Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I don't know if that's it -- I've cleared my Applications folder but when I run the 'gibMacOs.command' I get the following screen

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 3.23.56 PM.png

Two versions of 10.15.4 -- neither one is more than about 3GB..... (they seem like updates)

the two 10.15.4 download(s) get files as shown below (the 96006 is the bigger of the two)

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 3.26.39 PM.png

The 10.15.3 is a full 8GB update....

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 3.27.50 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 3.26.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 3.26.39 PM.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 60
Does it happen with every music playing app or only a specific music playing app?

* If anyone has faced this problem before (choppy sound output from rear green jack which stabilizes over time), please let us know. *
With any app; I have also noticed that on Youtube, when the sound drops, the image also stops and then recovers the frames quickly to align with the sounds that starts again ... not sure if I have expressed clearly, but I hope so.

Maybe, useful for somebody:

I don't know if that's it -- I've cleared my Applications folder but when I run the 'gibMacOs.command' I get the following screen

View attachment 462455

Two versions of 10.15.4 -- neither one is more than about 3GB..... (they seem like updates)

the two 10.15.4 download(s) get files as shown below (the 96006 is the bigger of the two)

View attachment 462457

The 10.15.3 is a full 8GB update....

View attachment 462459
what happens if you go to the App Store and in the search field type Catalina
hit the down arrow in the cloud icon and the full version should download to your Applications folder.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 7.01.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 7.01.42 PM.png
    193.2 KB · Views: 79
@faithie999

Much to my surprise this worked (I saw surprise only because the main reason I'm doing a fresh install is because mac app store downloads don't work)

Anyway, I had to delete (rename didn't work) my old install image and then I was able to download via system preference pane.... It's a proper 8.2GB and I'm going through the flash drive prep right now so thanks!

(I will note that the 10.15.4 download does seem to be broken right now using gitMacOS)

Last edited:
Whit any app; I have also noticed that on Youtube, when the sound drops, the image also stops and then recovers the frames quickly to align with the sounds that starts again ... not sure if I have expressed clearly, but I hope so.
Does the choppy sound happen only when streaming audio from the Internet or even when playing a locally stored music file?

Hello all! Thank you @CaseySJ for you hard work and dedication to all us Hackintosher! I followed your many guides to make some updates to my Hackintosh: enabled NVRAM and updated from 10.15.2 to 10.15.4. So far, all is working fine! And yes, I made and maintain a bootable backup!
Thank you!
I did want to ask a couple of questions: Is there a guide for overclocking the cpu using the Gigabyte z390 Desingare? Should I just look up a YouTube video or do you know of one that is handy? As for GPU, there are tools to overclock my AMD Vega 56 card using EVGA Precision. Would those overclocks carry over to the Hackintosh on a dual boot system (Not that there's much Mac gaming)?
I'm not a mechanic and don't know how to work on cars, but this bad boy is my "hotrod" and I want to tune as much power out of it as possible! Problem is that I'm still learning my way around all my components.
Thanks!
Just as a side note, this link Is the best overclock guide I have found for a Gigabyte board and i9-9900K. I run a clean 5GHz on all 8 cores at 1.2v and never break 78 degrees even under intense prime 95 load.
I've added this link to the Overclocking spoiler in Post #1:

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 5.17.35 PM.png

Good point @CaseySJ

I will burn it on on Memtest overnight.

FWIW I rolled back to F7_n BIOS today and same results.

Last edited:
You don't have to do any firmware programming to use TB UAD stuff. 'No drivers are loaded' is fine, I don't see any drivers and last time I tried UAD TB stuff worked, at least when connected before boot.
Firmware programming is for people who want TB networking, eGPU's and more esoteric stuff.

I just have SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4 in Clover\ACPI\Patched and that does all I(and probably you) need
OK, to be clear on your reponses, I just need to follow the *** Thunderbolt DROM Micro-Guide for Gigabyte Designare Z390 *** guide, make my Thunderbolt entries in the SSDT shared file and insert into the Clover\ACPI\Patched directory?

Even better — yes you can. But change platform ID to 0x3E9B0007 in Devices —> Properties. Be sure to enter this in reverse byte order. Let me know if you need help.
My testing result turned out that my 580GPU doesn't support CSM disabling but iGPU can. After I unplugged AMD-GPU tried many times, my computer can't boot anymore only if with WIFI/BT card installed(so I have no chance to test further). But one thing for sure, my GPU and can't coexist with wifi/bt card. So I decided to continue using a cable broadband connection instead of fenvi card until I replace my current GPU and try again in the future. Anyway, I am so appreciated you help me with this!

Back