Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Does anyone know if the new firmware and bios updates have been released in order for the Apple thunderbolt Display to work with Z390 Designare out of the box?

Have you checked Gigabyte's web site? That is where they will appear.

Your Mac's serial number might be taken by a real Mac. If that's true, it will be necessary to generate a new one in Clover Configurator.

To check if your serial number is available, run Hackintool and do this:

View attachment 460463
Hackintool will then take you to Apple's serial number site where your computer's serial number will be automatically entered. Just enter the Captcha and see if you get this message:
View attachment 460464
Checked with Hackintool. Serial number is clear and unused. Any idea what else could be going on? Worth trying to generate a new # anyway for some reason? Thanks Casey!

Yeah, nothing new since 09/2018 on the thunderbolt driver page. Most recent BIOS update dates to 12/2019. I was planning on buying this MB to use my new Hackintosh and use it with my exiting Apple TB displays. Was hoping to confirm here if someone has tried in the recent months to use their TB displays with the Apple adapter. Everything regards this issue dates back to june of last year.

Happy Easter CaseySJ, thanks very much for your build and your help, your work for the community...Steve Jobs would hired you already since a long time

Yeah, I can't believe how Casey can keep up with all these volunteer tech support. I would definitely send him some beer money if he is up to it. I build my first real hackintosh from ground up due to his excellent guide.

Does anyone know if the new firmware and bios updates have been released in order for the Apple thunderbolt Display to work with Z390 Designare out of the box?
Unfortunately this won't happen. Intel already closed the book on it. Apple Thunderbolt Display is nice, but the world has moved on... :)

Happy Easter CaseySJ, thanks very much for your build and your help, your work for the community...Steve Jobs would hired you already since a long time
Happy (isolated) Easter! Thanks for the sentiment, but I think Apple probably does not like me! :) I do buy a lot of Apple products, so I can't be all that bad...

Checked with Hackintool. Serial number is clear and unused. Any idea what else could be going on? Worth trying to generate a new # anyway for some reason? Thanks Casey!
Some other things to check:
  • Did you switch SMBIOS recently?
  • Did you move from Clover to OpenCore or vice-versa?
  • Has your SystemUUID changed (in SMBIOS) intentionally or accidentally?
  • Has your Board Serial Number changed intentionally or accidentally?
  • Has your main Serial number changed intentionally or accidentally?
  • Does the problem occur with any of Apple's services such as iCloud, Messages, FaceTime, App Store, Music Store, etc.?
  • Or does it happen only with third-party apps?

Some other things to check:
  • Did you switch SMBIOS recently?
  • Did you move from Clover to OpenCore or vice-versa?
  • Has your SystemUUID changed (in SMBIOS) intentionally or accidentally?
  • Has your Board Serial Number changed intentionally or accidentally?
  • Has your main Serial number changed intentionally or accidentally?
  • Does the problem occur with any of Apple's services such as iCloud, Messages, FaceTime, App Store, Music Store, etc.?
  • Or does it happen only with third-party apps?
Nothing appears to have changed. And it only happens with 3rd party apps. All Apple services are still logged in

Nothing appears to have changed. And it only happens with 3rd party apps. All Apple services are still logged in
When a plugin, Dropbox, Google or other account issues the reauthorization-needed message, how do you get the message?
  • When launching the plugin or when system auto-logs on to Dropbox, Google, etc.?
  • Does the message appear in a macOS notification box or from the plugin or app itself?
  • Do you suspect some kind of malware or phishing infection where someone is trying to steal your passwords?
If you post a screenshot from 2 or 3 different apps/accounts showing the message, we can see if someone has any suggestions.

Back