Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi Casey,

When updating Clover Bootloader, just to confirm, I should open the config.plist in the Cover folder EFI. Then goto Install/Update. Click Cloverx64.efi.

When I update will there be a similar customise install screen as per fresh Catalina install and should the default install be sufficient?

Currently I cannot update via Clover due to a problem with the server. To use the downloaded installer from Github do I need my EFI mounted? do I select the default install? Will the installer automatically find my EFI and update the bootloader?

I prefer to download those kexts from the Acidanthera GitHub site and just copy the .kext files into CLOVER/kexts/other.
Thanks Casey. On the Acidanthera GitHub site, I can find the repositories but not the individual kext files. Actually I eventually found lilu.kext but not WhateverGreen and AppleALC kext files. What am I missing?

Edit: Nevermind, I found them on the releases page of the repositories. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Haha you are really a good fellow helping people like me. And for the record. I noticed that the shutdown is now much slower. Older version is instant shutdown. Less than a second. It's nice that you show your shutdown time. But still wondering why the shutdown is suddenly slower now in catalina. Just asking. And didnt you notice this difference in older builds/versions of osx and new builds/catalina? Or am I just a freak?
An instant shutdown sounds like a problem. It should not shutdown instantly.

An instant shutdown sounds like a problem. It should not shutdown instantly.

All my builds shut down like that. Circle that is spinning. Shutdown in 1 second. But hey. Im not going to be a douche. THanks and Ill leave it this way. Thanks again for the help you gave me. System really is working great. Thats the most important. So thanks again!.

Hi Casey,

When updating Clover Bootloader, just to confirm, I should open the config.plist in the Cover folder EFI. Then goto Install/Update. Click Cloverx64.efi.

When I update will there be a similar customise install screen as per fresh Catalina install and should the default install be sufficient?

Currently I cannot update via Clover due to a problem with the server. To use the downloaded installer from Github do I need my EFI mounted? do I select the default install? Will the installer automatically find my EFI and update the bootloader?
Instructions are in the Catalina Mini-Guide: Step 1 Bullet #4. That procedure can be used at any time to update Clover.

Hello, I would like to find the solution for iMessage and FaceTime to work for me.

I thought that asking this question in this post was the right thing to do. After passing through the hands of supposed experts at other sites. I have paid one of them, a supposed Hackintosh expert, and got nothing. This person did not like anything besides that she speaks very badly of the people of "https://www.tonymacx86.com/".

I have also chosen this site, because my hackintosh PC is mostly based on the same hardware as the one in this post and following this guide:

Help please @CaseySJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
@CaseySJ Is there a way to hide the boot code process? This is what I see everytime my hackintosh boots. I've checked my boot flags and they are from your Clean Install Mini-Guide. Thanks.
IMG_1561.jpeg

1585175644703.png

Instructions are in the Catalina Mini-Guide: Step 1 Bullet #4. That procedure can be used at any time to update Clover.
Which install location? Reason why I ask is that I just got a warning about it installing on my system software. So I chose the option to quit.

Just being cautious :)

Which install location? Reason why I ask is that I just got a warning about it installing on my system software. So I chose the option to quit.

Just being cautious :)
Because you're upgrading the EFI partition on your internal Catalina SSD, the Install Location should be the internal Catalina SSD. By checking Install Clover in the ESP you are telling it to install Clover in the EFI System Partition. If a warning appears, you may still continue.

Back