Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello everyone, I'm having a minor issue: I keep losing Bluetooth when upgrading from USB-inject-all 0.7.3 to 0.7.5. Rolling back to 0.7.3 fixes the issue. But this seems weird. Is there anything I'm missing here?
Hi @CaseySJ, how are you? Do you have any clue to this?

Hi @CaseySJ, how are you? Do you have any clue to this?
Let's try this:
  • Install 0.7.3, run IORegistryExplorer and post screenshot of XHC section.
  • Install 0.7.5, post same screenshot.

@mango1122,

In the Thunderbolt DROM micro-guide for ASRock Z390 ITX/ac I assumed that the Thunderbolt firmware is on a Winbond W25Q80DV. Can you please confirm?

My ASRock Z390 ITX uses a Macronix MX25L8006E (there are 2 on the back of this mobo as described here).

Apollo x16 with Apollo Twin Mk2 confirmed fully functional with flashed EX3 :)

10 cores of UAD DSP with my PCIe UAD card. Rock on White Snake.

Have you tried CMOS Reset? This has all the indications...
I did, I did a complete UEFI reset by shorting the pins and rebuilding from scratch. Did this right after updating to F9b. I'm going to try rebuilding my EFI on a brand new clean USB stick and see if this has any effect.

Update: Well this had no effect, still hanging at the Logo... it's really strange

Last edited:
@CaseySJ it's so good seeing the repository and DROM guides growing. Great work here!

I have a new Apollo x16 coming in today and I'm going to test daisy chaining it with my Apollo Twin mk2. I'm not sure if thats been confirmed yet but I see no reason for it not to work. Exciting!

I've been running an Apollo x8p daisy chained to an octo satellite daisy chained to an Apollo Twin MkII on an unmodified Designare board for some time now with zero issues, you should be good to go!

I've been running an Apollo x8p daisy chained to an octo satellite daisy chained to an Apollo Twin MkII on an unmodified Designare board for some time now with zero issues, you should be good to go!

Lovely!

Hi @CaseySJ

Before I buy this motherboard I just want to check, does everything work once installed? So things like sleep, audio after sleep, full hardware and gpu acceleration etc?

This is going to be the most expensive motherboard I’ve ever purchased, and your guide is one of the few on the golden build section that has a motherboard you can still buy brand new.
Thanks

Hi @CaseySJ

Before I buy this motherboard I just want to check, does everything work once installed? So things like sleep, audio after sleep, full hardware and gpu acceleration etc?

This is going to be the most expensive motherboard I’ve ever purchased, and your guide is one of the few on the golden build section that has a motherboard you can still buy brand new.
Thanks

Mine works a treat, no problems with anything.

Back