Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

This could be true for the G602 mouse, but the Apple mouse is connected via Bluetooth. :think:

My keyboard is only connected via Bluetooth and of course the Apple mouse is connected too. (there is no other way).

Could it be the Bluetooth card (Fenvi)?
According to @rj510, both WiFi and Bluetooth performance of the Fenvi FV-T919 might be improved if we use these additional kexts:
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
  • AirportBrcmFixup.kext
  • BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
Attached ZIP contains all five. If you'd like to try this, simply copy all kexts to CLOVER/kexts/Other and reboot.

Attachments

• Bluetooth Kexts.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 89
To make life more complicated. :)

Native NVRAM is the way to go. Our aim is to make this build as reasonably close to a real Mac as possible. The NVRAM guide explains some of the specific reasons why we should do this.

I see your point. But technically I could run catalina without it?

I had issues with unlocking MSR, I thought BIOS was not that stable anymore. Once it blocked completely, and I needed to reflash it...You never had such issues?

I see your point. But technically I could run catalina without it?

I had issues with unlocking MSR, I thought BIOS was not that stable anymore. Once it blocked completely, and I needed to reflash it...You never had such issues?
Both of my Designare Z390 systems have been problem-free in nearly all respects. Never had an issue after unlocking MSR 0xE2.

Thanks. But I could run Catalina without unlocked MSR?
Upgrading to 10.15.4 may result in a “Bless” error in which the 10.15.4 installer is unable to select a startup disk. If this happens, you’ll have two extra or leftover macOS Install boot volumes in Clover Boot Menu. You can try without unlocking MSR 0xE2.

I had an issue this morning that may apply to the Z390 Designare build. (I'm using a similar mobo, the GB Z390 Aorus Xtreme Waterforce.) The TB chip was flashed with the modified Aorus Xtreme firmware. MSR is unlocked; NVRAM is working. Bootloader is OC.

I had no issues using a TB drive when testing this new build. Now that the rig seems stable, I connected it to a CalDigit TB dock and started noticing panic re-boots on shutdown (happened with both Mojave 10.14.6 and Catalina 10.15.4). Initially, I thought it was due to the latest changes in OC V057, but it was problem with a BIOS setting.

The panic re-boots only occurred when the dock was connected; when disconnected, there was no panic re-boot on shutdown.

On a BIOS re-set, I'd left "Wake From Tunderbolt(TM) Devices" enabled. If this is enabled and the dock is connected, there are panic re-boots. Once this setting was disabled, the panic re-boots stopped and the dock could be left connected.

Again, I don't know if this applies to the Z390 Designare, but if it does, hopefully the info will save time for someone else.

I came to upgrade to Catalina 10.15.4, and I updated to clover r5109 as that was the latest, and I think it broke my system, or maybe it was something else I did.
After installing, on r5107 it worked fine.
I was editing my config.plist to take out the port limit patches as I had them enabled still with an SSDT.
I replaced my SSDT V7 which had one port disabled, to the original one in your post.
I updated to r5109, and my system stopped working. Never seen this kind of error before, so I wasn't sure where to start.
I attached my config.plist and an image of all my kexts, patched, drivers files
Any help is grateful

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 80
  • Files.zip
    254.2 KB · Views: 71
I came to upgrade to Catalina 10.15.4, and I updated to clover r5109 as that was the latest, and I think it broke my system, or maybe it was something else I did.
After installing, on r5107 it worked fine.
I was editing my config.plist to take out the port limit patches as I had them enabled still with an SSDT.
I replaced my SSDT V7 which had one port disabled, to the original one in your post.
I updated to r5109, and my system stopped working. Never seen this kind of error before, so I wasn't sure where to start.
I attached my config.plist and an image of all my kexts, patched, drivers files
Any help is grateful
Does it still work with Clover 5107?

@yabusa, I have noticed that my hackintosh shows the same boot error. Today I updated my EFI with the newest kexts (AppleALC, WEG, Lilu, VirtualSMC, etc., with kext updater), Clover 5109 and the newest OCQuirks revision 22 driver from github. After I remove the OCQuirks driver and install the older OCQuirks driver revision 20 (from my rescue USB-stick) on my hackintosh started without any failure. But there's one (cosmetic) thing in the Cover boot menu since I installed clover 5109: my customized theme icons no longer displayed in the boot menu. Now the standard icons of the installed theme are shown instead.

Back