Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Does not boot, freezes with errors after selecting Boot macOS from Mojave. Says something about disk not being readable, think it could be the usb stick?
Please do the following:
  • Insert the USB install disk
  • Reboot and press F12 during BIOS Splash Screen
  • When the BIOS Boot Menu (not Clover Boot Menu) appears, select the USB flash disk
  • When the Clover Boot Menu appears, select Boot macOS from Mojave
  • Does the system boot up?
If the system boots up, continue as follows:
  • Login to Mojave
  • Mount EFI partition of the Mojave internal SSD
  • Compress and upload the CLOVER folder from the EFI partition
  • Use Finder to go to /Library/Extensionsas follows:
    • In Finder, press SHIFT-CMD-C to jump to the "Computer" folder
    • Go into the Mojave folder (if the named of your SSD is "Mojave")
    • You will find Library so go there
    • Now you will find Extensionsso expand that and capture/post a screenshot
      • We can capture a screenshot by pressing CMD-SHIFT-5
      • Screenshot will be saved to Desktop

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
Does not boot, freezes with errors after selecting Boot macOS from Mojave. Says something about disk not being readable, think it could be the usb stick?
This time reboot from the USB disk and, at Clover Boot Menu, choose the option to boot into Recovery. Does it work?

My feeling is that /Library/Extensions may be incorrect.

This time reboot from the USB disk and, at Clover Boot Menu, choose the option to boot into Recovery. Does it work?

My feeling is that /Library/Extensions may be incorrect.
No it does not, same errors

Crucial CT525M
I can suggest 2 options:

1. Because CT525M is a SATA SSD, you can connect it to your real Mac using an external USB 3 enclosure. Then you can mount EFI folder and upload CLOVER folder. And you can also capture screenshot of the /Library/Extensions folder.

2. Reinstall Mojave, but do not perform the Post-Installation procedure. Instead, just make sure Mojave can boot through the USB flash disk. Then we can help you with Post-Installation.

@CaseySJ @S1lla
OK, It seem to be native TINI method called at the boot that make a little more time to boot thunderbolt controller.

I have a Clover/OC patch to solve that on Z390 Designare. Now I have no slow down :)

Comment: disable \_GPE.TINI (Zero, RPS0, RPT0, Zero)
Find: FF5C2E5F 47504554 494E4900 52505330 52505430 00
Replace : FF

This is rocking me. I've been over it so much but...grr. Learning this will be cool though!

Step 1 -
Make duplicate copies of System DSDT.

Step 2 - Find the \_GPE.TINI and edit the one that looks like this.
Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 8.08.36 PM.png

End Result on System DSDT 2

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 8.11.23 PM.png

Step 3 - Open both DSDT's in Hexfiend. In Sytem DSDT 1, search for GPE.TINI. Hit next, it will be second option and you can tell by the p8xh (zero)... part. Go to the same offset in System DSDT 2.
Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 8.20.57 PM.png

And then we see the compare...

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 8.21.41 PM.png

And from there I'm lost! But I have noticed a few things.

First the prefix ff that was mentioned for having a little before and after in the binary. I'm assuming the 00 to be the same.

Another is the replace is \_GPE.TINI (Zero, RPS0, RPT0, Zero) and if I remember correctly from the old screenshots the parts copied weren't all in line.

When I copy the path that looks similar it's missing a few values: \_GPE.TINI (TBSE, Zero) and doesn't work. I've tried creating the patch as
Code:
\_GPE.TINI (Zero, 0x51, TBSE, Zero)
FF5C5F4750 452E5449 4E4920 285A6572 6F2C2030 783531 2C20 54425345 2C205A65 726F29 00
but no dice.

Can anyone clue me in on what I'm missing?

Last edited:
@faithie999
I can't see your message in full as I have <75 posts. Upload the original NUC firmware.bin and I'll see if I can patch it for you.

@dgsga @rj510
Perhaps something of interest - This is NVM20 for ASRock z390/z370 itx. Got this from ASRock. You can flash it from Windows using the FWUpdateTool.exe (download from the link in the pdf here - https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28525/eng/Thunderbolt-FW-Update-Guide-v4.0.pdf).
The firmware is only 250KB so the FWUpdateTool.exe updates the region in the existing TB firmware and then changes the pointer to the new region.

The corresponding dump of the TB Chip is attached here too (NVM20bin.zip).
@Elias64Fr was helping me patch this but I've been unsuccessful so far.

Attachments

• ASROCK_Z390_PG_ITX_ac_LP_HR_2C_A1_rev20_TI_170628_noUVP_CNL.BIN.zip
    108.8 KB · Views: 153
  • NVM20.bin.zip
    213.6 KB · Views: 230
Hi all, just have two queries..

1. I am using Clover Bootloader 5100, should I update to 5106? If so, how? I thought I knew how and attempted to do this first using Clover Configurator, all apeared to work however, when I reboot, Clover is still version 5100. I then attempted to update using Hackintool and same result. Where am I going wrong?

2. second query, I have noticed a small issue when rebooting or restarting my machine, some programs I have listed to start on boot do not start automatically and others that I have closed before shutting down or rebooting seem to always load / reload on boot. Its like the system forgets settings.

Hope someone could shed some light on the above. Other than this, my system has been running stable now for several months thanks to the clean install using the mini guide. My system is pretty much a vanilla install.

Sometimes my option in bio disapear when i connect a usb-c ssd option in bios reappear

but on macos sound is not clear with some parasite

Back