To check if the new Bluetooth drivers are active, open Terminal and type:
    • kextstat | grep IntelBluetooth
  • Also open System Information --> Bluetooth and check if Bluetooth is both enabled and connectable.
  • Open System Preferences --> Bluetooth and check if the option to Turn Bluetooth Off and On is also available.
  • Then (a) delete an existing paired Bluetooth device and (b) re-pair the device.
    • Pre-existing Bluetooth devices may not work until they are deleted and re-paired.
Problem Reporting:
  • First read through the developer's GitHub page by clicking here.
  • Then check if the issue is already logged, and if not, carefully log it by clicking the indicated link. Provide sufficient background and description. Screenshots are always helpful as well.
  • As of April 20 this driver does not support any of the macOS Handoff capabilities.
Edits:
  • 22-Apr-2020: Removed leading hyphens from -uia_include and -uia_exclude.
  • 22-Apr-2020: Added instructions for easy switch back to Broadcom Bluetooth.
Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 3.33.02 PM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V8.aml
    885 bytes · Views: 304
  • SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-FD-DEFINE-R6-USB2-ON-TB-V4(Internal bluetooth).aml
    883 bytes · Views: 208
Last edited:
my Aorus Pro has no CNVi wifi, but the bluetooth in my NUC8 with AC-9560/BT5.0, using the beta kext, works fine. I'm anxiously awaiting a beta wifi kext.

@CaseySJ Hey Casey have a off-beat question. What is a basis PC that I could get that has average speed GHZ and reasonable HD capability that I could convert to a Hackintosh... this is for a friend of my wife's that uses it for Internet, Email and loading pictures ... no frills no spills as they would say ... can you direct me to one ... friend is fed up with Windows HEHEHEH

Back