Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

In my system information - Under PCi section Intel UHD Graphics 630 (desktop 9 series) is present (is this normal?) but in graphics/displays section my RX 580 is shown and its details
Pls check the attached pic

Attachments

• 15863552274782055236177514616412.jpg
    15863552274782055236177514616412.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 63
In my system information - Under PCi section Intel UHD Graphics 630 (desktop 9 series) is present (is this normal?) but in graphics/displays section my RX 580 is shown and its details
  • Please post screenshots by pressing CMD-SHIFT-5.
  • If it's necessary to take a camera photo, please resize the photo down to about 1024 pixels in either X or Y direction. We want to avoid posting 4 or 5 MB files.

@CaseySJ why was it decided to drop support for n-d-k OC builds? I quite liked their solution for dual booting Windows
It's just a matter of time management and priorities. OpenCore evolves quickly and parameter names get changed frequently. OpenCore is in Alpha stage (version number begins with 0.x.y) and I do not want to encourage widespread adoption at this time.

In Clover we can modify many aspects of config.plist right from the Clover Boot Menu, which is a significant boon for troubleshooting. This alone tips the balance significantly in favor of Clover. Try to see this from my point of view. If you had to support a large community of users, would you prescribe Clover or OpenCore?

It would be kind of crazy to prescribe OpenCore (for large numbers of people), much less two flavors of OpenCore. This is why the first sentence in the OpenCore Mini-Guide states, "Do not do this if you're new to Hackintoshing." However, experienced users can support n-d-k OpenCore by themselves.
I've reconsidered my earlier decision and updated the OpenCore 0.5.7 Mini-Guide with both standard and N-D-K versions of OpenCore.
  • Standard Acidanthera version is currently configured to use text-mode picker.
    • Because of the following Warning on Page 51/52 of the OpenCore Configuration PDF, will wait a little longer before enabling OpenCanopy graphical picker.
      Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 7.26.05 AM.png
  • N-D-K version uses a graphical picker. (The image below is of my curved AOC monitor.)
    IMG_1222_resize.jpg

To make life more complicated. :)

Native NVRAM is the way to go. Our aim is to make this build as reasonably close to a real Mac as possible. The NVRAM guide explains some of the specific reasons why we should do this.
I agree. Native is the way to go. I will say that since doing this, my board became much more finicky memmap wise. I had to dial back some things in the bios to get consistent booting. I’m just trying to understand it... does unlocking the MSR to enable native NVRAM steal available space in the memmap? Then this increases the chances of getting allocation errors on boot?
The OC-Quirks development seems to have picked up quite a bit here lately. Looks like some new parameters are in play. Have you had time to test any of these yet?

I agree. Native is the way to go. I will say that since doing this, my board became much more finicky memmap wise. I had to dial back some things in the bios to get consistent booting. I’m just trying to understand it... does unlocking the MSR to enable native NVRAM steal available space in the memmap? Then this increases the chances of getting allocation errors on boot?
The OC-Quirks development seems to have picked up quite a bit here lately. Looks like some new parameters are in play. Have you had time to test any of these yet?
At the bottom of the Catalina 10.15.4 Mini-Guide you'll find Revision 20.1 of OcQuirks as a separate ZIP file. The OpenCore Mini-Guide has also been updated (see post directly above).

Yes perfectly normal.

Yes perfectly normal.
Ok glad to know that.
Renamed the RX 580 to AMD Rx 580 and Intel UHD 630 to UHD 630.
Now in my VideoProc settings AMD RX 580 is shown with H.264 and HEVC accelerations enabled....thanks a lot for your guiding.
I would like to help this site's work by donating what i can, Where can i do so?.

DESIGNARE-Z390-NVM33-Elias64Fr.bin and designare_z390_tb3_rom_1-Elias64Fr-Mod.bin have the same checksum, so they’re identical, right?

Ok glad to know that.
Renamed the RX 580 to AMD Rx 580 and Intel UHD 630 to UHD 630.
Now in my VideoProc settings AMD RX 580 is shown with H.264 and HEVC accelerations enabled....thanks a lot for your guiding.
I would like to help this site's work by donating what i can, Where can i do so?.
Glad it worked! You're welcome to contribute by clicking the Contribute button at the very top left of the web page.

DESIGNARE-Z390-NVM33-Elias64Fr.bin and designare_z390_tb3_rom_1-Elias64Fr-Mod.bin have the same checksum, so they’re identical, right?
Correct.

Back