Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

There is a Python-based macOS-compatible utility called liquidctl. I'm using it for my NZXT Kraken X52. It is compatible with the H115i. But I'm not sure whether fan/pump control is the real issue, or whether it's a matter of thermal paste and/or mounting pressure.

Installing it on macOS is quite easy:
  • Install Homebrew:
Code:
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install.sh)"
  • Then install liquidctl:
Code:
brew install liquidctl

View attachment 457084

I'm getting the following message "No devices matches available drivers and selection criteria"

EDIT: Just found out my AIO is the Platinum H115i, which is not supported yet :/

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2020-03-25 às 21.53.31.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-03-25 às 21.53.31.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
With so much issues with the update, I think I am going to hold it off indefinitely. There is nothing special feature that I think I must need to have. Too bad Apple won't release security fixes only.

Hello @dadest,

My understanding of UAD's Thunderbolt-based Apollo devices is that they do not need to operate on USB 2.0. So HS08 and HS13 are not needed. Your latest settings look okay (there is no HS08 or HS13).

But we typically have to do this:
  • Install latest UAD macOS drivers.
  • Install latest UAD firmware on the Apollo itself.
If any UAD Apollo owners are reading this, please provide some connection advice...

Hello. I'm posting some links to my unread posts regarding UAD Thunderbolt devices.
If you own a UAD Thunderbolt device with a power switch, this is for you.

This link.

And this link.

And if you think you have "Hot Swap" working, here is the tried and true test for that, which can be demonstrated on Windows machines as well as genuine Macs: (This Link.)

Just to double-check your work.

We don't see a Welcome screen with this update. Do you have any Hackintosh kexts in /Library/Extensions?
I'm not sure what's a hackintosh kext vs non-hackintosh. Here's a screenshot of /Library/Extensions

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 6.50.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 6.50.24 PM.png
    184.8 KB · Views: 103
Hello. I'm posting some links to my unread posts regarding UAD Thunderbolt devices.

This link.

And this link.

And if you think you have "Hot Swap" working, here is the tried and true test for that, which can be demonstrated on Windows machines as well as genuine Macs: (This Link.)

I will link these to Post #1 tomorrow morning in a section for UAD tips and troubleshooting.

I'm getting the following message "No devices matches available drivers and selection criteria"
The Corsair has to be connected to F_USB header on the motherboard. We use USB port splitters to allow multiple devices to connect to the single on-board USB header. Links to splitters are at the top of Post #1 in the Components list.

My experience is very strange i'm in 10.15.4 finally

i have only updated in Release v5.0 r5107 like links @peetbeat

Of course my kext is updated also

i have reboot like @CaseySJ said me

I have update like @CaseySJ procedure

And i'm going to preboot etc....

Update is going but juste one reboot and at the end error update message at the end of minutes

reboot and i'm on 10.15.4

TEst of my uad everything is ok on TB3

very strange

Same problem faced by me but when I restarted the machine update wass successfully done and got into one more problem my clover looks like this and Install option is always there don't know how to get rid of it

Attachments

• IMG_20200326_080940.jpg
    IMG_20200326_080940.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 96

This link.

And this link.

I can def power off and on with my Apollo x16 and hot swap (used to also be able to with my Apollo 8 before I upgraded). My issue is with the new TB drivers and firmware NVM43 for my Titan Ridge, if I restart, the HOST light does not go off and the Apollo doesn't connect on reboot. I can power cycle it and it will turn on (hot-swap) or I can unplug/replug the cable. This used to not be an issue. Only a minor annoyance, but still...
Do you have this issue by chance?

Because you made a full bootable backup before updating, just boot from that backup disk and see if the problem is still there in 10.15.3.

I had not made a backup and did the update although I am able to fix the color issue under system preferences>Display >High Dynamic range was checked and it was causing the issue and when I unchecked it colors are back to normal please some one elese with 4k or 5k display please share you display setting screen .Issue is I can't get rid of install option from Clover boot menu.please help me to fix this now .

Attachments

• IMG_20200326_080940.jpg
    IMG_20200326_080940.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 85
Because you made a full bootable backup before updating, just boot from that backup disk and see if the problem is still there in 10.15.3.

I had not made a backup and did the update although I am able to fix the color issue under system preferences>Display >High Dynamic range was checked and it was causing the issue and when I unchecked it colors are back to normal please some one elese with 4k or 5k display please share you display setting screen .Issue is I can't get rid of install option from Clover boot menu.please help me to fix this now .

Back