Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Catalina 10.15.4 has been released >

Very great Thkx

@CaseySJ @Feartech

In correlation to using OC Configurator and the general response to all things on OC forums there is a phrase that is both knee jerk and appropriate: READ THE GUIDE.

So I did.

Code:
4. Find
Type: plist data
Failsafe: Empty data
Description: Data to find. Must equal to Replace in size.

I replaced FF with the equal amount of bytes from the find and voila! I don't know what is left to do with this EX3. What do I do with my hands now?

** MacOS Catalina 10.15.4 Update **
Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 11.42.32 AM.png
Guidelines for Updating macOS Catalina to 10.15.4.
  • Make a full bootable backup of the current system. To quote Nike, Just do it!
  • Update to latest Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC if you have not already done so.
  • Update to Clover 5107 (if you're on Clover 5104 or newer, you may be okay without updating to 5107).
  • Reboot.
  • At the Clover Boot Menu press F11 to clear NVRAM. This step may be extremely important for some users.
  • Then boot into existing Catalina 10.15.3 and ensure it is still fully operational.
  • Now begin an in-place update from System Preferences --> Software Update.
  • You may encounter three reboots.
  • You will find that during all stages of installation, progress bar under the Apple logo will move slowly, sometimes very slowly. Don't worry. Just give it time.
  • On the first reboot, make sure to select:
    • Boot macOS Install Prebooter from ... or Boot macOS Install from [disk name] - Data
    • One of these options should already be selected if NVRAM is enabled.
  • On the second reboot, also select the same (if it exists):
    • Boot macOS Install Prebooter from ... or Boot macOS Install from [disk name] - Data
    • WARNING: In my case macOS had selected something else by default so I had to intervene and select one of the above.
  • On the third reboot, select:
    • Boot macOS from ...
    • You will find that the "Install" option is gone, so select the one above.
It will take a good 30-40 minutes.

UPDATE 3-Apr-2020:
  • If this procedure fails (boot failure or startup failure) please try Plan C by clicking here.
  • After the update to 10.15.4, if you see leftover "Install macOS" volumes at the Clover Boot Menu, follow this procedure to remove them.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ @Feartech

In correlation to using OC Configurator and the general response to all things on OC forums there is a phrase that is both knee jerk and appropriate: READ THE GUIDE.

So I did.

Code:
4. Find
Type: plist data
Failsafe: Empty data
Description: Data to find. Must equal to Replace in size.
Good find.
I replaced FF with the equal amount of bytes from the find and voila! I don't know what is left to do with this EX3. What do I do with my hands now?
Hmm, not sure how kosher that is... Those are machine language instructions. If the ACPI interpreter encounters a series of 0xFF, I'm not sure what it will do.

Wonder if Clover doesn't require Find and Replace to be of equal size.

CaseySJ's Coffee Lake in Phanteks Evolv X ATX Case:
Gigabyte Designare Z390 - i7-9700K - UHD 630 - AMD RX 580

(Please do not quote this build guide in its entirely. Post a link instead.)

View attachment 373051

Have you connected a DisplayPort cable from your Radeon VII to the port on the back of motherboard labeled DP-In? And then connected Cinema Display to Thunderbolt port closest to HDMI port?
Have you connected a DisplayPort cable from your Radeon VII to the port on the back of motherboard labeled DP-In? And then connected Cinema Display to Thunderbolt port closest to HDMI port?
How can I know if thunderbolt3 is working if I have only the cinema display?

How can I know if thunderbolt3 is working if I have only the cinema display?
You can check Thunderbolt by going to System Information --> PCI. If you see Thunderbolt entries there, then it's working correctly.

Last edited:
Good find.

Hmm, not sure how kosher that is... Those are machine language instructions. If the ACPI interpreter encounters a series of 0xFF, I'm not sure what it will do.

Wonder if Clover doesn't require Find and Replace to be of equal size.

You are absolutely correct. An equal amount of FFFFFFFF made the System DSDT throw errors.
Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 2.17.59 PM.png

However an equal of amount 20202020 gave us me the desired result.

20202020.png

So it looks like for OC there are different behaviors?

So for OC

Enable: YES
Find: FF503858 48000A51 5C2E5F47 50455449 4E495442 534500
Replace: 20202020 20202020 20202020 20202020 20202020 202020
TableSignature (DSDT): 44534454

Last edited:
Back