Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I'm wondering if that's normal behavior. It look as if a Maintenance Wake takes place every 2 hours or so to adjust the clock? Have you checked sleep log on a real Mac after all-night-sleep?

Yeah I don't seem to get those on real mac -- I only have a MacBook pro to check on though.

What I have noticed on my hackintosh is that I always get 2 of the XDCI codes as soon as my computer goes to sleep - not sure if it is the same as you, meaning if I actually force it to sleep and wait for the fans go off -- at that exact time is when that code gets logged for me twice

I have also turned off both of the 'Set time/time zone automatically' and the codes still come up on the log as well

Last edited:
I'm wondering if that's normal behavior. It looks as if a Maintenance Wake takes place every 2 hours or so to adjust the clock? Maybe this happens because my Date & Time and Time Zone are set automatically?
View attachment 458635View attachment 458636

Have you checked sleep log on a real Mac after all-night-sleep?

This is just a list of all the PCH/PCI port/slot names in DSDT.
  • Are you using a modified DSDT?
  • Also check all ACPI name changes (such as "HDAS to HDEF", etc.) to be sure that nothing unusual is present.

By modified DSDT, are you referring to a USBMAP kext? if so, then yes I created my own usbmap. I believe it should be correct, but is that something that you could verify for me? also what do you mean by the second bullet to check ACPI names?

Okay, at the Clover Boot Menu change your entire Boot Argument line to this:

dart=0 slide=0 shikigva=16

These changes will not be saved in the config.plist, but let's see if the system will boot... Then we can make some changes to your config.plist.

Same error screen as before with these arguments.

Attachments

• photo_2020-03-31_17-14-10.jpg
    photo_2020-03-31_17-14-10.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 88
  • photo_2020-03-31_17-21-32.jpg
    photo_2020-03-31_17-21-32.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 85
By modified DSDT, are you referring to a USBMAP kext? if so, then yes I created my own usbmap. I believe it should be correct, but is that something that you could verify for me? also what do you mean by the second bullet to check ACPI names?
USB Maps certainly affect sleep/wake. After all, most HID Wake events are caused by a mouse or keyboard, which in turn are mostly USB and sometimes Bluetooth. (HID = Human Interface Device.)

I can certainly test your USB map kext.

But let's ask the fundamental question at this point:
  • Maintenance wake events tend to last for under 3 seconds and the system goes back to sleep immediately.
  • So:
    • Is this a "problem"?
    • Is this worth investigating?
  • In other words, what is the fundamental harm or inconvenience being caused?

Same error screen as before with these arguments.
Okay, at Clover Boot Menu press F11 to clear NVRAM (and use the new Boot Arguments from my last post). You will not get any acknowledgement that NVRAM has been cleared, so just press F11. Try to boot once more.

If that fails, we have to go Plan C, which I will mention next.

By the way, are you running Clover 5107/5108? Press A at the Clover Boot Menu to find out.

USB Maps certainly affect sleep/wake. After all, most HID Wake events are caused by a mouse or keyboard, which in turn are mostly USB and sometimes Bluetooth. (HID = Human Interface Device.)

I can certainly test your USB map kext.

But let's ask the fundamental question at this point:
  • Maintenance wake events tend to last for under 3 seconds and the system goes back to sleep immediately.
  • So:
    • Is this a "problem"?
    • Is this worth investigating?
  • In other words, what is the fundamental harm or inconvenience being caused?

most of the errors do not bother me, however,
(AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: PEG1 PEGP PEG2 PEGP PXSX RP03 PXSX RP06 PXSX RP07 PXSX RP08 PXSX PXSX RP10 PXSX RP11 PXSX RP12 PXSX RP13 PXSX RP14 PXSX RP15 P
is a constant error that occurs multiple times every hour and wakes it up each time. It's more of a headache for me above anything.

I attached my own USBMAP kext, but is the USBMAP and DSDT different? If they are different, not sure which would be causing this error

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext
    512 bytes · Views: 100
Okay, at Clover Boot Menu press F11 to clear NVRAM (and use the new Boot Arguments from my last post). You will not get any acknowledgement that NVRAM has been cleared, so just press F11. Try to boot once more.

If that fails, we have to go Plan C, which I will mention next.

By the way, are you running Clover 5107/5108? Press A at the Clover Boot Menu to find out.
F11 didn't make any difference with both sets of boot arguments.
I'm running Clover 5107.
Ready for plan C :)

F11 didn't make any difference with both sets of boot arguments.
I'm running Clover 5107.
Ready for plan C :)
Plan C:
  • Find a spare USB flash disk or use an existing USB install disk.
  • If using a new USB flash disk, format the disk in Disk Utility:
    • Name: Boot Test
    • Format: MacOS Extended (Journaled)
    • Scheme: GUID Partition Map
  • Mount EFI partition of the USB flash disk.
  • If there's an EFI folder in the EFI partition, rename the EFI folder to something else, such as EFI-OLD.
  • Follow Preparation and Step 1 of the Catalina 10.15.4 Mini-Guide except for the 3rd bullet of Step 1 (3rd bullet copies macOS installer to the USB disk, which we don't want).
  • Download the ZIP file from the same Catalina Mini-Guide. You will find 2 config files there:
    • config-IGPU.plist
    • config-AMD-GPU.plist
  • Ignore the first one. Instead, copy your existing RtVariables and SMBIOS sections into config-AMD-GPU.plist. You can use a text editor like BBEdit or a Plist Editor such as ProperTree to copy those two sections.
  • Then rename config-AMD-GPU.plist --> config.plist.
  • Remember to follow the other instruction in Step 1 of Catalina 10.15.4 Mini-Guide, including copying drivers, kexts, and ACPI files from the ZIP to the new CLOVER folder.
  • Then boot from the USB flash disk by pressing F12 at BIOS splash screen and choosing the USB disk.
  • At Clover Boot Menu, select the normal option to boot into macOS.
  • Does it work?

Last edited:
Mojave, Raedon VII, Fresh Install
What Boot Arguments are you using in config.plist. You may post a screenshot of Clover Configurator --> Boot (after opening config.plist). If you're using any shikigva value, change it to 16.

Back