Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I am actually really amazed at just how well the firmware and SSDT seems to be working. I know other users had reported that only slot 1 worked or the USB didn't seem to, but so far other than needing to do an unplug / replug everything seems to be working.
Yes, to borrow a song lyric from The Carpenters: :)

"I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find"
If the "Slot-4" in PCI is merely cosmetic is this something that could be removed from the SSDT completely and instead populated using Hackintool and Clover, Devices? Or do you think it would be better to change "Slot-4" for the correct PCI address? Did everything from the screenshots and IOReg I uploaded look correct to you?
Yes "Slot-4" can be removed from PCI and moved to Clover Configurator, but that adds complexity to the setup. Because it's cosmetic, we just leave it as-is or modify the .AML file (we need to modify .AML anyway to change ThunderboltDROM UID).

Your screenshots look perfectly fine. No issues.
Are you using the NVM23 firmware on your GC-TitanRidge or the NVM43? I also see some people have flashed them with the Designare NVM33 but I figured the NVM23 would be best place to start!
I've tried NVM23, NVM43, Designare NVM33, and someone's private version of NVM43. All them have similar types of issues with hot plug and USB-C and sleep/wake. The quest for a "reasonably perfect" patch for add-in-cards continues.

My Mojave Drive disappeared in the middle of use, then I went to restarted and verbose listed corruption, is this possible faulty hardware or something on the clover end?

If you're contemplating a reinstallation, it would be better to install 10.15.3 because the problem did not exist there (per your earlier post).

Have you already tried bringing the mice close to the antenna/USB-transceiver?

"Have you already tried bringing the mice close to the antenna/USB-transceiver?":
My hackintosh is about 60cm away from my mouse, so it's right next to me :)

I just disabled and restarted "IOAPIC 24-119 Entries" in the BIOS, then immediately enabled it again in the BIOS. After that I restarted again and started up with macOS. The problem occurs only very rarely now.

I don't know if it was useful or not, but it definitely did something.

I have one more question: does a "new installation" do anything if I don't format the SSD, but just install it over it, or is it a duty to format the SSD before?

Last edited:
I just disabled and restarted "IOAPIC 24-119 Entries" in the BIOS, then immediately enabled it again in the BIOS. After that I restarted again and started up with macOS. The problem occurs only very rarely now.

I have one more question: does a "new installation" do anything if I don't format the SSD, but just install it over it, or is it a duty to format the SSD before?
Did you let the machine boot to the OS with it disabled, and then restart again with it re-enabled?

Did you let the machine boot to the OS with it disabled, and then restart again with it re-enabled?

No, I make this:
start -> BIOS -> disabled -> restart -> BIOS -> enabled again -> restart -> start macOS

Should I boot with the setting "disable" in macOS?

No, I make this:
start -> BIOS -> disabled -> restart -> BIOS -> enabled again -> restart -> start macOS

Should I boot with the setting "disable" in macOS?
That’s what I did.

Apparently, the OS will also adjust depending on this setting. It affects how the PCH lanes are managed, and also supposedly the timings and latencies of the graphics and other PCI-E devices. I’m no expert on that though.

Is this happening on 10.15.4? If so, do the symptoms match the description here?

Hi @CaseySJ,

I'm on 10.15.3 right now (fresh install from about a week ago) and upgraded to the latest Lilu, WG and AppleALC from yesterday.

Interesting post. I am using SoftRAID but was not doing any transfers during either of the lockups.

But I WILL avoid moving to 10.15.4 until SoftRAID and Apple get a fix. Thank you for sharing!

The issue I'm seeing has a ton of threads all over but no one seems to have figured it out. on 10.15.x. Almost doesn't matter for some reason :(

Lam

At the top of the 10.15.4 mini-guide I've posted a link to a MacRumors article that describes a system crash problem that many real Mac owners are experiencing. It might be a good idea to wait for a 10.15.4 hot fix.
Must have missed the addition when I read it thru the first time, appreciate the heads up @CaseySJ guess that means ill be holding off until a fix is generated or 10.15.5 is released.

I installed the new Lilu/WhateverGreen/AppleALC/VirtualSMC that were released yesterday. I was unable to fully boot until I reverted the VirtualSMC to the previous version.

The message in verbose was busy timeout for AppleACPICPU

Any clue as to what I need to do to keep up with VirtualSMC?

Running 10.14.6

Thankfully it had booted far enough to SSH in, but black screen locally.

Thanks!

"Have you already tried bringing the mice close to the antenna/USB-transceiver?":
My hackintosh is about 60cm away from my mouse, so it's right next to me :)

If we apply Piker Alpha's patch, we may not need to modify the BIOS setting. I have not tested this so buyer beware!
XML:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>        
<array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Skylake AppleAPIC Patch (c) Pike R. Alpha</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                wegQD7bw
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleAPIC</string>