Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I think I found the root cause of this problem in Catalina.
  • Kext Utility no longer works and should be avoided.
  • Whenever we add or remove a file from /Library/Extensions we should do this in Terminal:
    • sudo touch /Library/Extensions
  • Then reboot. When macOS starts up it will properly rebuild the caches.
  • This is only relevant if there are any Hackintosh kexts in /Library/Extensions.

I've always been a fan of using Hackintool (under Tools) to deal with L/E kexts and rebuilding cache.
Are there any (new/known) issues with that?

I have a Logitech MX Master 3 with 4k DP, and I, as well, noticed mouse stutters/lags!
I thought I'm alone in this. Do you think its related to our configs?

Yes, it is probably your configs: you both use 5700XT cards.

Both you and hitINdaGs should try removing WEG (and use patches or SSDT; I prefer latter as it correctly shows PCI info that the patch method does not). CaseySJ has link on page 1.

Both you and hitINdaGs should try removing WEG (and use patches or SSDT; I prefer latter as it correctly shows PCI info that the patch method does not). CaseySJ has link on page 1.

Call me blind, but, for the life of me, I can't see/find it.

The Apollo 8 has a TB2 card, and I use a TB2 to TB3 adapter to connect to the motherboard. I also just tried it with my mobile apollo twin (TB2 to TB3) and the computer isn't recognizing either. It is definitely something to do with the TB on the motherboard of the computer because both interfaces work completely fine plugged into my macbook pro.

I've been using the interface with the hackintosh for months now no issue, except that this has happened 2 times now with no explanation, and this time I can't seem to get it back online.

Also tried swapping cables and adapter.. no use on hackintosh

@CaseySJ so you can see this too
Very weird.

Just to clarify.. the only kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other for me are FakeSMC, Lilu, USBInjectAll and WhateverGreen. I delete the kexts specified in that post (that are in /Library/Extensions) rather than move them somewhere?
Copy them into CLOVER/kexts/Other if any of them are not there already, then delete them from /Library/Extensions.

Another thing. I tried to get native nvram to work under open core 0.5.7 but it seems really hard to get it right.
Anyone tried it? When I want to test it SIP kicks in and some how I do not manage to unlock that in OC.
The OpenCore mini-guide for this motherboard is already setup for native NVRAM. Please see this:

Call me blind, but, for the life of me, I can't see/find it.
It's near the bottom of the Sleep Aid:

Last edited:
You're right -- the UAD Apollo is not being detected. Please have a look at these posts from the spoiler in Post #1, and if the problem persists let us know and we'll find someone who can help further.

View attachment 463225
I followed the instructions and it worked! However, now my Bluetooth is saying it's not available. I have the Fenvi FV-T919 -- the WiFi works fine, but no Bluetooth once I followed #1. Tips for connecting.

Copy them into CLOVER/kexts/Other if any of them are not there already, then delete them from /Library/Extensions.

Hmm my system still works fine, but the update is still failing in the same way after following your steps from a few posts back (Although after pressing any key following the error, sometimes I end up back at the BIOS boot menu and sometimes I just get a black screen). I've quadruple checked /Library/Extensions for Hackintosh kexts as listed in that micro-guide, and definitely ran sudo touch /Library/Extensions after removing them from that directory and copying the ones to CLOVER/kexts/Other that weren't there.

Back